[1.0.2.1] Aether Death Knight

Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been trolling the forums for awhile now, but until recently I’ve never been motivated enough to make an account and post any builds.

I like the concept of the Death Knight and originally made a phys-to-vitality build that was kind of “meh”. Given that I have the Cruci DLC, I spent some time and farmed out a metric ton of gear to respec my Death Knight to Aether damage.

This is the gear and spec / devotions that I’m using now, but I’m open to criticism and alternatives to optimize this build.

As it stands, this build dumps damage, the highest crit I have on my character is 400k, but certain nemesis mobs (Kuba and Grava) eat this build alive (probably due to low hp/sec regen for a soldier).

I’m not entirely sold on Attak Seru constellation and I will most likely spec out of it soon. The Arcane Currents are nice, but without Arcane Bomb on Cadence I don’t think I have enough RR to justify the damage.

Here’s the build: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXl9gWN

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

reserved in case I convert this to an actual build guide.

reserved #2 as above

This is what I ended up with when trying to come up with a build:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2By94DN

About 80% the same, a few different choices. A lot of skill points unspent currently, reserved for some of the defensive skills as I decided they would be best used, or possible dumped into the cadence line. I will say that I think Oleron’s is the best choice of the possible exclusives. In full gear and devos 135% bonus damage isn’t super important, but Oleron’s gives OA, Movement speed, and a big chunk of internal trauma flat damage. Since there is no aether dot, Internal Trauma doesn’t convert and soldier has several sources of it. I consider the build Aether/Trauma although the trauma support is a little light. Almost all of the physical damage will be converted, though so I went mostly into aether bonuses and defensive devos. And the raise skeletons proc because I never have a reason to use them otherwise, they’re player stat based not pet bonus based, and they do aether damage so the -resists I stacked should work for them.

Also, it’s Krieg. Krieg raises up skeletons, so I should too.

I can definitely see your argument for Oleron over MoD, I think I just went with MoD because it was easier too given that I respec’d my DK from Vitality and was already at the exclusives for Necro. It also seems a bit cleaner than Olerons in terms of bonuses and flat DA to boot, but the move speed on Oleron is definitely useful given that the Krieg set has no move speed on the boots.
I can’t see devotions at the moment (grim tools doesn’t like my phone browser) but the gear set up is pretty similar. I have doom for my Vit build, but switched it out in favor of Impurity’s aoe proc and flat aether damage.

I found on youtube a video of a build similar to yours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iS_jIpldkw

THIS BUILD IS NOT FROM ME ALL CREDITS GO TO “EIO AU” (the holder of the youtube channel), but since he has not made a guide for it I found it worth to mention it here, I invite him to show up and comment :slight_smile:

This seems to be a pretty strong build since it tanks ravager and provide enough dmg to kill it under 10 minuts :slight_smile:

What is your DPS?
Because if judge from your stats list, it will be VERY low.

I’d have to double check when I get back to my computer, but iirc it should be around 45k sheet without procs.
Any suggestions for improvement?

Edited for accuracy.

Since grimtools is a lot faster than a video, here is that build in the video, in case anyone wants to see it: DK by EIO AU.

Man that build is dirty…100% overguard uptime with that shield :rolleyes: along with dps for sub-10 minute reaver.

Death Knight has one decent build at least lol.