[1.0.3.1] 2h Bone Harvest vit Death Knight build

This is my 2h DK with focus on vit damage and a side of aether. Due to the drops I was getting and the lack of ones I wanted, I finally just went with what I had. The build is as simple as one gets really. Bone Harvest on LMB and Blitz on RMB, along with 2 active skills Mark of Torment for bosses and Krieg’s Wrath for aoe debuff and softening. That’s pretty much it. Rely on passives and procs/devotions for added debuffs and damage. The bonus from the medal in particular turns necrotic edge into a crazy aoe wps. That medal along with the amulet are the two things that really help this build work. There are quite a few “hit me!” procs so being in melee is a blast with all the procs and life steal going on. Facetanked the whole game outside of Lokarr, haven’t figured him out yet.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28nxzLZ

At first I was hesitant to use Kriegs in this setup, but now I love it. The skill point investment to make Bone Harvest work along with the other skills I wanted left me with no other active skill to use, which is where Kriegs set bonus comes in. 5 sec cooldown aoe with nice damage and resist debuff for no skill point investment is really nice.

I can’t make up my mind on Targo vs Ghoul and often switch the two. Ghoul is nice but its so rare I even hit 45% health I find its better just to put targo on blitz and have extra mitigation.

Rattosh on Bone Harvest, Wendigos Mark on Kreigs. With the life leech -resist from rattosh I get all the sustain healing I need for almost all fights. Facetank pretty much everything, but stuff like lokarr I cant handle yet, debating on going ravenous earth and kite or change some devotions around, haven’t figured it out yet.

Anyway, just wanted to share a really fun build thats no stress and simple to play. Feedback always appreciated.

Updated link for changes I had to make to down Lokarr. Needed the stun and freeze resists. Really happy with results as this was first char I was able to down him with and it’s not a build I’ve seen before used. Anyway, happy hunting.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPzM8g2

Started this build. Really taking off for me at lvl 35. The Attack Damage to Health is finally starting to kick in.

Wondering if you can share your Devotion path. I feel like I’m wasting a lot of points trying to get to Wendigo and/or Rattosh.

Thanks!

I was just leveling a character doing almost the same thing. I had not made up my mind on Vitality vs Aether, however. I’ve also been playing with Ravenous Earth and Siphon Souls.

I ended up scrapping the original build. Turned my first dk into a 2h cold bone harvest one using soulrend, which was a marked improvement over the first build. Made a second dk, dual wield mindwarps aether Krieg´s build that was far better then then my previous builds and my first that could reliably farm crucible and lokarr. Had planned to make another dk going back to vit focus using dark ones set but haven’t got to it yet as I’ve been leveling a special battlemage build I came up with.

I assume that with the DW setup, you picked up Cadence as well?