[1.0.4.1]The Spellscourge - CDR Phys Devastation, Stormfire, Flame Torrent/SotH - Content Destroyer

Had no mana issues personally.

I can’t imagine beronath doing relevant dmg. It’s 1h, you can’t invest in IEE cause conversion messes things up, low attack speed and no AoE(fiend will proc bad cause of the afore mentioned). Can’t imagine this working out well at 170 crucible. I recommend chillspikes now. They shotgun and pierce through. Procs very good.

MA wps with 1h and 2h has very bad animation speed, combined with low attack speed…It won’t do well. I know the power of a concept that compels you to try a certain thing. It’s very hard to meet concept with practicality. I for one, after so much melee S&B I like the fact that this plays unconventionally. The weapon is actually the shield as a conduit not used directly and the component skill with fiend gives it structure

Edit: On the other hand I’d like to experiment with relics a bit. I love Argivix but Avenger, that i’ve used before in another build,and the new Deathstalker are both winking at me

A massive and long overdue change for this build in 0.6 with huge dps gains and afforadbility. Kill time is improved 2x. Changes, GT and other explanations in the guide and a new Video

Excerpt with the the changes:
Patch 0.6 Major changes to gear, devotion and gains explained. Kill time improved 2x

[i]- Took Hungering Void to greatly enhance Devastation with % crits. Gave up Jackal and revenant to do so but offset cast speed dps loss via squad tactics that has CS & % dmg. New ring also has CS

• Changed gear to be much more affordable and in doing so also gained a massive total of ~ 520% phys dmg

• To capitalize on the above build has Oleron’s rage instead of Star Pact. Bare with me. Devastation is a skill that thrives on %crit + OA due to it relying on many projectiles hitting the target to kill. Improving these stats exponentially empowers Devastation. A Single devastation wipes out a Nemesis now or a group of them at very low health (100-165K projectile crit in crucilbe and 75K in campaign). Even without Star Pact we get 2x Devastation chain and Mirror Semi-chain. REally no great loss. Oleron also has % phys dmg now.

• Deathstalker, an underrated star of the show. The build greatly benefits from -%Phys rr and deathstalker is so so reliable with the aura he has. I can’t recommend him enough, the difference in kill time is visible. He’s super tough. May die at 156(like in my case) or 159 due to RR stacks but can withstand 160 and 170 no worries.

• Chillspikes instead of Stormfire. The shotgun does more dmg (60K crit per spike) and procs Fiend very well[/i]

Do you have a new Grim Tools link for your build? Maybe keep the old one, too, so that we can compare the two versions.

Very nice update fluff. Easy 170 and fast clear

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pKoRBN
Was in the new crucible vid he uploaded

ah poo i replaced the old one. I might have it attached in old vid upload, lemme see.

Edit:Nope sorry. For reference I used to have green pants, Boots and a green ring. All replaced with legendary %phys (~520% gain) dmg relevant items to build. GReen medal is old one but can be replaced with Voraceous one or Kalastor. Also relic used to be argivix cause proc was 70% converted to phys. You have to try Deathstalker though , best cat for the build

New link is in main page, all rewritten, tactics & all

Thank you, both. I still have the link to the old build. Of all the high level sets I managed to complete this one, so I intend to make a Spellscourge build next.

Thanks for fixing my oversight. I’ll included it for comparison.

Fluff it seams to me that both GT links are for old setup :eek:

Thanks. Fixed. How fascinating. First thing i did was to DElete old GT and replace. Had only new GT and new pic in front of me:)

I think I accidentally replaced the good one with the old link again from eisprinzessin. Luckily the good link was in the video description.

Do you have any issue with energy at all?

I just respec into this one, I have exactly the same thing you have (without the chest piece, I’m using mythical warborn instead).

Blitz > war cry > overguard > ground stomp > devastation all the meantime spamming chillspike… just one round of this already consumed almost 2/3 of my energy. And I have not even reset with TD and cast another round of devastation yet.

I think previously arcane spark at least helped a bit. Squad tactics also has fewer points, thus consume less energy.

How are you casting Devastation without having an Off Hand equipped?

It’s a hidden mod of the Spellscourge shield

Thank you for the clarification!

Well I love this build tbh, but I have some energy problem when i’m not doing some high waves in crucible, I am missing something or … ? I’m open for any suggestions. :smiley:

Build concept (not yet optimised) of physical caster inspired by Grim Misadventure #148 and discussion with community:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MJ1mrV

I don´t understand this, three main attack spells but all only softcapped? What’s the point of that? :confused:

The point is to use multiple skills for physical caster since focusing on 1 or 2 skill is boring. And as result it is not trivial to max out all these skills.

P.S: As I mentioned early - it is a concept needed to be polished. :wink:

So far there were not so much builds of battle mage on physical meteors. Let’s cover this gap. :wink:

[1.0.6.1] Skybreaker

Battle mage on physical meteors.

Credits: Autentist, Fluff, Veretragna and other people involved in build discussion.

Damage: Physical
Active Skills: Blitz, Ground smash, Devastation,Apocalypse, Battle cry, Nullification, Mirror of Ereoctes, Overguard, Chain Lightning, Doomforce
Passive Skills: Oleron’s rage, Field Command, Presense of Might, Might of Beronath, Maiven’s, IEE

Offensive setup focused on more damage and DPS

Active buffs are battlecry and fighting spirit

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25q1Yl2

An alternative devotions setup focused on survivability

Active buffs are battlecry, fighting spirit and stone form

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gv6wvN

Build concept

The core build concept is to bring down on the enemy the wrath of heaven in the form of meteors from as much sources as possibel. :cool:

You can always focused on devastation only and replace the amulet by the one from the set. Max damage dealt I got was 111K with not maxed out procs from constellations.

In my case I got better rolls for gear and as result there are no gaps in resistences. Otherwise I would recomend to replace the augment from amulet by Sylvarria’s Essence.

Pros:

• No MI items with rare prefixes and suffixes are required.
  • Can complete campaign content except some super bosses
  • Not bad for mage physical rersistence - 23%
  • Nullification - useful skill in many situations
  • Saves: Mirror of Ereoctes and Menhir’s Will

Cons:

• No skill disruption protection
  • Not the highest physical damage and DPS.
  • Many active skills to use - not everyone will feel comfortable playing this build.
  • Didn’t test the build against Avatar, Lokkar and Ravager on Ultimate.

P.S: It is one of rare cases when we can freely use the component in rings other than rune topaz. :slight_smile: In general there no issues with energy. In rare cases we have to use potions to restore energy.

A question: Is the ring component slot really “free” or you’re using ectoplasms because without them your energy regen is basically nonexistent? At least that’s what it seems to me.

Pretty neat concept tho. Not new but still great.

[i]Hmm I did write a reply, wondering what happened to that? Perhaps it ended up in a different thread LOL

anyway I try again.[/i]

Nice version of the Spellscourge Battlemage!

I have a question regarding weapon of choice: we can get almost 100% ele > phys conversion from Octavius chest, Spellscourge helm + shoulder (think 96% if max rolls on the conversions?) so why the Beronath Reforged sword? For the OA and +%crit dmg?