[1.0.4.1] Stormseer CT Sorcerer

Introduction

I made this character back in 2017 as an experiment in making a beginner-friendly CT Sorcerer, and the experiment was concluded in first days of january 2018. It failed miserably. Despite a fairly unique situation – being able to push the main skill to max ultimate level with just faction gear, Callidor’s Tempest just scales badly and requires quite special items to shine. If you’re interested in what I ended up with at the time – here’s a GT link.

So, I wanted to somehow utilize the character I had already brought to level 100. Problem is, it’s a Sorc. I don’t have items for glorious triple/quadruple/quintuple/sextuple meteor/devastation setup, and I’m also not a big fan of BWC, Grenado, AAR and other. Pretty much the same dilemmae as mad lee was going through a little while ago, which ended up in him posting his Wrath of Callidor Sorc, which is an aether Sorc based on Agrivix set. I find aether CT setup anti-synergetic to Sorc, so I discarded this idea and tried another approach.

Build

[u]Current Setup[/u]

The cornerstone of the build is Mythical Stormseer Sapphire, which turns CT into a fire/lightning skill. I also make use of Mythical Herald of Blazing Ends and Cindertouch, which are the direct support to this build.

This is ofcourse far from BiS setup and there’s plenty of things I would like to improve but can’t due to lack of items:

• Using Mythical Ulzuin’s Headguard instead of Iskandra’s for extra fire/lightning RR
  • Using Mythical Ulzuin’s Shoulderguard instead of faction item
  • Using a better medal, probably Mythical Mark of Anathema (depends on if extra flat damage to CT is converted to lightning or not; it should according to my understanding, but who knows)

[b][u]Theorycrafted BiS setup candidate[/b][/u]

Questionable stuff:

• Mythical Tome of Names is an attempt to compensate for lack of Widow as compared to pure Aether CT setup. But I have suspicions that Mythical Codex of Agrivix would still be better. The disheartening thing about Tome of Names is that it’s proc seems to be single target, and it has a cooldown of 3 seconds.
  • Ignaffar’s Combustion – same reason. Good old Eternity might still be better. Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm was used before Ignaffar’s Combustion.

Videos

Steps of Torment

Conclusion
This build falls firmly in exotic/partially supported build category, so you shouldn’t expect much. As far as CT builds typically go it turned out to be not bad. Probably won’t be good in the Crucible due to lackluster defense (not aether → no ez Hourglass → no cdr reset of Mirror/Blast Shield) and probably will have some issues with top content in the campaign as well. But it’s quite spectacular to play due to all the procs, and personally I love the concept more than other well-known ways to play the Sorc.

I welcome any suggestions as long as they are reasonable.

Reserved

Build a.k.a CT Apostate. :rolleyes: :smiley:

Nice to see more your beginner’s builds :slight_smile:

Nah, this one isn’t really.

More like an attempt to imitate ArchHeretic’s builds :smiley:

Personally I find Mythical Maw of Despair best in slot helmet for CT builds. As I love the 6% Life Steal it adds to CT.

Added video - Steps of Torment run

Hey, man, your theorycrafted bis setup is not very demandable in terms of gear. Do you lack gear to test, because I can lend you/craft you most of this stuff (I think)?

Thanks lee, but that won’t do I’m afraid. I play hardcore (as far as I know you play softcore) and I prefer to get gear on my own without resorting to trading.