[1.0.1.1] Proof of Concept - Max Attack Speed 2H Cadence Commando

damn

I was originally toying around with a Vitality 2H Cadence build, because I still had yet to get Vitality Cadence to work in a respectable way. Then it occurred to me that Physical would just be better of course, and I went with that. By happenstance, this is what I wound up with:

Any/every proc will bump it up to 200% AS

Pros:

• Good AoE clear, kinda chunky single target
  • Essentially immune to major forms of CC (Stun/Freeze)
  • S P E E D
  • Good Resist Reduction
  • Makes use of some niche items that are almost never used.

Cons:

• Regen blows. Energy regen required an ectoplasm to sustain even Cadence. Health regen isn’t great either.
  • Shreds itself against reflect due to Internal Trauma from Oleron’s being fed through 500% Weapon Damage on Cadence.
  • Gear is ‘expensive’.

Grimtools: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeK3Q28 (Weapon is on weapon swap) (note)

Screencap from 100k monsters killed

I don’t really have especially much to say about this character because it’s not so much a build post as it is just a proof-of-concept for myself and for others. I had never seen 2H reach 200% AS before outside of maybe a Savagery build back in the Ultos days. I don’t know how optimized this is, either. The implications of being able to reach the AS cap on 2H are phenomenal since that has always been 2H’s limiting factor in terms of competitive performance with other weapon types.

As usual, questions, comments, and concerns are welcome below. :slight_smile:

Do you feel confortable with the animation of 2-handed weapons? The reason I usually flee 2H builds is not the damage/viability, I just think the stance the character has looks a bit funny.

No.

Ha, no, I really don’t. I also think even the default attack animations kinda hamper 2H in general a bit too. 2H feels as though it attacks a lot slower at 200% AS than 1H/DW does at 200% AS.

Pyromancer build also can reach 200% attack speed http://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR5ajVD

It’s a nice idea but I have to say, a frenzied of fury weapon is something I have never seen in ~1600 hours played. Ah well, maybe one day (who am I kidding).

Dat near 10k damage taken with 0 deaths. Mad Queen? Only one i can see deal that kind of heavy damage.

Also, 2H Cadence still sucks np.

Jokes aside, i’ve been reading that 200% and around 160% attack speed is around the same for 2H, what’s up with that? Janky animation?

Unfortunately no, and I trust that you can see it clearly for your self now.

Don’t know off the top of my head, but highlevel Menhir’s Will is a godsend.

My guess would be that skeleton golem boss in SoT. He’s responsible for a 8xxx hit on one of my maiven users which puts it around 10k with less mitigation.

If it was the Mad Queen, it would show up as the greatest monster killed because the game for some reason considers it the strongest thing currently, at least above any Nemeses.

fun fact: Dummy is a greater monster kill than MQ in Ultimate. :rolleyes:

Dummy, The Dummiest for new Nemesis in the expansion. He will take revenge for all those dummies killed in testing the DPS of builds.

Super fun fact: Legionnaires at Fort Ikon sometimes randomly attack the dummies. They must be on to something!

It only does so if Rashalga spawns and is killed at her highest possible level. If she doesn’t, a nemesis kill will still overwrite it. But yes, in principle, you are right, unless, of course, a character is able to defeat (you don’t really kill him, ever) the Avatar of Mogdrogen.