[1.0.2.1]Ravenous Earth Ritualist Ultimate Ravager, Lokarr and 150 ex.spawn Challenger Crucible Down

Tell me about it…

You should keep Aethereal cluster on hotkey to survive this kind of situation.
BTW the worst thing you can encounter on 150 is Benjar+IM+Valdran combo. Valdran+IM pinpoint you and Benjar shotgun, or just burst.

RNG death in crucible can also come in the form of bad mutators.

• your DA
  • enemy OA
  • enemy crit damage

that’s how I ate a 16000 crit on my storm totem elementalist through blast shield, gotta love iron maiden.

700h in Grim Dawn and I just learned that Aetherial Cluster is all dmg reduction and not just Aether damage :smiley:

Yes, that shit can get you of hopeless situation https://youtu.be/cNslxYAVpe0?t=1108

Iron Maiden is the worst nemesis I have faced (Whom I enjoy facing unlike Kubrachubra)
She is much harder for me to face than Queen or Grava since she sticks to your ass like hemorrhoids.

Btw, worst combo I’ve faced was 2x Maiden waves. But worst combo I have heard about on the forums was Triple Valdaran doing Triple Swap on Drizzto and his party :D:D:D

lol :smiley: Zantarian+2 Valdran are epic too. You try to outrun Zantarian shoutgun just to face it :smiley:

I’m very interested in your build. Trying strong AoM now and will definitely try yours. You mentioned you had problems with double Iron Maiden. Well, you have low armor and no Scaled hide components, so your low armor only works on 70% of its potential. No wonder you have problems with heavy physical Iron Maidens. I guess, a couple of Scaled Hides can solve the problem.
Have you considered Dark One’s Gift set? Set bonus works all the time, would +250% vitality and 10% damage absorb compensate for loss of viperfang gloves bonus?

AoM opened such great builds really, facetanked 3 Iron Maidens with +crit like they were nothing and it was still about 20min 100-150 gladiator clear (it was some soldier based build still, maybe tactician, maybe deathknight). But casters are not weaker and even guns can clear crucible now!

Soldier seems to be quite broken in the new expansion. I, however, hate playing tank builds, because with tank builds i always have the feeling I’m just gearing for treshholds of survival stats until nothing in the game can hurt me and then wilt evrth down.

I deliberatly went for this build because it combines high sustain with an emphasis of positioning and correct movement, while putting very little emphasis on gear. And it worked really well for virtually the entire game, even Lokarr and Ravager. But crucible wave 149 and 150 you can just get completly ridiculous combos that cripple your ability to move while constanly dpsing and it kinda breaks the whole premise of this build.

I’ve already ranted in atleast 5 different threads about how much I disagree with crates policy for encounter designs (and defensive stats in general), in which most battles degenerate into a battle of resources and gearing, rather than battles of postioning, movement and reaction, but for reasons I can not fathom people seem to be really into it, so I guess I’m on lost ground here.

Beefing up my char by just stacking defensive stats until I can tank maidens would defeat the purpose of playing it, as I might aswell just reroll and play a tank, which would do the same thing but more efficient. The only other project I’m gonna pursue with this build, I think, is trying to down ult mogdrogen (elite mog is already down). Once he’s down or am I am 100% certain I can’t beat him I’ll just retire till the next content patch.

For what it’s worth I agree with this. But it’s been this way since practically forever, changing it would take a lot of work which is why I have concluded it’s unrealistic to expect change and have stopped talking about it.

No they won’t. Even if you survive the initial burst, IMs will keep reapplying 2 sources of internal trauma. I guess only classes with Arcanist can face them off relatively safely due to mirror and nullification.

Any class with high phyz resist/DA can facetank them safely. For example Defiler`s can stack up to 60% phyz resist and wont even feel them.Another option is to bloat your life-pool to 20K+ unbuffed hp and use %based heal, like Shaman+anything can do. Or just stack absurd LL and stun resist, like Reapers do.

I actually generally like tanks and overgearing to facetank ridiculous things, even if it costs me the score multiplier every 20-30 waves or so.

And then goddamn Anasteria and I’m reduced to running around screaming like a little girl anyway. Like every now and then, say right at the start of a wave with Lucius raining green bullshit everwhere and 3 others pounding me? Sure, maybe I need to regroup and work them to get one down or give in and use a consumable. Anasteria, pretty much every time she shows up it’s bullshit. 100 hours since expac to get a tank up and running again, and I might as well just gear health and healing instead because otherwise 1 bullshit mob out of the entire game is going to wreck my crucible runs.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4DnGmN

Literally, I could be watching a movie on the other screen for 99% of the game. Every 10-20 waves health bar might wiggle. Pause movie, check screen. Nothing obvious? Probably forgot to faceroll keyboard, resume facerolling. Red bullshit flying around? Probably Shar’gzul or Bennie, continue to hold down LMB, he’ll wear himself out before I die. Red text under mouse pointer? shotgun or lightning, doesn’t matter, just make sure not to let Overguard drop and lol at pain train of Targas hammer’s if shotgun. Green bullshit flying around? Is there a spiky dog? Yes. Guardian of Dreeg. Continue to roll face, it wont get all the way through. Is there a giant crabmantank? Lucius. Roll face, but sort of pay attention, bullshit might happen. Green bullshit and can’t see any source under the screen full of mobs? It’s ana, time to run and scream and die 50% of the time anyway when she drops me to 50% and then nukes me before I can get away from her.

I should probably take Ulo, but that means 1 pointing something just to have something to hook it to that I never ever ever use except when she shows up. Or start using aether clusters, but I tend to use them like 1 second too late. =p

So, anyway, the reason I posted this wall of text in your thread is I got pissed off, GDstashed a 2hand vitality damage ritualist and despite very similar defensive stats (health, very similar necro skill set up, slightly higher armor and DA) …got to wave 24 in gladiator had some golems spawn, running over to them one throws a rock at me stunning me and I get burst down by the others throwing rocks within 3 seconds.

I’ve almost alway played tanks, and moments like that is why, but I guess I’m wondering…how in the hell do people play the game as non-tanks if 17k can just explode like that on an early wave?

Your DA is way too low for Tactician.Drop Seal, max World of renewal and military conditioning. Devotion setup is not optimal. Drop Lizard for Doge, pick 4% phyz resist instead of 150 armor. And that shiled is wierd. Find Siedgebreacker. And 20 points in MA? Max cadence =)
BTW with 2300 OA you wont crit at all, so with curent devotion route you should forget about crits all-together. Pick some DMG oriented rings, like black matriarch. Use Myrmidon component in shield. Use DA component in armor.
To facetank Anasteria you need 30% overcapped aether resistance.

You mean 80% right? Her relative-resistance reduction can go up to 50%, meaning 110% resistance will be reduced to 55%, you still take more than twice the damage.

@LastMaxStanding: Ironically, I can facetank that particular little bitch easily with the shitty vitality ritualist you mentioned. Lifesteal and a huge HP pool works well against her, and yet a bunch of flying rocks scare the shit out of me, but that’s what left mouse button is for I guess.

Cause it’s not a pet build?

Nah, 30% is enough for shield build to ignore the rocks.

Ugh I was talking about the yellow rocks tossed by the Golem which deal physical/trauma damage. For Anasteria sure there are many other factors outside of aether resistance.

Eh? He shouldnt even feel them with 6k armor and 40%+ phyz resist.

I didn’t say that, I said that these rocks scare the shit out of my vitality ritualist while I can facetank Anasteria easily, as oppossed to his build.