[1.0.2.1] Burning Commando - Relaxed and Effective HC Gladiator Farming

Hey Pyro, I was thinking of going Tactician instead of Commando. You lose TM, but you gain censure, which basically gives you what TM does but it is not the most stupid and unreliable skill in the game. Also, you lose FT and BS but you gain Deadly Aim and Seal. What do you think?

You also lose oleron’s rage because you can’t have 2 exclusive skills. Seems ok though, test it :slight_smile:

Deadly Aim more than makes up for oleron’s:P You also gain 35% crit damage through deadly aim and seal (both are permanently up basically) which is HUGE. Actually that’s what tempted me:P

I realized the grimtool I posted earlier didn’t work. Here is the actual build for softcore :
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPzzKg2

leveling soldier is a pain, even with xp potion

I am 94 finally. What faction potion do you recommend? Im usually getting the yellow one from Homestead.

holyshit didn’t realize avenger of cairn was this amazing, definitely bis for any soldier build that doenst need markovian

Wierd…
You use Justicar set, that provides bonuses for Blitz and Forcewave, yet you use Cadence there. Why dont use Forcewave instead?

he uses cadence for large %weap dmg to apply big burn dot’s. same reason as going blade arc on bleed builds

I still use Myth peerless on WarBorn, if i ever play WB

Pyroscar you need to clean up the first post abit as its confusing.

Grimtools link posted with the red is the main recommended setup for 2h?
Because the devotions are different from the one you written with ~All necessary constellations minus last Revenant node ~

Also if using Blitz is better why not included in a grimtools link?

Having 4-5 setups is a bit confusing :rolleyes:

It is definitely a favorite of mine, if im not lacking in offensive aspects duch as OA/%dmg etc i mostly pick AoC over anything.

I actually been working on a Forcewave setup as a 3rd possible choice but it wasn’t as satisfactory as others and definitely less weaker on Burn damage which is my focus on the build hence using Cadence as jajaja pointed out.

I just wanted to present the different setups i have used so far and dont think it is that confusing. I can definitely edit the post in general when i will be able to since im in vacatin atm :D.

Ex. i did different test runs with neither BWC or Blitz, Blitz alone, BWC alone and both BWC and Blitz. I stated in the build there are different options that work pretty good in general so its up to prefernce to focus on different options i pointed out in the writeup.

Enjoy your vacation!

You might wanna check the links again when you have time.
There are noobs - like me - who like easy to follow guides. There is no grimtools link for the 2h version where you have blitz & bwc. Sure, I can remove some points from here and there and add those 2 but it wont be optimal.

Regards

PS This might look like a good MI Belt http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7954

Finally getting close to finishing the gear on this build after leveling.

Crazy good. Good job Pyroscar.

But Forcewave is ranged (+), has large AoE (+), can have 100% of its damage converted to fire (+) and is immune to nasty fumble/impaired aim, that almost every enemy in AoM/Crucible seems to possess…

It’s sad that fire-based build with Justicaar set and 2-hander tends to be “just another Cadence build”…

Hey, I´m playing at the end with this build,

HC Gladiator 130-150 WITH extra spawn NO elixirs and aether clusters : https://vimeo.com/241236064

How do you regen so many energy?..

And you don´t use any skill on Fiend constellation?..

Thanks a lot im glad you are enjoying it.

I dont have access to my pc atm but as i recall in that run, i put 2 Ectoplasms in my rings for energy issues. I think 1 Ectoplasm is enough to get through and using potions in between is enough.

Have u tried Sharzuls Worldeater instead of Brimstone? Could also be a nice Weapon for ur Build?

I haven’t had a chance to test with Sharzul’s yet since i have yet to drop the Worldeater.
The build is based around Burn damage and being able to kite when needed, i think WE would change the direction into heavy flat Fire damage setup but as i said can be effective with some tweaks.

I’ll will pin an update about it when i get to drop and test with it.

Mmmm, ok man, but you didn´t answer, What skill to link to “Fiend” constellation?.. Thanks in advance…

Its up to your preference, i change attained skills occasionally.
Thermite Mine was my initial choice but BWC with transmuter can proc it throughout its duration so i set it on BWC in my final setup.

Same goes for War Cry, it will proc whenever you are close to a taunted enemy throughout WC’s duration.