[1.0.4.0] An obvious Octavius build for reliable 150-170 farming, no MIs required

lol i just saw that you’re using ishtak too, i thought i was ahead of the curve

Truly like how you designed the devotion path~

well whatever works for you then:D

Cool build. I was theorycrafting something similar but I was worried about the low OA being a DPS killer in the endgame, glad to see yours works.

I have a little more offensive variation of Octavius build (I prefer tactician), which can do 150-170 glad and his OA jumps up to 4k with Cruicible buff
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9rqEnZ

More OA, little less RR, but Forcewave high Crit multiplier offers higher clear speed and up to 180k IT ticks due to low-average monster phys. res. However few AoM bosses,like Galakros, have insane 68% phys. resistance , so it is easily to drop timer in that waves:(

Its a lot less RR actually (2 rings + COF = -45% phys RR). However I think Inq’s high crit damage does make up for that and can actually outperform my build against mobs with low res :D, also constant RR = more consistent damage output.

Ah, so Witchblade with a shield and exactly 3 skills in Occultist mastery, never seen that before! :wink:

JK, good build, just being salty over new Crucible shoehorning players into two very boring build metas.

Good build. But why not pick Dildo of Vire?

I will have to give up two other tier 3 to get it, don’t think it’s worth the slightly better damage. Maybe if they tone crucible down in the future I’ll be more offensive but for now I’ll just stay alive ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Hey at least they are active skills, you must see the DK version.

I had the exact same thought. When we all think rationally we all come to the same conclusion I guess. Some differences between OP’s build and my theorycraft:

• 2 skill points spent for Fevered Rage for speeding up those situations where you don’t need all that defence
  • Ascendant-heavy, more offensive devotion setup with Vire, Hammers, and Trample. If you do the math, Trample is a really strong source of IT damage (for a devotion skill).
  • Strong investment in the Blade Arc line w/ Clean Sweep as another source of IT damage and for most effectively applying IT weapon damage.
  • Stronger investment in Shield Training
  • 80% Reflected Damage Reduction instead of 73%, on average
  • Consideration of the use of Mythical Bonesnap Gavel, which is actually stronger than Pummeler in terms of average IT damage. But it’s also really dangerous to use from a reflected damage point of view if that 10% chance procs on the wrong enemy…

It’s probably not going to be too time consuming to shop for a Stonefaced Mutant Bludgeon, which, even without a suffix, is already better than Pummeler.

• 80% Reflected Damage Reduction instead of 73%, on average - While dangerous in campaign reflective damage is almost non existent in crucible.

• Consideration of the use of Mythical Bonesnap Gavel, which is actually stronger than Pummeler in terms of average IT damage. There is just no way you can beat pummeler consistency with bonesnap due to the mods

Bonesnap looks interesting enough, I think it would be fun to use in campaign in 1v1 fight. In Crucible consistency is more important than occasional beautiful numbers though :smiley:
One of the reason I despite vendor farming is because of my shitty computer taking ages to load the game up, but ofc this is just me.
And I’m lazy as fuck too.

10% chance with a hypothetical but not so realistic 25% chance crit vs nemeses in crucible with defensive devotions.

That is a whopping 2.5% chance for a good candece crit, and i say cadence because i’m pretty sure that the number does not apply to shield, only main hand, so no FW bonus.

It also has no Attack speed making that 2.5% even worse.

Bonesnap is great with leveling for lack of a decent Mutant arm

Updated devotions. Removed stupid Crane and Dog, added Bull and Ulo. Lost about 1300HP but that doesn’t seem to make any difference anyway.

Any improvement in terms of timing for full 150-170 clear with the new devo?

A bit better DOT ticks thank to Bull, and you feel like a pro nullifying Valaxteria and shit.
Anyway I think it’s a good idea to take points from Blindside and relocate to Blade Arc, the ticks seem to be noticeably bigger that way.

About cleartime: Currently it takes a bit longer than half of blessing time with 2 buffs and Vanguard banner, no extra.

Just a quick question, what vendor sells the mutant bludgeons?
And where is he located
Ahh never mind lol steelcap district
Thank you

Steelcap District in Malmouth after you do most quests for Malmouth Resistance. It also requires Ashes of Malmouth DLC.

Been testing ring combos - my impressions:

• black math. + closed fist > back math + bladetwister - you get the same RR but you get huge regen + 30 Elemental resists

• Judicator set > the above - you get around 200 OA and DA over the above combo at the loss of 10 RR and small amount of % trauma dmg which is overly compensated by the huge OA gains. Not to mention the huge HP and Mana regen you get from both rings and set bonus…

I honestly hate my every character to end up with the Judicator set however since we lack in the OA department huge time i find this option more beneficial.

The judicator rings may give better QoL overall but this is inaccurate, 10% reduced resistance != -10% resistance. Nemeses only have 25% physical resistance on Ultimate, which means Judicator debuff only translates to about -6% RR, which means you’d lose -14% with both rings.
Although it’s pretty insignificant comparing to other RR sources I think it (and +200% trauma bonus) can hardly be compensated by the bonus OA. However if they do make you kill stuff faster then there’s no reason not to use them I guess, no matter how stupid and boring they are :stuck_out_tongue: