[1.0.4.1] Beginner's ranged Tactician

It’s not like they are Thunderstruck of Featherstep.

One can either get Stoneplate with common affixes or generic boots with rare affixes. I chose the former.

People have a somewhat twisted perception of greens - from liberal usage of cheated ones to outright hate upon them. Double rare MIs are obviously rare but one can settle on more common affixes. E.g. my Beginner’s DK uses Kyba’s Chausses just because of DM bonus. Any affix would do.

Another quick question for you Dragon.
In the 2hander Devotion setup, we’re not picking up the Living Shadows skill because it sucks, or because we just don’t have any point to spare to actually pick it up?

Because it’s considered to be underpowered. Moreover it’s for pierce builds while this one is the mix of pierce and physical. Also I don’t really have skills left to use it efficiently. You can try binding it to Inquisitor Seal if you’re curious.

Hey Stupid Dragon, thanks for the great build and tips! I’m having a blast with it, am on level 50 but have a question I hope someone can answer.

What’s the advantage of respeccing from Oleron’s Rage to Aura of Conviction? To me it seems like it would be better to keep OR going and just build Inquisitor tree to level 40 to get Inquisitor Seal. Oleron’s Rage cranks phys, pierce and trauma damage, all key damage types in this build, but the focus on damage over time in Aura of Conviction seems redundant, and it only helps pierce damage. Is it purely for the physical resistance, or am I missing something? Cheers for any responses.

I have gone back read through the thread, including JoV’s, and it does seem it’s basically about the physical resistance. I still think the damage benefit of Oleron’s Rage outweighs that, but I’ve never actually played ultimate so maybe that’s where physical resistance is so important. Hoping this will be the first build I play ultimate in.

The flat Pierce damage from Aura of Conviction, together with its OA boost and Physical resists, clear winner for Exclusive skill on a Ranged tactician.

The build was written at the time when OR didn’t had flat internal trauma damage.

But I still think AoConviction suits this build more later in the game. The build focuses on phys and pierce, trauma damage is treated as just an extra.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it! Level 60 now and still carving up with OR maxed. Without much legendary gear, using a few rares with ‘of supremacy’ or ‘of ruin’ which do complement the build so trauma is boosted quite a bit, but hopefully I’ll find some more that increase pierce.

I’m not sure AoConviction is a clear winner with OR having flat trauma damage as well as %OA boost, so I might see how far I can go with focus on OR. I’ll probably find the benefits of AoConviction later in the game as you said. That’s the beauty of the game though, so many possibilities.

which one is better? I am curious. I feel like 1 handed gun is not as good as 2 handed gun…

The DW and 2H setups in this guide are more or less similar in performance. I levelled with DW and then had been switching between the two.

I guess it’s common to say that levelling with cadence is a pain in the @ss and most of the time, kiting is a must because the build doesn’t provide any protection so for newbies who have never played arpg, it may be hard to play. The damage isn’t high enough to 1 shot mobs. Aoe damage is lacking early game but after first 30 lvl, things will be ok :smiley: love it :smiley:

I think it’s better to use transmuted forcewave to lvl up until lvl 30ish then go back to the normal build. must faster and more fun early gameplay :smiley:

I maxed Ranged Expertise early so I didn’t quite had that problem of lacking damage to oneshot mobs.

And as early as that protection is an issue of timely updating your gear, not the class.

Hey there Stupid Dragon - Currently really enjoying your 2H Elementalist build guide and just started on this one as well.

Curious if you ever got around to testing Bursting/Chilling/Storm Rounds and what the results were. You mentioned it a long time ago, but I couldn’t find any mention afterwards of what came of it.

I don’t have an explanation for this, to be honest. I thought I won’t have enough skillpoints, but just noticed that I have +3 to inquisitor, so even one-pointers become 4/10. I’ll give it a try.[/QUOTE]

With my current perception of the game I’d definitely invest a point into each of them.

Hi, Dragon.

I’m new in the game, only just soldiered to level 30, currently picking a build, trying to figure out how everything works, so pardon me if the question is stupid.

As far as I can see from the sheet, practically all the damage here is Physical. But you are picking Harpy constellation, why is it useful for this build? Do the piercing/cold damage nodes help at all? Could Owl be used for the 5 affinity (which I assume is what we want from the Harpy)?

Thanks in advance.

The build became a bit outdated since they changed Havoc into phys gun, while the build was supposed to be phys/pierce, with a bigger focus on pierce.

I see, thanks! Are there up-to-date beginner-friendly tactician builds that you could recommend? Or maybe there are some simple tweaks to this one that would work?

If it has to be tactician then going the 2H variant shown in the second post is still an option.

If i am not using Word of Pain in my rotation, Is there a better investment for those 5 points? im still leveling currently 84

Warcry, Break Morale and Terrify.