[1.0.4.1]Defiance of DW BMs - How to do it all, Ravager and no buffs and banners gladiator 170

Ah, the mythical 4k trench :smiley:

I haven’t been quite active in this community until recently. But I’ve been aware that you are one of the most influential BDers.

Wish you all the best in life!

is ishtak+LoE+ToL+3 point OoM an option? Super defensive.

Leg options for MI slots?

Also quick leveling guide? I can’t believe after all my time playing this game I haven’t once played a DW blademaster. Also after hundreds of aspirant w150 chest runs I still don’t have a single piece of Warborn…

You obviously have never played the God-Tier game Candy Crush, mad reflexes mandatory. Let’s not forget it’s retarded…err I mean intellectual cousin Clash of Clans

I am guessing you got Ishtak + LoE+ ToL idea from all the Gladiator threads using the devotion setup. It is an option sure but why go for it when the old classic setup is working.
Also you the point of ToL + Ishtak + LoE is to add defense to the build. He already has 4k DA and anymore would be overkill which is why Oleron has been picked

Sealed Fate is the only proc that can compete with “of Readiness” suffix

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dwo31N

Boots can be crafted at any smith

Leveling tips
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56243

Jov, it is cool build as always.

I feel sad knowing you leave us. I don’t want to say “goodbye” - it seems wrong. “Never say never”, so I would like to say “Do svidanyia” or may be even “Do skorogo svidanyia”. :smiley:

P.S: Wait a second! You have great blademaster builds based on pierce and physic damage types, but did you really try all possible amazing variants?

I was not able to find any mention on pierce & bleed blademaster builds from your posts (or did I miss it?). I need your help and wisdom. I have an old blademaster concept focused on pierce damage with bleeding: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyv8BeN. After AoM release and latest changes I was confused and had no idea on the further build development. On the first glance you can think that it is something weird and Meh like. But believe me - it’s not true. People from our communty once experimented with it (in vanilla Game) changed their minds. I have a little hope that it can make you interested in and you get a fire in your heart for further/new experiments. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Strannik

Sad to see such a good build creator go, on the same wavelengths as jajaja or Drizzto, you are one of the best build creators I’ve seen. Good luck with whatever you go on to next JoV and perhaps you’ll return one day with more :stuck_out_tongue: Great build as always.

warborn bm zzzzz

Sad to see you go sir it was always a pleasure discussing builds with you <3

Thank you all for kind words :slight_smile:

First few days w/o GD in what seams to be ages were hard but I managed to resist temptation :smiley:

Few short answers on asked questions:

1. Devotions - You could go even more defensive route but that would hardly bee of any significance, even tankines vise, because of common BM rule: faster you kill safer you are. Staking more defenses on the cost of offense would just gimp the build.

2. Energy issues - Regardless of low energy regen, in main game and cruci you dont have any energy issues with this build, only thing you will need to do is to pop energy tonic from time to time, energy leach do wonderful job in most situations. Stating that, energy issues when fighting Ravager are due to his extremely high energy leach resistance that makes him energy unleachable.

back already? :rolleyes:

guys is there a way to test all 3 ravagers in one build. I am confused since guide mentions all the Ravager stuff like you can change him anytime? I am stuck with the blue one. btw am loving this build so far.

Before summoning Ravager, he made 3 copies of his save file and renamed the 2 chars (using GDStash I presume, idk if you can just rename the folder directly). Now he has 3 chars with the same build, each can then choose a different ravager. In your case, there’s no coming back aside from making a new character. Even 3rd party tools can’t roll back quests, IIRC.

Hey, JoV, since you mentioned challenge. Was this all with hardcore?

Screenshot in the OP post shows is softcore.

Is Ravager immune to Life Steal ? I reach up to 35-40% with my druid, with elixirs, and i steal no life from him…

Tinkered around a bit and came up with this devotion setup:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZora5BV

Allows me to use Oleron and Light of Empyrion which should give me more flat damage than the crab. More resistances as well with this setup.
The last point can be put into the Light of Empyrion proc (not sure how good this is here), the last Oleron node for extra internal trauma (not sure how good this is either) or some extra armor from Vire.

Opinions?

Can you make a video of killing Ravager of Souls showing all items, skills and devos at start of video please ? After 1 min he always kills me…constant war cry and bb…same items 99% (not of readiness all)

Just thought I would mention that in the original post you included a link to a more defensive devo setup? Upon checking it seems it’s exactly the same as the offensive one…

No as a matter of fact he has pretty low LL resistance iirc only 35%, you should check at monster database.

No, Im not playing GD any more and much less making videos, but you can make one and I will tell you where you are mistaking.

My best guess, reading you two posts, is that you probably stand in fumble AoE trying to hit him and thus (since you are missing 100%) not getting any life back while he is hammering you to death.

Idk, I dont see any specific gain from that devo setup: you got +40% to phys, lost +40% to IT, instead of 15 flat you got 14-28 flat, gained aether and chaos overcap but lost some lightning overcap and HP (if you want to compensate on HP you will have to take down that chaos and aether overcap).
Most importantly you lost crabs barrier, some DA and CC resistances from sailor and you need that a loot.
When all considered imho you just gimped build defensibly w/o significant offensive gain.
Extra IT from olerons head node is equal to 25 flat dmg so its extremely potent.

In this build I offender just one devo setup, imho is defensive enough and anything more than that would be gimping the build. Secondary setup presented is Ravager dedicated setup with extra armor and HP, neglecting resistances from damage types Ravager of minds dont use.

Just thought of a nice optimisation:

Replace Ugdenbog Leather on helm with Prismatic Diamond. To make up for the reduced poison resist, replace one of the Survivor’s Ingenuity with Sylvarria’s Essence.

You gain:

• 18 flat elemental damage converted to physical
  • some vitality resist
  • some energy absorption
  • Prismatic Rage skill
  • 1% OA

You lose:

• some bleeding resist
  • 30 DA
  • 2% DA

This seems like a solid trade-off to me. DA should still be high enough.

I tried that way (used it on DW WB and on this build in beginning) and offensively its a great boon but couldn’t reliably finish no buffs and banners cruci with that setup. My bleed and poison overcap was to low that way and since DoTs are your biggest enemy and crabs barrier dont protect you from either of that dmg type its to tricky, also iirc 100 DA that you lose is really potent.
To give you better picture about that I will just say that in one iteration I even tested dryad to be better protected from bleed and poison dots but gave it a way eventually for more HP from Targo and Olerons head/Obelisk armor node.
Ofc, for main campaign purposes and maybe even for crucible with buffs and banners I completely agree, its more than solid trade-off.

Hey JoV just wanted to thank you for checking in on this thread. You mentioned you were moving on, what game are you currently playing if you don’t mind my asking?