[1.0.3.2] The Great Deceiver (no MI, dw, cdr, 30min gladiator)

[i]Infestation
Apathy spreads like the plague
Worldwide regression
As our lives are spent wasting away

The Great Deceiver “Poisoned Chalice”[/i]

WARNING! This build is very old, it was made in 2017, in the times when deceivers were exotic. If you’re looking for strong up-to-date builds (including deceivers) check my main thread.

I’ve seen an opinion of the forums that well-known Inquisitor Creed knows suspiciously too much about chaos, ch’thonic rituals, the Void, etc. So he is very likely to be a Deceiver!
That made me wonder how he would save Cairn on his own. Let’s find out by playing a Deceiver ourselves!

I must thank THT and his apostate build, which has given me the inspiration.

>>>Grimtools link<<<

With Blood of Dreeg and Word of Renewal buffs up, Standing in Inquisitor Seal

Introduction:

This build is a vitality hybrid melee caster. Tha main idea is to use a lot of nukes together with Aeon’s Hourglass devotion, which will reset the cooldowns of them. We take double Decree of Malmouth weapons to convert all elemental into vitality and gain additional 30% vitality RR. To use double weapons we use Mythical Direwolf Crest medal.
Where do we get these “nukes”? They come from components (and relic): Blessed steel component, Scourge relic. Oleron’s blood and Riftstone will also be ok until you have these. Note that these skills use damage of both weapons, that’s why they are so good.

Playstyle:

You engage and throw everything you’ve got into monsters’ snouts, it’s as simple as that. In harsh enviroment such as crucible be sure to stay in inquisitor seals, they mitigate tons of damage and allow you to survive even incredibly nasty stuff like double Iron Maiden+Fabius.
Sigil of consumption actually increases our survivability greatly because it is very consistent, while our lifesteal is spikey simply due to the “nuke” nature of our skills.
Rune of Hagarrad, modified by amulet to be pure vitality is an incredible damage source. Will 4 extra projectiles from Chillsurge it hits like a nuclear bomb.

Fun fact:

Playing this build I actually caught myself thinking that crucible monsters are not aggressive enough! Seriously, we kill any nemesis super fast, aggressive hordes too, but in the end of a wave we spend too much time chasing and finishing off single monsters. If they were not such pussies clear times could be considerably faster.

Recommendations:

I would not recommend this build as your first one in Grim dawn. It is strong, not hard to play, clears hardest end-game stuff (gladiator crucible) reliably, does not require some super hard to find well-rolled green MI items, but I must admit that there are builds that can do all the same and perform better. Check my compilatition of powerful builds (I’d recommend s&b witchblade, death knight or battlemage).

Leveling:

You are probably better off leveling as an inquisitor with typical inquisitor stuff like Word of Pain, Storm box and Flames of Ignaffar. Take support spells Curse of Frailty with Vulnerability and Blood of Dreeg in Occultist and Word of Renewal and Inquisitor seal in Inquisitor. In devotions take the RR devotion for the damage type you’ve chosen, for example Widow for lightning damage, Rhowan’s Crown for any elemental damage.
If anyone knows a good way to level write it in the comments.

Farming items:

Unlike most legendaries that drop randomly Decree of Malmouth drops from a specific boss: Dreven Cole. His is located in Chamber of the High Council in Crown Hill. The entrance is sealed with “aetherial presense”, to enter you have to reach Horored status with Malmouth Resistanse faction and take the side quest from Korinia. There are a lvl65 version and lvl94 version. With double lvl65 you can already respec into full vitality build. The weapon has about 5% chance to drop, so be prepared for dozens of boss runs.
Dark One’s Gift set drops from “Rift-Claimed Adherent”. They are arcanists like bloodsworn who are found in the secret area which leads to a secret boss. I’ll put the info under spoiler:

First, you have to unlock the Lokarr secret quest. Google it. Then, on the secret path to him, in the Edge of Reality, there are 4 these arcanists, “Rift-Claimed Adherent”, and each of them drops different part of the set.

In conclusion:

The world keeps turning
Turning faster day by day

Crucible guide:

The hardest game content by far is gladiator crucible. It is also very rewarding: for 100-150 waves of gladiator crucuble you get 8 legendaries and other stuff (including rare MI items). This takes around 30-32 min for this build. And how much legendaries do you farm in the campagn in 30 min? One or two if lucky.

I want to stress 2 bosses in crucible who can tear ANY build in 1 second if you don’t know the tactics.
Rashalga the Mad Queen
Appears on wave 147. When she glows red (like 50% of the time) she has her ridiculous aura on, which amplifies her damage like 10 times IF you use any projectile-based skills. Even tanks can be blown into pieces. So you either kite or don’t use any skills/devotions with projectiles.
Zantarinn
He is very weak, but has a mindblowing charging attack. When he raises his weapon and starts glowing red your have 2 seconds to get your ass out before you will be inevitably one-shot. Damage is insane because it is a shotgun attack. Watch out!
And here is a great Crucible guide done by Drizzto (in the end of the build):

Also you can check out my compilation of Powerful builds of AoM era:

Reserved for later

Heh, i remember when SS was nerfed to the ground cause it was “Oupie” in hands of Coldbreackers. Now its almost the same as “free” skillz from gear and stuff.

Absolutely nothing to nerf here, all fair and square here!

This build is crazy and weird, I like it!

The scepter is insanely hard to get atm according to a few players feedback (and my own experience too). I wanted to make something similar, but by Empyrion’s Light I swear the damn thing just won’t drop.

0.5% сhanse to drop >> You can spend whole week looking for them and drop two with awfull rolls>>

Holy shit, someone must have misplaced a dot there by accident, this is sadistic

First build with dual Decree of Malmouth, nice to see.

Dual Decree of Malmouth plus Conduit of Runic Whispers with special affix.

Happy farming. :rolleyes:

Happy GDstashing

“No MIs Build” with 6 MIs

I haven’t seen such a sad build since Ulzuin’s respec.

Thanks! Enjoy!

I saw a guy of the forum, who claimed he got it on his 3d try. Everybody in that thread replied they hate him :smiley:

No, must give credit to THT with his Apostate. I mentioned him in my initial post.

Hey, I’m not the one who prints a million items for soldiers and nothing for wacky stuff like deceivers, apostates and defilers.
I’m working with what I have.
It works fine without the amulet and even without Rune of Hagarrad. You just max out Solael’s witchfire and Destruction. Sure, it is a 20-25% damage loss and clear times would be +5 minutes. But totally viable.

Shame on you!

People loathe green MIs because of their inhuman chances to roll good. No green MIs here. Legendary MIs are very good - you know exactly where to farm them. Take Krieg set for example.

Thank you, sir, I’m very happy with all the fat loot I got from you with this build :smiley:

Nice build!

Nothing to nerf here… including # legendaries in crucible.

Can you tell me about Ulzuin’s betrayal?

what are you killing “super fast” with in this build? it’s certainly not scourge lol. is it Rune of Harg.??

He had a nice support build with lots of heals and buffs but then he said he wants to be the carry. I watched his sad performance for a few aeons and then told him that he can’t carry anymore. Low ELO trash :furious:

If it actually fucking drops I’ll say more people would happily build around it. So far not many have gotten it and I’d say Zhuugus was extremely fucking lucky (not as lucky as one of the praets who claimed to get it on the first fucking run)

I wanted to do Pure Vitality Scourge Strike Cabalist like this. Didn’t think of picking Deceiver, a good build and a good concept. But have you tried Cabalist or Conjurer by any chance?

Grats on the build

Also @Ptirodaktill, Scourge Strike has been like that since vanilla. I am not sure why you think it needs a nerf. It’s fine the way it is tbh

You haven’t used Scourge Strike have you?

And Haggard is a good single target skill indeed but Scourge Strike is an excellent skill

Aside the low dropchance on the weapon…

More lucky then owner of Stonehide/Thunderstruck boots/pants of Kings?? :stuck_out_tongue: