[1.0.3.2] Fire purifier - Ignaffar/BWC caster - Solo Gladiator crucible, all nemesis

I present you my take on Flames of Ignaffar

Videos

100-150 Glad cruci: https://youtu.be/_GF1BmiVxT0

130-150 Glad cruci: https://youtu.be/YoNtgvoVBPQ

Unfortunately i didn’t record run with maiden + fabius in final wave, build was able to facetank them both almost entire fight.

Pros and Cons

Pros
-Good aoe
-No energy issues whatsoever
-Decent resist reduction
-2 circuit breakers
-Heretics burn from your mere presence
-Doesn’t require any set, can work with different items

Cons
-Not a outstanding dmg against high fire res targets(Im looking at you Iron Blitzer)
-Placing thermite mines beneath some enemies can be tricky

Character Stats

With constant auras and Word of Renewal

Gear

Grimtools

Build is very flexible in gear department because we don’t have any dedicated set that support fire Flame of Ignaffar. Yes you might say that there 3 pieces of Ignaffar armor(hands, chest and legs), but they outside of + to FoI kinda bad, resists are joke, every item have like 30% chaos res and nothing else(hands also have 50% fire res) i don’t really now what reason behind this decision because inquisitor have innate chaos res in face of Word of Renewal.
We can use pretty much anything, our goal is to get FoI to 26/16, also it is nice to have BWC at 22/12 too. Fortunately we have plenty of items that give such bonuses like Incendiary Casque, Incendiary Shoulderplates, Ugdenbog Flamestrife, Zarthuzellan’s Codex, Iron Maiden’s Mantle, Benn’Jahr’s Shoulderguards. With an exception of nemesis shoulders other items are easy to get.

Leveling guide

I recommend start new char in crucible if you have it, just go here and die on first wave to get level 2 and pick inq mastery and Storm box.After that just do first 10 waves to get tributes which you can spend on devotion points from one of merchants in crucible do it for first 5 or 10 devotion points after that this gets too expensive. At level 7 drop storm box and equip Searing Ember ( at level 15 upgrade it to Flintcore Bolts). When i was levleing this char i rushed inq mastery to 50 to get aura of censure. With combination of Aura and Greater fireblast i was able to easy and fast clear Veteran. At around level 40-50 this combination starts to fall off, this is time where you should respec into ranged firestrike which will carry you all the way into ultimate, then depending on your items you can start to build around FoI/BWC.

Some crucible tips

You cant just faceroll everything that you see, while build is sturdy your life depends on your knowledge.

Notable enemies:

Anasteria. Watch out for her barrage of aether missiles, they strip your resistances, also if you dont have any circuit breakers better wait and only then engage her.

Mad Queen. Watch out for her red aura while its active she spews tonns of deadly projectiles , you can facetank her with seal + blast shield tho, but better use burn dmg and kite her.

Iron Maiden. Our most hated nemesis, not only because she deals crap tonn of phys dmg, but also cause of her high fire res. You can facetank her, just manage your heals.

In closing

Build was very fun to play and relatively easy to gear, but i wish that crate give us dedicated set to fire FoI caster.

Good luck and have fun

Reserved just in case

Just so we’re clear your build guide’s writeup is pointless w/o a GT link. Even Veterans can only guess what you’ve done with the build if a GT link doesn’t exist:p

EDIT:

Pfft, thanks to the two posters below me I can find the damn thing. Great work, I’m beginning to think most of you crucible farmers are masochists who simply love Maiden’s chain stuns

It’s work in progress i think. He has Gt title

and guess what the GT title is even clickable :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

you play too much guys :wink:

lol, Gt has made things so easy now we are too lazy

The amount of noob questions on a long perfectly detailed guide that probably takes up hours to type up is equal to the number of questions we’d get on a short guide with little text and one GT link

So detailed guides especially for non-pet builds are pointless imo

Anywho forgot to say, congrats on the good build.:wink: I know how much balance you need to tank maiden in crucible as I have a similar build but Mage Hunter. mirror doesn’t help much it’s at 1 pt cause it;s have low CD. So either you can tank or not.

Grats mate, nice build :blush:

That looks very much like fanatical purifier I was doing at the start of AoM. Last thing I did to it is overcapping endless flame. Not only it improves energy management but chance to fumble attacks goes from 1/4 as at 12/12 to 1/3. Grimtools site is not loading for me atm :confused:

edit: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MMj7l2 grimtools is back

With Ugdenbog flamestrife you can also get rid of Ignaffar pants and use some green which makes overcapping resists simpler.

Eh, you don’t need firestrike for leveling, all you need is BWC and agonizing flames. Best plan is to grab BWC with high potency, items with +BWC (molten walkers, incendiary shoulders etc) and throw it into mobs. Works from ~level 10 to level 100.

Oh btw, nice build. :slight_smile:

Kinda forgot to say this since you choose to hide Grimtools in plain sight :rolleyes:

I just tried to achieve minimal green item usage my build, so that’s reason why i choose this setup.

Sure, but still flamestrife is easy to obtain and it is worth it. Myth warpfire is better for burning DOT with duration and debuff, but has that lingering 100 aether damage you’re not really using in the %weapon damage component. Flamestrife is full fire damage and replaces that with 1,5K fire (out of 6-7K, per tick). This is also the damage you leech life from with adcth.

Hey guys! Im not that confident in my own capability to set up “New” Build.

But i worked on a Ignaffar Build since i first layed eyes on the skill. With the few changes from 1.0.5.0 i finally made my own take on a Ignaffar Build.

Just to notice bit later that there is allrdy a Build pretty simalar so instead of posting somethinge maybe to close i decided to just post her and maybe get some opinions.

My take on Ignaffar was allways that i sucked that it splits it self into Fire and Lightning damage/Dots. Ofc its possible to push both Damage-% on same values but it allways made me sad to do so(and i also allways felt way to easy to kill wearing mage clothes with a skill that needs you to stand still).

So i just “Beronath’ed” it :stuck_out_tongue:
Took some Devotions i seen fit and use a Combination of Greens(can be replaced mostly i guess) and Octavius 2 Parts, Mageslayer Hood and Ignaffar Gauntlets.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlk9LR2

so far it can clear Crucible 100-150 with no big sweats(2 Blessings).

Maybe you guys find some flaw in it or have some ideas to shift around, looking forward to it.