[1.0.2.1] Bone Strike Soulrend Reaper (Miniguide)

I suggest this http://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqBn5pN devotion setup for defencive purpose. 40% Extra live , 80% CtH from hardest nemesis in exchange of almost non-existand dmg boost from Leviathan and a bunch of crap-nodes on route to it.

Great build!

I’ll try it very soon!

Hey hows it going I like your builds for the reaper class and I am in the process of leveling one up. I am just trying to figure out the best talents to go for as I level and what order for the devotions I should go for first.

If you take necromancer. All in Bone Harvest and it’s 2H transmute.

If you take Nightblade, you can play any weapons.
Caster : Phantasmal Blade without Frenetic Throw.
Melee : Shadow Strike and ABB. DW is recommend but not waste early points in DW line. Spend rest points on Pneumatic Burst or Veil of Shadow.
Ranged : ABB and Phantasmal Blade

Early game

• Need more skills/auras : components could help a lot .
  • Need more defense : craft sanctuary relic

Devotions : take whatever +%dmg type you’re focusing in. In my case. I take Murmur and Rhowan’s Crown first in any devotion path.

Great to see your Reaper build on the compedium!

I am actually following your Deathguard Reaper build, focusing on acid damage, but using devotions from Ceno’s assreaper build.

Will your Deathguard Reaper be posted soon?

EDIT

Whoops it’s there, I missed it :slight_smile:

Bone strike Reaper or Deathmarked Shadow Strike Spellbreaker is better in your opinion ?

Currently, spellbreaker as it’s more durable and better survival at the same dmg output+cheese mechanic(Mirror of Ereoctes and Nullification).

Arcanist mastery give better sync and universal good buff+skills than necro.

Update 1.0.3.0 : Everything got buff. Overall better. Nothing change in setup.

Leveling as necro, are you better off to go for a weapon with alot of cold% damage, or just straight up the most flat physical as its converted to cold. Doesn’t seem to be that many epic 2h cold leveling items that ive seen.

Anything has better dmg(in tooltip) or you can use any green alkamos’ scythe/warsword(from SoT boss) which is always drop when you kill him. Farm him at lv30, 50, 70, 85, 94 for upgrade the weapon stats.

Hi new to GD after deciding to buy the game + expac, most recently with some D3 experience. After looking around and reading up, I thought this build would be fun to start off with, thanks for the guide!

A quick question, appreciate the help:

1. The primary rotation appears to be shadow strike, blade burst for lethal assault, and bone harvest right? But there’s a little downtime in between, would the following options be viable to consider:
  • reaping strike/necrotic edge for WPS procs (doesn’t proc much with slow 2H, but large part of the damage is weapon damage% based, and useful secondary effects like attack damage converted to health/terrify)
  • blade spirit (a distraction, and it’s buffed by % to all damage from soul harvest/master of death even though the spirit is primarily bleeding/cold/piercing)
  1. and if the above options are viable, where would you suggest pulling some skill points from?
  1. It’s viable if you’re ok with them and have points to spend exceeding 20+% chance.

About Blade Spirit, if you can play with one more empty slot to use you could put 1 point in. (I don’t use it because my hand is busy enough)

1. Soul Harvest, Shadow Dance and Elemental Awakening

how the eff did you hit over 1mil damage?