[1.0.2.1] Poison/Acid, Doom Bolt/DEE WH - Dont trust when they tell you its squishy

Thx, but sry, I just cant label a build that can finish gladiator cruci w/o buffs and banners as squishy at all. And I have to repeat that any build will be squishy if you build it to be squishy.
Also I dont have a problem with people disagreeing with me on that issue, but I do have a problem when someone to lazy to check some things properly writes that w/o MIs build will lose ~500OA when those ˝godly MIs˝ in total net like 35 OA.

Pics of build w/o any greens compared to pic of build with grens:

Beside the things you can see on picture build lost whooping 1% phys resistance going from 26% to 25%.

I apologize for not stating that in original post, but somewhat I thought that its widely known by now.

Yep, was my bad, I apologize.

Nice greens anyway.

No need to apologize but next time plz check things bit better before posting. I mean come on is it even possible to net 500 OA and 400 DA by changing 3 gear pieces like boots, legs and shoulders?
Armor difference comes from armor ratings of shoulders and pants, amount of armor on chests, head, hands, boots is the same for both setups.

Greens are nice but I do hope that you see now that they are not that much of necessity and you can do reasonably well with other stuff also.

This is beautiful - I was trying to decide between an acid or doom bolt character next. Now I have this, so don’t have decide! Can’t wait to try it out - thanks JoV :slight_smile:

Great work :slight_smile:

What about going to pox tree instead of DEE.This tome changed all vitality damage to acid.I m trying to find that tome and amulet but still not find ,can you try that then we can see for the clearing speed?

Glad you liked it :slight_smile:

DEE>>>>Pox
But if you dont mind using one more button/skill you can add Pox.
You absolutely need that amulet, for off hand you can use some other.

When do you recommend starting to use doom bolt? Early on, or not until you can convert with the amulet at lvl 94? Is there a different way to convert sooner?

Where does the pattern for the lvl 94 helm drops? Again Sentinel? I farmed him a lot but he doesnt want to drop it.

No, start using it when you get amulet, before that use standard WH leveling pattern: DEE, mark of dreeg given skill, dreeg affliction relic given skill and SS with NJE.

Yes Sentinel, I got it iirc in some ~50 runs.

It’s a shame that i’m so bad at aiming stuff with doom bolts :frowning:

Respec-ed my poison dot WH (Tomo`s build) to this one at lvl 95.

Honestly its much more fun, agile, no trace left from the tissue paper feeling, things die faster!

And you shoot Acid Doom bolts (too bad they arent green though).

Playing with the non-MI version and only missing the mythical helm (Sentinel is boring and stingy fucker) - still i get steamrolled by Grava but which caster wouldnt…

Once i get the helm i will try Gladiator - but overall its damn fun build - thank you JoV once again for providing some powerful and original build :slight_smile:

Hey man, have you thought of using one or even two Ectoplasms on the rings to solve all energy issues?
Also by using Ectoplasm(s) you can possibly drop Scholar’s Light+Eel and Get Scorpion without regretting the energy regen loss from Scholar, and thus having one more offensive devotion for more dps faster clear (though i wouldnt know on which skill to bind Scorpion lol)…
Ok you lose some health and some defensive ability from Runebound Topaz but your dps would be much higher and your energy issues would be solved.

Can you give me your opinion on this? I guess its more offensive approach but without compromising almost anything defensively.
On which skill would you bind Scorpion btw?

Thx :slight_smile:

Dont tell me that Grava is making you problems? :undecided: Tho I encountered him only once with this build I didnt had any troubles.

With lost of topaz and eel you would lose to much DA (47 flat + 3% for each topaz) I just cant recommend you losing both if you want to run no buffs and banners cruci, one is ok. If you use banners and buffs in cruci, take buff for energy regen take scorpion and you dont need ectos.
You should bind it to SS.

Thanks for your reply

In your grim tools link i see one topaz and one soul shard.

Anyway, would you recommend these changes i posted for non-gladiator crucible purposes?

Damn, JoV, you were right!
Facetanking 2 Iron Maidens makes it pretty not-squishy for me!
Added to my collection.

When stating both I meant eel and topaz. But If you dont have need to do gladiator cruci you are more than ok with changes you proposed.

Glad you liked it.

How does the nerf to Mythical Covenant of the Three impact the build? (i am still farming for it…). Any significant changes needed?

None whatsoever
Reduced energy cost and increased CD actually work in your favor with energy management
Also, flat Acid damage added to DB through Conduit is good

Personally i wouldn’t mind having that 2 sec mod back. Glad i din’t try DB builds before nerf :slight_smile:

Yep, me to, especially now when they lowered energy consumption for it.