[1.0.4.1]Crusader - Physical Tactician- Gladiator 150-170 Facetank

You pretty much do it like any Soldier (skills and devotions for starting included):

Blitz is Fantastic for AOE and face smashing both early and late game. My advice early game put around 5 levels max in Cadence, 1 fighting form, slowly max Deadly momentum (very important), max blitz slowly Blitz (+1 Blindside for AOE), and then start maxing Bulwark. Put Falcon Swoop on Blitz (51% chance and hit’s 2x) early and then Assassin’s mark on Cadence. You will destroy content.

From this you work towards whatever you like. In campaign you can be more aggressive and go for oleron. You should go straight to Rhowan’s Scepter anyway. You can also take Hawk early for more OA and worry about crucible later. Main campaign doesn’t need such defense

new player here…now i have a stupid question: how do I get there (Rhowan’s Scepter) in the most effective way?

Welcome,

You yill have to get Assassin’s Blade, Lion(buy back yellow crossroads) and hammer. After buying rhowan you can buy back, lion and hammer. Don’t worry about it too much at the start of the game. Better to rush Flacon and bind it to blitz and then assassin’s blade, hawk for more OA to activate assassin’s mark with cadence, and then worry about rhowan

thanks mate! btw matters what fraction I will choose? maybe for a nice weapon or something? ty again, nice build.

I came up with pretty much the same build and asked why not use inquisitor over occultist in the reasonably powerful builds thread and people there were convinced witchblade was superior due to CoF mainly.
Defence wise this should be better but I dont think deadly aim and some flat phys will give you the same damage as CoF and BoD.

I tested WB and aside from that fact that damage is not that much improved it annoys the hell out of me to cast CoF and warcry all the time. I posted this build to show a full face tank build, which WB cannot do. But if I were to tweak some offense to sacrifice full face tank ability for DPS it could have even better kill times.

Here’s to hoping people get ofer CoF fetish for phys builds :smiley: I know that is why i posted Mark commando in the first place

Did they fix ZT, Whirling Death and Shears animation so that they don’t become DPS loss?

Belgo is a sure thing now imo. Can’t speak for the rest

Okay.

For your devotion setup, going -wraith -hammer -crossroads blue +eel +wolverine should be an improvement.

4% DA and some minor stats and neither wraith nor hammer give you anything important.

I’d also take hound and another point in Ishtak over compass but I guess that is up to personal taste.

If I am to make an offensive devo i drop ishtak anyway and go oleron:) It would look quite different

Welcome to the Main Campaign. Where Oleron still works like a charm on Physical S&B

Yews, the extra dots, AoE and slow is nice if you aren’t stubborn for full face tank like i did:) Then again, the build might lose it’s advertised ability. I’ll test after 0.5.0 changes

That’s just to improve the current (defensive) setup with a nice extra amount of DA that costs basically nothing though.

Btw, there is no way giving up Compass is a good idea in crucilbe. The slow res and phys res are amazing for a T1 devo.

As for personal taste, no person who posts builds expects players to follow by the letter. It’s what i personally found to be better at that time. But things change,the game changes(things were nerfed since then), and will change again with 0.5.0 etc. Then I might update this guy with a grim tool after testing. Not video though, too much work and there are other builds I care about and want to update, or new ones to post

Giving this a bump to ask how you deal with energy? Got mine to level 100 and she goes thru potions like a drunken sailor…

EDIT: Looks like I may be OK. Found I had a Rylok Crest with energy regen on it

i don’t remember having problems in crucible. i did have ulzu pact though

Hi Superfluff, thanks for the guide.

Do you have any recommendations for leveling gear at around level 50? Also, what should I be investing in once I have maxed Menhir’s Bulwark?

Impressive! i don’t like phys builds, but this is really a good one!

At level 50 your aim should be to level ASAP

Switch from Menhir’s Bulwark to Oleron’s Rage for quick leveling.
Gear should provide you with some resists and HP. Whatever yellow, green. Even stuff you find at the faction vendor or common vendor would do the trick

Just rush to 70 and you’d have much more gearing options and other stuff unlocked for you

P.S

-Check the bounty table to see if there are any bounties available in the area you would be visiting as a part of a quest

-Always pick bounties for monsters whose spawn locations you are aware of. If you end up picking up a bounty for a random hero then you’d end up wasting a lot of time for little to no reward

Hm? I’ve never done that aside for leveling a FW shield build for the octavius set. Could work. I’d have just rushed Deadly aim provided break morale is maxed, which it should