[1.0.2.1] Poison/Acid, Doom Bolt/DEE WH - Dont trust when they tell you its squishy

dont have char to see DB animations… videos pls :smiley:

I wanted to make something like this as soon as I got my hands on a conduit. But I wanted to try DW DG blade for full Acid Bolt. Would it be inferior to DG + Tome? I mean how bad are the energy issues that you need an Off Hand? It’s a non-spam build right?

Great build as always

How much of this builds toughness comes from rare MIs and the double rare boots?

How tanky is this build without these items?

Should still be tanky, you have good amount of HP regen backing you up. Boots are craftable so not much of an issue.
The build is based on DoT + CD Nuker playstyle so it works well w/o too much green stuff

Well here is one of combinations, no green items at all: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPzo9J2

Ofc you can make it with different gear setup also, try to adjust to gear you have.

Lol, you know Im waiting for Drizzto to do that :smiley:

Thx, if it weren’t for energy issues going double daggers for converting 100% vitality to acid would be great boon. In vanila maybe you can be good with that change, but in cruci with no buffs and banners you just cant satisfy tirst for energy with that. You have to cast many spells on rotation and all of them cost energy, its not that you use only DB.

It shouldn’t be to much but I cant judge, I had those items so I used them, you can check no greens setup I made in upper part of this post and maybe judge for your self.

Having trouble equiping the green MI legs with 1077 physical requirement. Im way off (8xx). How did you manage to get so much phy?

Lmao checking the no MI setup

~1k HP, ~500 OA, ~400DA, ~200 armour and capping all res

Might be safe to say a large portion of tankiness comes from those greens

If you hope to retain performance w/o MIs then MIs serve absolutely no purpose in the game

All the recent complaining on the forums on WH being squishy seems to come from people who haven’t tried the class or don’t want to give up damage to get more tankiness

The playstyle of the build is the reason why a non-MI setup would work out. It doesn’t require you to stand and fight, you can move freely as your damage comes from CD Nukers and DoTs.

Anyone who is too skeptical about any build that has greens equipped should probably try it first before complaining about item dependency

coughs

You do realize you’ve been defeated right? I mean er… we killed you (very easily I might add) in your own realm.

JoV how does this build compare vs the BWC 3 meteor one (which is currently my fav for all around gaming) if you have to consider clear time, single target dmg and durability?

It also depends on the Greens. Craft able rares are not so bad (though a double rare ‘of Kings’ is really pushing it) but when you are looking at perfect nemesis greens I really have to question that.

I get that its a DoT styled gameplay but this build’s selling point was it’s tankiness over other poison DoT builds. If that tankiness is simply due to perfect rare greens isn’t that sort of generic? Can’t any ‘squishy’ build be made somewhat tanky with a bunch of perfect rare greens and a couple of Scaled Hides?

Either way I have diverted this thread enough.

Dude wtf, what are you checking? Might be safe to say that you should do it again.

I’m playing around in Stash trying to make this character to try out and I think I must be missing something. Like aMIGa, I’m unable to equip all the items because no matter what I try I’m short on stat requirements.

I can equip either the pants or the tome, but never both. Looking at your Grimtools link, the character sheet there shows the character not having enough spirit to equip the tome. What am I not seeing?

Can you please indulge me and explain what perfect green gear and what amount of tankines is provided by them? If you are referring about upper statement of that guy, he dont have a clue what he is talking about. He is comparing picture with greem tool link, you shoul compare grim tool link w/o greens with grim tool link with them. When i get home just to indulge you i will make setup with no mis and check cruci with it.

Huh…looking at their gear the only thing I could figure is their tome rolled above-average on spirit (giving them 724 with it equipped) and they used a different slot with a +spirit item to temporarily boost it to equip the tome?

I’ve been hiting this same problem trying to equip both heavy armor and a spelltome offhand on my caster too. There are ways around it but it requires walking a very fine line. You may also need to use a +spirit component somewhere.

You are missing that my belt has 1% more spirit than average rool. Also to equip pants first equip ring or some pice of gear that is giving you flat phys. Same with spirit. I elaborated on equipping gear issue long ago in my all cunning BM thread.

This guy can dish more single target dmg, tho its way less tanky due to non having mirror and BS. But when comparing gladiator crucible clear times w/o buffs and banners they are more or less same, tankines of sorc compensate for lack in dmg.

Not trying to attack your build or anything.

How much more tanky is your Poison Dot build compared to other Poison DoT builds? In your non MI grimtools your defensive stats seem fairly standard.

They are, even in MI setup they are standard for AoM standards. Main diference, like I stated in original post, is that this setup uses direct dmg to kill and does not rely solely on DOT dmg. What does that mean, it means that when you hit the target with doom bolt you inflicted 150-200k direct dmg, and dont need to w8 1-2s or w/e for DOT to kill target and take dmg from it in that time. Simply you dont get zerged by mobs you dispatch them before that.

The build is like corrupted/plague zeus :eek:

Anyway I don’t think the topic name should be against squishyness complained by people. It won’t change the fact that most WH build variations are a little bit squishy(Thanks for Aspect the Guardian buff).

The insight detail is more likely how to deal gladiator crucible with WH. Nice build :slight_smile:

Ahh. Thank you.

Also to equip pants firsr equip ring or some pice of gear that is giving you flat phys. Same with spirit. I elaborated on equiping gear isue long ago in my all cunning BM thread.

I did not see that and did not know to look there. I apologize.