[1.0.4.1] MINES EVERYWHERE! - Fire Runebinder Purifier Crucible 170 Exploder

It won’t stack.

Where is the nerf?:smiley: Cruci monster OA was toned down

Was referring to runebinder damage mods. Though it’s minor.

The Runebinder Set: replaced Pierce damage bonus with Elemental damage
Runebinder’s Hat: reduced Fire damage bonus for Rune of Kalastor to 90
Runebinder’s Gem: reduced Cold damage bonus for Rune of Hagarrad to 90

Ah yes. Sry.

1.0.5.0 Update:

Crucible was nerfed but so is this build. Topaz rework decreased DA by about 30 but it doesn’t matter with the OA nerfs in crucible. Runebinder skill mods for both runes were decreased from 125 to 90 (crate still balancing around full set, considering 5 pc bonus got buffed). Clearspeed felt slower as a result of nerfs but I definitely feel more comfortable tanking. No change in 160 and 170, though. It’s still a kitefest.

Note that I only cleared crucible once (18 min) after patch and it’s on the legion where I expect clearspeed to be slowest, even with thenrecent change to the arena. Not gonna play more cruc for the meantime. Excited to do Gargabol runs.

So, no changes to the build for now. Censure might warrant a test with the recent buff but I doubt I will like it. The damage reduction doesn’t stack with BWC and I lose valuable phys res.

So I gave in and bankrupted my purifier to make this build. So first of all very nice build, very fun and flashy :slight_smile: I do like the title there are literally mines everywhere with this build.
I tried the build with both auras. First I played with aura of conviction and then tried aura of censure using your defensive set up. Don’t know how all the numbers add up, but I felt I killed a little bit faster with aura of censure. As for survivability, for me they were about the same since I am a terrible kiter. I know that censure does not stack with BWC but surely it will affect all the mobs that are not currently being hit by BWC and decrease their elemental resistance? Also does censure not have 5% more RR than BWC so in theory 5% more RR on all mobs?
Either way it is really fun and enjoy the 2 rune concept, nice change from the gun based purifiers.

Thanks! Good to hear that censure works fine. It will surely do more damage cause RR. Conviction does have OA, though for more crits so I don’t know how small the difference is.

By the way, did you test censure on crucible? The only reason I’m not changing is really just the physical resist. I’m worried about maiden cause she doesn’t die easily (98% base fire res) and she’s got strong trauma dots.

On censure and bwc rr: they both stack cause bwc has flat RR while censure has the stackable type.

Yeah I tested them both in crucible 150 - 170. In a group situation it did not matter which one I picked. I do die randomly because i am not the best kiter. But i completed 170 crucible solo with aura of censure with 2 blessings and one stonewall banner in the middle of crucible of the deep. Had iron maiden on level 160 and managed to facetank her and reaper without any problems. My playstyle is not elegant in that i run laps around crucible of the deep and just drop runes and mines as i go until people stop chasing me. Sharzul and Maiden both died pretty quickly despite the high fire resistance.

Glad to know that! Kiting and rune placement is just a matter of practice so I’m sure you’ll get better. Guess I’m all aboard the censure train too!

can you give me some advises for lvling up with purifier?=)

There are a lot of ways of levelling a purifier. I personally did it as gunslinger. Get 1 in fire strike, max Explosive strike, rush and max brimstone then max fire strike. Start getting inq and then get bursting round to 5 or 6 pts then rush censure. . After that start getting the remaining skills as you see fit.

If you wanna go runes from the start then get hagarrad and chillsurge as high as possible (without compromising ebergy usage) then max censure. You can get kalastor after that. Just put 1 pt and max ignition. With this way you focus on cold instead of fire till you get 2 warpfires.

Note thay this build absolutely needs you to have 2 warpfires (mythical or not doesn’t matter. We only want the conversion) and the medal. So if you don’t have those and still want to do an fire caster purifier, I recommend blingi’s build (link below). You can then switch to this build after you get the required items. All the other items seen in my grimtools aren’t required aside from the weapons and medal.

blingi’s build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68718

Also for endgame, I already changed to censure like everyone else. Was stubborn about changing at first but censure just made my life easier. Clear time doesn’t really improve that much (1-2 mins in favor of censure) but the last waves is easier using censure. Will be updating OP grimtools if i have time.

ok, ill try, thx)

Best pure Rune build so far on the forums to my knowledge. Doesn’t even have a rival.

cough cough

“Exploder” in the title seem sexual to anyone else, or is it just me?:eek:

Any reasons to invest in Kalastor instead of Ignition? Would https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWqnDeN this perform better?
And skill from Olreon blood boost Burning dmg a lot.

How can this build not have a rival if my other build is also best? Honestly, that one is waaaaaaaaay better than this.

“Exploder” in the title seem sexual to anyone else, or is it just me?:eek:

Everything is sexual if you think about it hard enough

That’s similar to my offensive setup. Wasn’t reliable for me back in 1.0.4.1 but should be reliable now with 1.0.5.0 changes. Will be even better post 1.0.6.0.

Kalastor main skill can be good but I just didn’t like that it had more base phys than fire, so I maxed ignition instead and with bonus burns. Also, I don’t think burn wd is that high to use Olerons blood. Just my personal choices.

Hi there

Which other build of yours are you referring to that is waaaaay better than this one, I am interested in looking it up.

Thnx
Gogga

Nothing, really. T’was a joke referring to The Grim Creeper’s self-proclaimed “best builds”

This is my only rune build but I have another runebinder build that focuses on Runic Bolts (the skill given by the weapon) instead of runes. You might wanna check that out. It can also be any inquisitor class, so you have a lot of options. Check 2nd post of that thread for classes other than tactician.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69745

UPDATED 1.0.6.0 MOAR DPS MOAR CLEARSPEED around 10:30 min clear now.

Also added videos of cruci run. have fun with the runes!

Belgo Relic + Mark of Divinity could be worth trying (lose +skills and a bit of RR but gain good cdr and MaoD) but I’m too lazy for that atm.

Anyway, Is there any way to resize that very big pic in the OP? Or do I have to resize it myself before uploading?

Bumping because this defo deserves it.

Quick question - how IS rune of kalastor? Is it worth building around?

Yes it is. You can play dual rune with great effect too. 4pc Rbinder Tactician with Obsidian shield and andreos amplifier. Kalastor is far more consistent vs mobs tahn haggarad.

Also they both have 1.4 sec CD which is insane