[1.0.4.1]My Little Doomguy - pierce based Valdun

When I try this build, he fires rapidly with his rifle, thus I gave my character nickname as Doomguy with Shotgun. Maybe it could be false. but at least looking fun though.

I checked Sfzrx’s post (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68072&highlight=valdun) and modified some aspect as my preferences.

There are few things I like to mention.

1.Valdun is not god tier.

2.Mad Queen is possible, but I failed terribly at Lokarr (I am terrible).

3.Do not mention Hardcore. I have a faint of heart (I am wimpy).

4.I am South Korean, thus my Engrish is not the native language. Sorry for bad grammar.

Here goes my GD tool link.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4wdERZ

:mad: you might say “Where is poison resist?”

Mogdrogen’s Ardor with Poison resists bonus (GD tool does not have completion bonus feature yet). it covers some resist. mine was 24%

Here goes my thoughts.

1. Doom vs Mogdrogen’s Ardor
    Doom has sweet features too. but I personally prefer Mogdrgen’s Ardor, because of completion bonus (I crafted twice, got resists only), increased Health and BOTH skill bonus. It also has a buff which increases total speed as well.

2. All physique?
    Personally, if you hate to invest in physique, it is cool. You can invest in Cunning to pull serious damages and Offensive Ability. I use Myth. Chausses of Barbaros, it may need some physiques. If you totally want to focus on Cunning, aim for different pants like Really Great Pants.

3. Shoulder
    It has some options. If you have really good Iron Maiden Shoulderguard, you can. However, I don’t. Thus I have to choose between Myth. Warborn Pauldrons and Myth. Bounty Hunter’s Shoulderguard. Simply put, Myth. Bounty Hunter’s Shoulderguard has better DPS wise than Warborn, but Myth Warborn Pauldrons has good max Health with Aether resist. It is entirely up to you.

4. Gloves
    I used to rely on Myth. Grasp of Unchained Might, because of Oleron Rage. Yet I was curious is Myth. Quickdraw Gloves better? Thus I crafted few times. That gloves has much dps with some neat Inquisitor skills. It could be biased, yet I leave that choice to you.

5. Belts
    Myth. Pack of Treacherous Means might be better option because of poison resist, pierce damage and so on. I do not have that recipe and prefer Myth. Reforged Chains of Oleron more. Equip the belt as you see fit.

6. Rifle Augments
    Coven and Barrowholm have pierce augments. Coven comes with an elemental resist (20%) meanwhile Barrowholm has more Health bonus (550). I chose Barrowholm because I prefer more health than resist. If you are picky on resistances, choose Coven’s augment.

7. Why Full Set?
    True, I admit, some Cadence with that default attack skill may not sound nice for the full set bonus. I spent some on Grim Dawn Tool which piece I can replace… but I cannot. Except for that amulet, each piece gives you a bonus for pierce damages if you use two-handed Rifle. If you really want 3 pieces, try to replace amulet, which I cannot guarantee fully.

8. Boots
    Stonehide Stoneplate sounds good, you may consider Merciless prefix, because not only it adds pierce damage, but also increases your elemental and poison resist. Subfix… I cannot think which would be better though. I didn’t have much luck with Stoneplate boots sadly. If you cannot get Stoneplate boots yet, you may consider Myth. Windshear Greaves too as poor man’s choice.

9. Rings
    That’s the hard part for myself. The first ring is the Bladetwister Ring, which is no brainer because of pierce resist debuff. Another ring… which is much harder. I used Myth. Blackwatch Seal first, later I got another ring with Vampiric Vine Ring of Alacrity. That ring is not bad though. but personally I need Dread Lord Cronley Seal of Shadows, which could be better. Yet sadly Cronley really hates to give me what I want… Q.Q

10. Full resist vs some gapped resist
    You can cap every resist to max if you modify some area. First is that rifle’s augment (Coven’s augment) with elemental resist and second is putting tainted heart instead of Seal of Annihilation. but I cannot give up Seal of Annihilation yet for attack speed with debuff…

11. How to fight
    Cast Pain of Word to decrease an enemy’s pierce resist and shoot it until it dies (seriously!). You can use the fragmented round to clear lesser enemies. You can also use Arcane Seal to protect/buff yourself if you face serious enemies.

12. Devotion
    Devotion could be improved but my Korean dude called Akdong gave me feedback about my character’s Devotion already. I used to rely on Tortise yet Akdong recommended me to choose Ghoul for better Life steal. About Unknown Soldier, I do not like Living Shadow, thus I didn’t put on it. If you really want to use Living Shadow, you may have to change this devotion.

13. Conclusion
    Not fully capped resist, yet some dps with all physique. I like my build, yet not perfect and could use serious improvement still. Here goes the youtube link to killing Mad Queen and failed attempts at Lokarr.

Special Thanks to Korean GD Community in Naver, Akdong (Devotion), Brayan (for giving me full Valdun Set), Gato (helping me with the gloves) and Consarada (giving me Unchained Might gloves).

I already posted on Korean GD Community first. it is not much different from this one. I forgot (or being lazy) to put level up guide in here.

http://cafe.naver.com/immortalthrone/53494

Great concept:D

I like the damage and attack speed.

Also

“1.Valdun is not god tier.” - I wonder. Looks like it has lots of potential

it has potential but… considering some OP builds, it is not that great.

Which is better between Oleron’s Rage and Aura of Conviction?

Aura of Conviction has Flat Pierce + Flat OA, also Physical Resist

I forgot to mention that in this post while I did mention about them in Korean GD Community.

Personally, I prefer Oleron’s Rage than Aura of Conviction because of it also boost pierce damage and offensive ability as well. Aura of Conviction is not bad, but Oleron’s Rage could go offensive way to fight enemies. Choose as you like.

Well I see
Aura of Conviction actually has %Pierce Damage too
But Oleron’s Rage % Pierce boosting is more than Aura of Conviction
Flat Pierce Damage and Physical Res on Aura of Conviction make it up

Here I tried to take Aura of Conviction based on your Grimtools above
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28aAXqV

Aura of Conviction seems more Defensive route

Both have OA. Conviction also has 15% phys res which is impressive

But it’s a pierce set

at least it’s not melee:D

based on your opinions, I think i gonna give a shot to Aura of Conviction. I was having salty meal (darn i put too much salts)

true. I did this pierce set for fun. XD

Both of you :smiley:

I think if JoV reads your comments he will smile also :smiley:

Yeah, Aura of Conviction is Better
Physical Resist is too good if you bypassing it

after i invest on Aura of Conviction, it slightly lowered OA and its cadence damage, yet I got more physical resistance. I gonna pick a fight with Lokarr soon. but first farming some stuffs.

i gave up on Lokarr… I can only damage 1/4 of his health. not enough dps or my defense. meh. :furious:

Just good advice - don’t upload pics more then 1100 pixels in width.

sorry about that Q.Q

uh… just asking… should i delete my pics?

Resize them in an editing software like good ol’ MS Paint, reupload them and replace the IMG links :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks bruh. i will do that asap

is this okay?