[1.0.3.0] Zeus's Lawn Chair - A Storm Totem Elementalist

Stats with savagery+auras only. With procs this build can push: 3.1k+ OA, 3k+ DA, 3.8K armor outside crucible. In crucible I can push almost 4k eOA, 3k+ DA, and 4k armor.

Have you ever wanted to beat crucible without having to move? Kiting bosses can be such a pain, all the running in circles and what not. This is Zeus’s Lawn Chair, a build centered around solo gladiator crucible 100-150. This build can ALSO solo most bosses. by most I mean that I have ADHD and get bored kiting ravager after 2 minutes. This build should be able to kill every single boss in the game. Ravager(and mog?) may need to be kited but those are the only two that should.

Pros:[ul]
[li]High Survivability[/li]
[li]Good Damage[/li]
[li]Max Runspeed[/li]
[li]Over 3K armor[/li]
[li]Caster(can kite every boss you can’t facetank.)[/li]
[li]Zapp zapp[/li]
[li]Overcap most resists[/li]
[li]~30 min glad cruc(100-150)[/li]
[/ul]
Cons:[ul]
[li]Ravager is boring to kite[/li]
[li]Crane[/li]
[li]spirit req is nutty[/li]
[li]getting a good OA can be difficult[/li]
[li]if you level as storm totem and not primal strike you’re going to have a bad time[/li]
[/ul]

Grimtools: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYz5Le2
Grimtools(poor/new/kidpid/crane-less edition):http://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28n9KpZ
A note on gear; The “correct” version of this build’s gear is based around crane. It’s worth over 70 spirit alone. Getting both the 1077 physique and the 724 spirit required is difficult, but rewarding. The only required MI to run this build /at all/ is an incorruptible ring with some vitality resist. The 2nd ring is pierce / stun resist. Ideally you run 2 MI rings. Fit some OA and DA in. Pretty great pants are really REALY bad. Their terrify that causes mobs to run is nothing short of obnoxious. The “bad” gear section is a formality. If you want to run the MI version with crane you need: Incorruptible ring, and Pants that are “Of arcane winds” so you can equip the Groble sky effigy. Although no suffix / affix are taken(you just need the base item) This build functions much, much better if both are AT LEAST “of torrents.” The MIs I have taken in the first link are A. Best in slot / best possible, B. Rare. Especially the weapons. Ideally you roll your conduit with ~40% chaos resist and Armor%. Stun resist works too.

Main abilities(Active, Aura, Passive):

Storm Totem: 26/16. Bread and butter. you should have 5 of these up at all times.
Storm Shard: Granted. More aoe lightning damage goodness. Keep these up too.
Wendigo Totem: 15/12. Healing. Can’t be bothered to hit things and leech my hp back, rather make a totem do it for me.
Savagery: 1/12. Taken for “Tenacity of the Boar(12/12)” aka free DA and OA.
Wind Devils: 1/12, Raging tempest 12/12, Maelstrom 15/12. Wind devil its self isn’t great. Take RT up to 12 for that juicy ele resist strip. Maelstrom does nice damage(aoe too!).
Thermite Mine: 11/16. More resist strip.
Flashbang: 12/12. reduces target’s DA. This translates to about 260 effective OA for us.
Black Water Cocktail: 1/12. (Modifier taken) used for the modifier to reduce boss damage.
Stun Jax: 26/16. These are a nice stun, but mostly used as a high damage shotgun against bosses.

Stormcaller’s Pact: 20/12. I’d max this if I could. Crit damage, huge lightning damage, electrocute damage.
Mogdrogden’s Pact: 8/12, Heart 10/10, Oak 8/10. One of the best defensive auras in the game; hands down.
Flame Touched: 17/12, Temper 9/12. OA, Armor, and some damage
Vindictive Flame: 11/16. Total speed. GOTTA RUN FAST.
Stormcaller Aura: Relic. Lots of damage.
Arcane Resonance:Seal of resonance. resistance to a bunch of things; mainly stun.
Electrifying Weapons: Hell’s Bane ammo. More damage.

Blast Shield: 14/12. huge amount of damage reduction.
Ancestral Ward: Seal of ancestry. Anastasia hits hard.
Golemborn: Golemborn greaves. Being a caster that can proc over 4k armor is dirty.
Divine Light: Mark of divinity. I fell asleep in my chair.

Devotions:
Ultos(Storm totem) is the most important. Resist shred and lots of aoe damage.
Elemental Storm(Wind Devil) more resist shred
Arcane Bomb(Storm Shard) resist shred, damage
Wayward Soul(Stormcaller’s Pact) Heal and DA. hitting 3k DA makes us nigh untouchable.

Other notable constellations:
Crane: My gear setup is based around crane’s 10% spirit reduction to weapon requirements
Everything else taken is a balance of offense / defense / the best choice to get to the above constellations.

Leveling: Use primal strike, take thundering strikes(the modifier.) ez.
Devotion Leveling Guide:[ul]
[li]+green crossroads(1)[/li]
[li]+pts quill(5)[/li]
[li]-green crossroads(4)[/li]
[li]+hawk(7)[/li]
[li]+purple crossroads(8)[/li]
[li]+crown{ele storm}(13)[/li]
[li]+Chariot{wayward soul}(20)[/li]
[li]+Blue crossroads(21)[/li]
[li]+Eel(24)[/li]
[li]-Blue crossroads(23)[/li]
[li]+Sailor’s Guide(27)[/li]
[li]+Jackal(30)[/li]
[li]+Pink Crossroads(31)[/li]
[li]+Ultos(36)[/li]
[li]+Widow{Arcane Bomb}(42)[/li]
[li]+Oklaine’s Lantern(47)[/li]
[li]+Solemn Watcher(52)[/li]
[li]+Crane(55)**Crane can be taken before this if you want to use a spirit offhand; I don’t recommend switching off primal strike until at least ultimate.[/ul][/li]
Thanks to Kidpid, Xervous for build ideas and helping me figure some stuff out. This build is orginally kidpid’s, I optimized and modified it to what you see here.(for example I figured out crane is optimal) I also have the stupid rare MIs so I can actually test some of this stuff. Credit to forge10 for the name idea.
Edit;Formatting. Added devotion leveling guide.

Reserved in case I want it.

Seems pretty interesting, you got any videos of it in action?

How viable is this as a first character?

if I have time i’ll upload a video of 140-150 glad extra spawn cruc, no buffs.

Very. just level using the ability primal strike.

So its capable of glad cruci extra spawn no buffs?
If you have done it I ll take your word, can you lets us know approx clear time?

Yes it’s doable, in fact it’s pretty easy. Clear time is fast, but not the fastest.

Thank you man, waiting your video whenever you can!

It’ll come as soon as I stop being lazy.

I noticed the devotion map seems to not follow a strict path. Do you have any recommendations for how to traverse the Devotions? Like what color Crossroads first, and when is it a good idea to remove a crossroad using Aether Crystals?

It seems like the proper two paths are Green and Blue, maxing out a 1 Affinity Requirement constellation, then immediately refunding the Crossroad, using the Red Crossroad and the Purple Crossroad to supplant later constellations that offer special stars at the end.

I will say what I normally do is just stay as close to what is listed as possible and when it comes time to requiring certain points, you can just fill out a random 3-5 point devotion just to meet the requirements and when you get to a devotion that is listed that offers the same points or 2 with half of the required each, you can then respec out of that quick 3-5 devotion to continue the suggested devotions.

oh man I knew I forgot something. I’ll add that to my leveling guide. Sorry!

Ideally you get ultos Asap but that can be annoying given that it requires 6 chaos among the other reqs. If you want to follow my build guide that means Chariot, Cross, and Jackal, if you want to stray Vulture + Crossroads at a minimum. Again; I wouldn’t level at this build. It can level fairly quickly but not as quickly as primal strike. Primal strike would run kraken among other things.

Would something like this help for primal strike leveling? http://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrlg7O2

in the form of devitoions

What would you say does your build have over this build? http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63586
just trying to find a good lightning build.

more armor, OA, base lightning damage. Better defence. my build is harder to gear. The devotion setup you listed is fine but I would run melee primal strike.(no hydra)

With a first glance, the build you linked has 500% less lightning dmg and 500% less electrocute dmg modifiers, so overall less dmg.
Also the build of this thread has more modifiers on Storm Totems which allows it to lay down more totems over time = more dmg
Also some extra dmg on Stun Jacks from gloves, but thats not so major as the above.

it’s actually even worse than that because I have more active storm totems.