[1.0.4.0] An obvious Octavius build for reliable 150-170 farming, no MIs required

I like the setup with 4 Tier 3 constellations. I am also using these four for my Tactician build which make the char really tanky.

I also considered to give up 2 of the 4 constellations for Vire, the Stone Matron, but did not test it. However another option came to my mind. You can also trade 2 of the 4 constellations for Time Dilation to improve the uptime of the other two defensive tier 3 constellations. Could this also be viable or will I lose a lot of survivability?

Example Devotion Setup

Honestly I don’t know, it looks really interesting on paper though, with 20% CDR from items and Time Dilation we may reach near-permanent damage absorbtion procs :D. I’ll definitely try it out soon.

I’ll look forward for your results :wink:

But I think, it won’t be easy because you have to time the skill, which is bound to Time Dilation, properly. You should bind the constellation skill to an AoE skill to have a good chance to proc it, when you use the AoE skill with multiple monsters around. Blade Arc or Doomforce seem like a good choice for it in your build. However, it can be that you can’t use the skills that often, because you want to avoid triggering Time Dilation prematurely by accident.

Well, it seems like Death Knight + Octavius is almost the same… just minus health regeneration, poison & physical resistance.

And vastly less QoL due to lacking CoF
CoF>> Spectral Wrath in terms of QoL

isn’t it the other way around? You need to cast CoF all the time

With Death Knight I had an idea about a FW/Bone Harvest trauma build with Gladiator’s Distinction and Octavius’ 60% elemental to physical conversion. But then I realized I should just dump whatever points left to Blade Arc and call it a day :eek:

Bad phrasing

For melee builds CoF<Spectral Wrath
But for DoT builds, Casters and CDR builds CoF>> Spectral Wrath

Have you considered dropping rending force down to 1 point? The difference between rank 10 and rank 21 is pretty much 11% crit damage, for 11 skill points. Seems to me the points would be better spent on either Blindside and/or Laceration. With Blindside giving less trauma but more DA reduction while Laceration gives a large chunk of consistent trauma.

HA! Gladiator’s Distinction!

When I saw it I immediately craved to make a physical Cabalist with it. And I did! My first attempt failed miserably though.
However, I did a second try, building around converting vitality decay into internal trauma. This works!! Can even clear 100-150. However it is clearly weaker than a plain Soldier-based IT build, both in damage in survivability. Just shows how unmatched strongest classes are when they are supported by incredibly strong sets such as Octavius.

Hmm, Death knight with Dread/FW :slight_smile: I’d like to test this

I did try that, haven’t tested main campaign but in crucible clear time is pretty much the same. I think it’s really hard to get a noticeable improvement at this point though, will try some MC content next.

Btw added a full 150-170 run video, no extra and with Stonefaced Mutant Bludgeon of Alacrity. Took 12min, whoops, green weapon is good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMHrvXcWzNM&feature=youtu.be

Nice run (no sound?). This set is amzing. I tested an earthbound mutant Buldgeon too. That reach is very nice

Forgot to turn the volume up, I usually play with no in-game sound and youtube open. No Youtube today :eek:

Ok, had my comment doubled for some reason. Read next one.

To use dread you have to sacrifice 100 Acid res from witchblade and +1 skills from Reforged Chains of Oleron. And biggest damage source is still forcewave. Do you think it’s worth it?

The idea of my build was to make something non-conservative, soldierless :slight_smile:

12min! Amazing. Guess it’s that offensive rings + laceration.
Should try your setup and update.

i don’t want to forget, i’ve fallen in love with octavius since testing, i know it’s amazing (it had 18% shield CDR back then)

My dread idea was the only Way i could make sense of Grey knight shield, That + Gladiator belt

Grey Knight is cool, but Octavius set is just out of this world.

sshhh he might hear us, his name rhythmes with hentai.

OH MY GOD!
We’re in trouble, let’s delete all our posts until it’s too late! :smiley:

JK, with this logic I can delete my whole compilation thread.