[1.0.3.2] Cold/Lighting Trozan Druid

Hello every body this build featuring trozan sky shards and mythical epic set Eastern Oath.

Since this is my first time i posting something like this and english isnt my native language there will be probably few grammar errors so just ignore them.

To the build.

Grimtools
: Click

Why eastern oath over trozan set ?

Both sets have nice proc where i feel that eastern oath is better since it is proced every second with 100 % chance which result in more damage trozan however is stronger nuke that also reduce enemy DA also with 100% chance to proc.With eastern oath it is much easier to cap Shattered Star and that is where the damage is for this skill.

Resist reduction

Wind devil - -45% elementanal resist (-35% from 12/12 and -10% from trozan hat)
Arcane bomb - -35% lighting resist (main damage type)
Elemental storm - 32 elemetal resisistance reduction
Hand of ultos - 25% Elemental resist reduction.
Seal of corruption - -8 lighting resistance

Equipment

Weapon-Trozan Starkeeper - no contender here trozan starkeeper is simply best with extra projectile and flat damage added,OA,damage.

Off-hand-Farath Cube - Farath cube give us everything we need i tested also codex of eternal storms as well but i feel that item isnt really good skill is weak good only for procing devotions.Rolderathis tome is good but getting something like sandstorm of fallen skies is nearly impossible in like 200-300 runs i am yet to see sand storm or fallen skies just stick with cube.

Chest-Mythical Eastern Robe - Both eastern and trozan are good but since eastern give little bit of physical resist we really need i stick with that.Trozan however give us freeze resist but simply use hoarfrost if needed.

Legs-Eastern Legguards - o need for fancy green here since pants are really good

Shoulders-Stonehide ascendant pauldrons of vitality - only reason i dont use trozan.Ascenant pauldrons give us +3 to Shatterd star and can come with really great defensively options and is fairly easy to get one since last chapter is filled with enemys that drop them.

Hands-Eastern handguard - simply best in slot for trozan build +4 to troan sky shard as well as OA and some resist are to good.

Feets-Stonehide intrepid boots of kings - this is tricky one most feets are bad and we usually go shiny green here this build is no different.Stonehide of something is must to cap resists

Ring1-Alagast stormgem - Alagast ring let us cap poison boost OA and let us max shattered star

Ring2-Starfire - I just love this ring the proc,OA some resist and the skills it boost would like to have two but then need to find +1 to shattered star somewhere else.

Amulet-Starfury emerald - CAn we ask more simply fantastic item for trozan builds shame i cant test whisper of arcane secrets with trozan bonus since i dont have bp.

Medal-Mark of divinity - No brainer markis best medal for most builds.

Relic-Citadel - i tested few relics eye of storm,eternity,necrosis, but nothing can compensate for tankynes we get from citadel especially if you get DA bonus on completion.

IF you own 4 pieces of mythical iskandra set you can use chest,off hand, helm and pauldrons to get these +2 to arcanist skill as well as much needed physical resist.I wanted to make this build newbie as possible thats why we use blue items.

Build Mechanic

Always be on the move and nuke everything with sky shards start with chain lighting to proc Hand of ultos and aether coruption to spread elemental storm proced with trozan for bosses and heroes wind devil to lower their resist even more and back on nuking with trozan.

You have lot of freeze cc but lot of heroes and strong enemys are immune to it most that cant be frozen can be stooped wth grasping wines Hulks included.

Conclusion

It is strong build that can kill anything expect ravager probably.Ddint tested it in crucible because dont own it yet but planing to buy in recent weeks and we will see.

I also currently testing mage hunter cold/lighting and aether trozan i feel it have more potential than druid.

Trozan set really could use buff i feel that set is weak if you compare it with some other sets in game obviously it was made for druid but dont give much defensive options and class really struggle with that since we dont have way to reduce their damage( mirror dont last that long )it proc on item is cool but thats it about it some slots are simply better.

Some videos incoming in next few weeks dont have time to post them now

Feel free to ask any questions.

Reserved for later

Guide gonna be more polished in next few days since i dont have time at the moment so i put rough guide

Agreed about Trozan’s set, its weak. Fact people are using a blue set over it for the same build is sad.

I’ve wanted to make a Trozan cold/lightning druid for ages with unused constellations like blizzard to spray the screen with cold death from the skies but I know the fantasy is ruined by the reality, That i will just be weak and squishy, whats the point? = Huge buffs necessary. I made a thread in the ideas forum on some small things to be done about it. mostly defensive with boosts to flat health, DA, phy resist also a 2-3 second reduction in fallen comets cooldown and an increase in flat OA.

Add insult to injury, Trozan’s is the only set I’ve managed to nearly complete lol… (missing shoulders) I have many spare pieces yet none of most sets! :furious:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAv63DZ - my alteration, time dilation + eternity + some page 3 def buffs. Using similar gear.

I have a conventional TSS Druid - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQ9GDvN
I’d probably switch gloves for eastern and medal for MoD, just don’t have the gloves yet.
I’d say it’s biggest issue is that it’s hard to apply all RR to a target you want. Recent Wind Devil debuff nerf definitely didn’t help. So, you rarely see full potential of that 5 shards. But I find it rather viable.
Someone will definitely come and tell that Time Dilation is a must and will probably be right. I think TD + Eternity can make mirror half up. MoD should cover the odds.
Will have to try it on my own.

I lost my callidors mage hunter, RIP. So I thought I would make TSS build and really bring down the skies. The +1 projectile to the amulet and to Trozans sceptor is pretty cool (pun intended). :smiley: I’ve done the druid route, and its heavily supported, but mage hunter looks like a solid combo as well. Not sure which way to go.

I also thought about dual wielding the sceptors to get a total of +3 to TSS. Bringing down 6 projectiles/ cast, but not having the cool down reduction from the off-hand is a huge loss.

This brought me to 2 big questions.

1. Why does the mythical starfuy amulet not have any CDR or minus CD to TSS? It’s clearly the BIS for TSS, but yet…

2. Why does Eternity require a caster off-hand? That pretty much completely negates my fantasy of raining down 6TSS / cast. I don’t think shadow strike would be too OP with this if that is the concern, but I don’t really know where shadow strike is at these days.

PLEASE change Eternity. Remove the off-hand requirement. Unless I’m missing something? Dual wielding already gives up devastation.

Thoughts?

1. Why does Eternity require a caster off-hand? That pretty much completely negates my fantasy of raining down 6TSS / cast. I don’t think shadow strike would be too OP with this if that is the concern, but I don’t really know where shadow strike is at these days.

You can use Beronath relic that work with dual-wield just like Ethernity.

Does anyone know where to farm Eastern Legugards?