[1.0.2.1]Ravenous Earth Ritualist Ultimate Ravager, Lokarr and 150 ex.spawn Challenger Crucible Down

I need to boot up the game and change a bunch of things, that is apparently out of date. I dropped assasin’s mark devo for the reason you mentioned, although originally I got pretty consistent crits about 50% of the time between Markovian Adv/Fighting Spirit and Deadly Aim at max ranks. I took points out of FS and DA to pump up Military Conditioning and Vigor to have enough health to not get instagibbed by Ana. …and she was literally the only enemy (in crucible, anyway. I’ve been trying to get a stable crucible build before I start trying the super bosses) I needed it for. And it still wasn’t always enough. With the exception of certain enemies like the heralds or reanimators/dominators the majority of damage comes from retribution procs/targas hammer/trample. At this point cadence probably is better than MA though, and I can switch those points over too. I just really kind of liked the DA reduction, and since most of the damage is procs having them hit more consistently is kind of break even with better cadence.

I have zero need of physical resist however, and both myrmidon and changing rings would significantly unbalance the build. I have 100/100 block chance/block reduction, with 100% uptime on overguard thanks to neck and shield CDR (plus 12% armor from the 2 piece, not terribly critical but it amused me) giving me 5k armor and 11k shield damage block (not counting 80% or so uptime on Shield Wall). 5 piece Markovian can sort of sometimes get 100% uptime on overguard as well, but Markovian’s Bulwark is a terrible shield to try to build around. 990 damage blocked ptuii. Between Overguard, Menhir’s Bastion, and Seal (Stone Form is almost entirely just because I was already there for the block chance) most AOEs can barely wiggle my health bar, either. Ana is almost literally the only problem.

I have been reconsidering 100% block chance but…eh. Anything that takes block chance below 100 tends to start it cascading down to like 70%, like I drop the rings or whatever, I lose a few percent of block chance and block time reduction, switch myrmidons to cover the block time and it’s already down to like 80%. That sounds like plenty, but it means a 1 in 5 chance of RNG going PLLLPHT at some point when getting pounded on by a screen full of champion mobs and nemesiseseses. It’s also a 20% reduction in my main damage, which is the block procs. Y’know? Eh.

I was, however, under the impression that overcapping didn’t affect Ana’s RR, and it cut your shown resist in half regardless, so 80% becomes 40% regardless of overcap. Not sure why I thought that, but if it’s not true I can try that.

Also, I need to find, or check my stash, for a non-mythical Markovian’s Stratagem. another Retribution proc>35% weapon damage on MA.

Long story short, I like the IDEA of retaliation builds, but not how retaliation works in this game, and this is kind of the less-effective but more interesting (to me) version. Has the bonus of, since shields block projectiles as well, working on 95% of the mobs in the game instead of retaliations 80% or so. Also it really is super hilarious to have Zan shotgun you and soak it all proccing like 7 Targa’s Hammers.

Well sonofa…okay, fine, overcapping works. How long have I been so wrong…sigh. Now all I need to do is find a happy medium. Dropped dire bear and bull for empyrion to have room to do it, and ended up 70% over, but even with dropping a bit of overcapped block chance from ring augments, and a bit of armor, and shield damage block to get a bit more OA and DA I ended up with waaay slower kill times. A bit under 5k armor bit under 11k shield damage block, health wiggles a bit but not too dangerous. Also switched seal of blades for might. Think I regret that, but it gave me room to switch more augments around. the 1k dps from seal of blades probably isn’t the biggest loss to damage, and the 5% ADCH did help prevent health wiggling, but the cumulative losses are more the issue, I think. Only did 100 to 110. Ana at 105 was a cakewalk, but fabius hid in his corner until everyone else was dead on 110 then took 3+ minutes to die. Had managed to beat the timer until then, but it was definitely feeling slower even before that.

Also did have a non-mythic Markovian Stratagem. The loss of around 15 flat physical probably didn’t help, but the extra proc…argh.

ETA: occurs to me that with ana resolved I could easily sell back down to 13k health and use the fighting spirit/Deadly Aim loop again to have higher burst damage 50% of the time. But damage output was significantly lower than it was even after I got rid of that. hrrm.

There is some hope, with H&S from recent years like Victor Vran, Leap of Fate and the upcoming wolcen breaking the patern, but both are pretty Indie and with the three giants D3, PoE and GD dominating the market it propably wont happen soon indeed :smiley:

So I tried the build. I took Dark One’s Gift set (for 10% damage arsorbtion and +250% vitality), Mark of Divinity medal (to ecape some bullshit situations), Valguur’s off-hand, rest of gear to max resists. And 2 Scaled Hides of course specifically against heavy physical hits. Armor is 1500 (98% absorbtion), 2300 DA, 20k hp (28k is crucible). There is an option to take Riftstone component to greatly increase mobility.
I met Iron Maiden on wave 150 with Valdaran and Zantarinn, had zero problem. However, next try I died on wave 149 to bullshit boss combo. Probably needs blessing of Ulo.
Well, this still doesn’t feel as safe in crucible as tier 1 s&b tank (octavius forcewave tactician or aether death knight). But I believe it’s a great build nevertheless. With some practice clearing sucsess will be very high.

Vallenhael, you did a splendid job, thank you.

Doesn’t the resist reduction from black legion augment only apply through weapon damage? So how are you applying it?

As far as I am aware it is any damage. I definitely saw Ravenous Earth applying the broken armor symbol on enemies before, I am pretty sure that is Black Legion Augment. Might be wrong though

I’m 99% sure that it’s the same as chance to freeze/stun, reduced target damage, etc on weapons that only applies to weapon damage

@OP what devotion sequence did you use for this? I’m having a heck of a time getting it to work out on paper. I’m currently at 50 devotion points and don’t see the clear path to get the devotions you have. TIA

There was A LOT of shuffling involved, I needed to get hawk in between to get to lantern and then take hawk out again, if it is greens you are stuggling with, but I do not remember 100% the way i went

You can be 100% sure, that particular augment is wasted in this situation.

Survivability problems solved. Forget mark of divinity. Dark One’s Gift Set, 2 scaled hides and a shield with physical res - that’s the way to farm glatiator crucible with no sweat.

Also added this to my modest compilation of powerful AoM builds:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=566807

New question why do you use acid spray over elemental storm, elemental storm reduces resists by 32 over the 28 from acid spray, an extra 4 reduced resists

What? I am using neither, since they dont stack with foul eruption. Wrong thread?

Oh whoops yeah must’ve been looking at the wrong one

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Good to know, will exchance it for coven or ravager vitality dmg augment.

Managed to find this beauty:
https://gyazo.com/a0c829fb152259ad5746ca07f9dbce3d
Guess it’s time to start the build.

It’s weapon damage only. If you want to apply it, use Bone Harvest.

Anasteria has the most powerful RESISTANCE REDUCTION among all enemies in Crucible. She can reduce your resistances by ~50 (maybe even more), so if you arent ridiculously overcapped, you WILL suffer.

To beat Anasteria, you should run Crucible of the Sands, because it gives you a lot of time before she’ll actually reach you. You should kill most other enemies first (all trash mobs, heroes, even some bosses, maybe except Salazar). Anasteria herself doesnt deal so much damage (especially if you have overcapped Aether resist and use consumable from Malmouth resistance). But her resistance reduction makes all other enemies hit like trucks, and decimate you.

filling out a few of the started devotions allows you to remove a few others… it let’s you keep the same devotionskill and leaves 4 more points

Not sure if it’s worth it but it’s possible to do at least :slight_smile:

Edit: removed the quote, you’re right it wasn’t too late :wink:

Edit 2: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2d7qKGN this one has used the 4 points to get twin fangs (had one point in green before). Saved the original one as well in case someone wants the 4 points to something else.

@ .113 LOL Did you have to quote the whole thread to say 3 lines? :confused:

@ Vallenhael BUILD QUESTION: I’m levelling a necro using maxed Raise Skellies and I’m torn between turning him into the build in this thread or the Apostate build here:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62107

If I went for this thread’s build, (a) at least there’s a write-up! and (b) If it’s HC viable then it sounds like I could play the build from the start instead of levelling with pets.

How did you prioritise your skills when levelling it, especially before RE becomes good?