[1.0.3.2] The Railgun: 2h Rifle Vindicator. Fumble! Deflect! Fumble! Deflect! Lightning Bolt!

I’m surprised the Pierce res made such a big difference, for MQ I can somewhat get it but Lokarr doesn’t do that much Pierce except for the conversion on the weapon he spawns with.

Are you sure you didn’t change something else as well that could’ve helped?
Glad it’s working for you now though.

For Crucible I’d cap Storm Box and bind Hand of Ultos to it, it’s indispensable to have a secondary source of damage that is unaffected by the ever-present ranged fumble or even some easy rounds can take like 1 minute each or get you killed.
Storm Box is also good because it adds AoE and slow to your arsenal.

And if you’re doing 150+ on Glad you should switch to Aura of Conviction for the PDR.

As for your build, the gloves are the obvious outlier, I assume you’re using those as a stopgap.
Ultos set is also squishier than LD set and it gives a lot fewer skill points as well (+2 shaman compared to +2 to both classes from LD helm and Beronath amulet).

I would leave Wendigo Totem and Seal and their links at 1 base point each because you can’t tank 3-4 Nemeses at once whether you have them capped or not, and then put the points to max Word of Renewal line instead (1st and 2nd need to be maxed, 3rd should be 10/10).

Thanks for the advice. I just like Ultos because it gives considerably more raw damage (more conversion, OA/DA). I decided that I would not be bothering making this build Gladiator viable, because even with full LD set and sick MI’s it’s still gonna be among “doable with lucky spawns” builds and it would be inferior to Crucible specialized builds.

Like if you take your Vindicator and give him Skybreach Bulwark and Ugdenbog Stormstrife and respec into Totem caster his Crucible performance will skyrocket and leave any ranged rifler far behind.

This build is great for campaign, maximum walking speed with good cc-res, sick single target damage, great against all nemeses, so I think it’s better leave it at that.

^I think so too.
Ironically this build is the one closest to beating Glad 170 of the 3-4 I’m currently playing, solely because it’s ranged and my others are non-tank melee ones. :eek:

I’m pretty sure build can do it reliably if some aspects of 160 and 170 were tweaked, such as Reaper/Kuba not moving so fast they can get ahead of you and cut off your path.

Full Gladiator 150-170 run a bit under 8m for 151-160, and under 12m for 161-170

160: Grava, Reaper, Zant
165: Reaper, Vald
170: Grava, Reaper, Vald, Zant

Not for the faint of heart.
Reaper is by far the worst for this build and I got him 3 times, but luckily it was somewhat offset by getting Zant and relatively easy mutators.
Played it very safe and didn’t facetank much even though you can tank more than I show in the video, but you really don’t want to get a random death due to -DA/RR since farming the 70 tribute back is just awful.

I’ve come to appreciate this build more and more since I refuse to make a meta one just to be able to beat 170, but this one isn’t a shield tank nor a DoT kiter but it can still do it if you have good kiting skills.

I also have a hybrid DW Reaper (yay, Nightblade) that can almost do 170 reliably but that one requires inhuman skills and better greens than I currently have.
Might post it when I have time and feel like it.

Nice guide, Weyu!

I started levelling 2h Vindicator build and have questions on Devotions setup. Do we really need additional Devotions for Heal and ADTCH for build tailored for campaign? Why not to take a Spear of the Heavens instead? I want to try something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j0xe4Z.

BTW, a good/interesting alternative for Ugdenbog Spakthrower, from my point of view, could be Will of Fate - it gives us 100% chance shot to pierce through enemies.

The first devotion build was chosen for max efficiency—there’s no real reason not to take Behemoth’s first 3 points if they are on the way for example.
And other stuff like 15% stun res for 1 pt or 40% light, 1-24 flat light damage for 2 points are all good value.

Of course if you wanted to you could do it, but I wouldn’t get Spear:it’s just not good value because of how much you have to sacrifice to get 20 blue.
If you want more damage and don’t care about defenses, I’d remove the points in Ghoul and put 4 pts. in Tempest.
And if you want to go even more glass after that, I’d remove Behemoth and the pt. in Empty Throne and get Panther.

If you find the WoF it’s a good alternative, I just listed some common options that are nearly impossible to miss in a normal playthrough.

I did some more testing with my 2h ranged Vindicator and came to the conclusion that this build should be optimised for damage and for fast Main Campaign clears. I can’t facetank Grava with it (and I doubt you can with your tankier version, although maybe with 21/12 seal you can), but I can kill him somewhat effeciently with kiting and working in bursts. Everything else in Campaign melts very very fast. So I think it’s best to make it “kill before you get killed” build rather than tanky jack of all trades. You probably think the same.

Build is definitely good for smashing campaign content with extra high DPS but I actually started liking it for Glad 170 too.
I didn’t like this build for 100-150 because there are so many sources of fumble which made it a chore to play. But in 170 there are seemingly fewer (Grava pools and that ~156 wave with Larria/Stone Basilisk come to mind) which makes it much more manageable.

Dunno about Grava since I haven’t run into him since new patch, I don’t think I lose much DPS while kiting though since he dies fast with WoR line and build has enough speed so a few back steps here and there don’t really matter.

Sorry to be annoying, but I would like to understand the reason to choose two healing devotions in the first build. Do we have situations (like cruel battles agains nemesis or bosses) where extra heal is needed/critical? We have already instatant heal from Word of Renewal, ADTCH from Ghoul + Feral Hunger, Wendigo totem and Chariot of Dead / Behemoth. What if we sacrifice one healing devotion to deal more damage, like this - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe14xQZ??

P.S: Did you try to invest 1 skill point in Upheaval and to test if it’s AoE is useful?

Thanks,
Strannik

Yeah, that build is fine and basically what I suggested in the quoted post.
Upheaval is useless because it doesn’t damage the main target, and this build already has so many WPS that it wouldn’t trigger often.

Weyu, thank you for your feedback!

I have a crazy idea on the build. What if we use empowered Will of Fate to clear effectively trash and switch to mythical Evoker of Elgoloth to fight against enemies like bosses and nemesis?

There’s also Vortex of Souls if you want to do that since WoF is really slow, VoS will do more damage even if it doesn’t have the right damage type.
Would probably work OK if you want to put the effort for the extra micro. I think Hell’s Bane Ammo turns off even if you got it on both weapons and switch between them, so you’re probably better off with Haunted Steel or something else.

In campaign this is not needed since the 150k+ damage before WPS shreds everything there anyway but for Crucible it could be interesting.

The Deadly Aim skill modifier from MEoE doesn’t show up when I click on the skill. But it shows up in grimtools… so is it bugged or am I missing something??

I’m curious why the random points into some devotions over taking, say, the Viper constellation to have even more resist reduction? Like take out the two points in Jackal, 1 point in Tempest so you get the 40% lightning dmg node, and also remove the 1 point in stolen throne and voila, you can get Viper.

Most if not all skill modifiers don’t show up in the in-game tooltips, I guess grimtools just lists them for convenience. Good idea for a new feature though. :slight_smile:

The build already has Hand of Ultos and Viper RR doesn’t stack with it.

This build got some solid buffs in 1.0.5.0. Between the removed Deflection, reduced Fumble duration, buffed Kraken/Aura of Censure and adjusted Crucible, its ease of use and effectiveness is at an all time high.

Added some new gameplay videos:

Gladiator 151-170
This build could already farm Glad 170 reliably in 1.0.4.1, but after the patch Crucible is much more lenient: you don’t feel like you have to be on your toes all the time, some Nemesis combos don’t feel brutally unfair as much as they used to be and facetanking feels a lot safer as well.

Clear times seem better too, this run was a bit under 16m for the entire thing.

Ancient Grove
Did a full clear of this, got a new recipe and saw some of the new MIs.
Dunno about the boss—I just tanked him and he died pretty fast, in retrospect I should’ve checked out his abilities more.

Hi Weyu. New player (<1 week) here. Build seems really solid.Will definitely start one in hc tonight. That being said I was looking at some of your grimtools, notably crucible #2.

Question: Why not sink a single point in skill passives like upheaval and maelstrom? These seem to bring quite a nice upgrade for a low investment.

Hey Weyu - really cool build. Couple of quick questions: how do you manage with only 3% PR? I tried switching one of my inquisitor builds to aura of censure because the % reduced damage sounded so good, but the loss of PR from conviction was a killer. also, i know you mention about the rings / medal, but would it be best to use a 2nd kelphat ring and a green medal instead? Most of the stats other than attack speed seem like a complete waste on the medal.

Might have to try this one as my 5th character… need a ranged auto attack build :slight_smile: Thanks for posting.