[1.0.4.1]The Spellscourge - CDR Phys Devastation, Stormfire, Flame Torrent/SotH - Content Destroyer

A question: Is the ring component slot really “free” or you’re using ectoplasms because without them your energy regen is basically nonexistent? At least that’s what it seems to me.

Pretty neat concept tho. Not new but still great.

[i]Hmm I did write a reply, wondering what happened to that? Perhaps it ended up in a different thread LOL

anyway I try again.[/i]

Nice version of the Spellscourge Battlemage!

I have a question regarding weapon of choice: we can get almost 100% ele > phys conversion from Octavius chest, Spellscourge helm + shoulder (think 96% if max rolls on the conversions?) so why the Beronath Reforged sword? For the OA and +%crit dmg?

Pretty hard to get max rolls on conversion with legit farming tho. Even on my gdatashed chars it can take me more than 10 tries to get a max rolled conversion item with good stats. That’s probably why.

Thanks for feedback!

In case of build variant with no Tree of Life ectoplasms are useful. Otherwise, from my point of view, since we have good DA value we can use any components in rings intead of runebound topaz. For example - bloodied crystal to gain more armor.

Nice to hear you like the build. :smiley:

Yes, mostly for OA, % crit damage and of course sweet bonus in % total damage boost (I got 100%) is really cool. If you have good alternative for weapon in mind I can test the build with it. :slight_smile:

P.S: Last but not least, Beronath guarantees 100% of elemental to physic damage convertion and I like to use it since rolls on items not often give you max values. :wink:

I can see if I can find some more items for alternative set-ups later.

One item that comes to the mind is this scepter. Maybe weird, but the proc and +2 to devastation are sweet. :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t Blazing Ruby work better in the medal slot?

No. Current component in medal gives us not only resistances (well even over max), but also flat OA bonus and % crit damage bonus as well. This component can be used in amulets and medals only.

how does to cast devastion without caster off hand ?

The shield of this set has a special mod that enables you to cast Devastation.

hoo thanks !!

Will this build have any changes after FG releases? Almost have all the pieces.

If you read the 1.1.0.0 and 1.1.0.1 patch notes you will see some changes in the gear, in particular the Spellscourge set

pure theorycraft : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62axqbEN

Interesting, gear doesn’t change much but those devotions are way different… Seems hard to grab good defensive devotions while maintaining hourglass if you want Ulzaad’s >< Thx for sharing

Interesting. I don’t have the set yet but I was trying to theorycraft spellscourge and went with a weapon damage approach. Didn’t consider going Aeon hourglass as I didn’t think devastation was going to be powerful enough.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxg9YJ2

[QUOTE=Firegunz;715348]pure theorycraft :

Thank you for making this build.

I have been testing this build with slight tweaks and it feels very good. I think it is very similar power level to other spellscourge builds. Because I don’t have the mark of the voracious one I have been using an ikrix medal instead as a substitute. For the boots and chest piece I have krieg set pieces. A factor to consider with the devotion is that the bard’s harp is a flex slot and can be substituted with another constellation that gives you blue and yellow if you have other gear or components to deal with energy requirement of the build. I have been using ghoul and solemn watcher instead of jackal and harp for more defense.

In theory Eye of Korvaak, Vire or Spear could be big additions to the build but you might have to sacrifice Harp or Ulzaad to have enough points.