[1.0.5.0] Cairn's SSM (surface-to-surface missile)

The new patch observes some buffs in Invoker’s Will set (+1 Arcanist to the offhand), as well as the cannot-be-nicer buff to Aura of Censure. So I come up with the idea (I believe many have the same concept before), to make PRM great again, hopefully.

Grimtools

Damage

With Mythical Spellgaze and Mythical Arcanum Sigillis, we now have 36% weapon damage to PRM, which is nice. Next, Mythical Invoker’s Shard converts all aether damage in the modifiers (2 of them) to lightning, which makes it triple nice. Although there is also 100% conversion cold to fire, it is insignificant compared to lightning damage, which explains my devotion choice.

Crit damage I manage to get is 102% (I have +1 to Elemental Balance in the relic, so in the grimtools it just stays at 11/12). Plus 24% crit damage from PRM, that sums up totally 126% crit damage for PRM.

Resistance Reduction

35% elemental from Aura of Censure, 28% elemental from Invoker’s Will completion skill, 32 flat elemental from Elemental Storm, 35% lightning from Arcane Bomb and either 20% reduced elemental from Viper or 25% of the same thing from Hand of Ultos, so yeah, any dude will suffer from negative fire/lightning res, even those dudes with 94% res.

Defense

This gearing manages to stack a decent amount of DA, even with the nerf to Topaz:furious:. No more crit, less hit, everyone is happy.

Thanks to the new buff to Aura of Censure, we now have a total of 40% damage reduction (from Maiven and Aura), and note that this 40% damage reduction (is it 36% though) is always on, hell yeah. Please correct me if the 2 of them are not supposed to stack, thanks.

Mirror combo with Eternity relic enable us to have a decent cooldown reduction to the best cheat death mechanism in game (although not as great as those CDR build).

The build only manages to stack 11% physical res and 1k8 armor, but since we have 40% damage reduction, I assume we don’t need to care much about this.

Inquisitor Seal and Turtle Shell devotion can further negate some of the damages dealt to us, so…

Sustainability

6% ADCtH to PRM is really wow. Imagine 1 shot of PRM spreads into 10 missiles, each carrying 6% ADCtH (not sure if the ADCtH from the headgear works like this, someone can confirm:confused:), and we are firing missiles at a speed of close to 200% (I bet it may take centuries for US Navy to achieve this deed:D). Beside, we still have Word of Renewal as a mini health pot, which is nice.

Mana is not the issue in this build, even at such firing rate. We can cut our energy cost by 1/3, we have 100+ mana regen, and we also have 130% energy absorption. Anyone playing Crucible a lot will immediately know what 130% energy absorption means, basically infinite mana. We do have some minor mana leech here from IEE because our PRM has some % weapon damage.

Gearing choice

If you don’t like the belt I wear, feel free to change it to Mythical Arcanoweave Cord for extra +1 to Inquisitor skills. However, the huge OA and energy absorption are hard to ignore, in my humble opinion.

We have 3 MIs here (or 2 to be more correct), so it can be a bit hard to get for some. To make life easier, the pant can either be Kuba’s Chausses or Reaper’s Legguards, the prefix should be Magestorm for the pierce and vit res, plus any suffix you manage to get your hands upon. Do the same for the medal and boot, as long as it fixes your res and give you DA. To be honest, this build only faces some minor issues fixing pierce res, the rest are actually OK.

Devotion

2 points on Hydra can be put anywhere you like, I may change it to somewhere better soon. Appreciate if someone can give an overhaul to my devotion, many thanks.

Videos

The patch is only online today, and tomorrow is the start of D3 season 13:p:p:p, so don’t expect any videos soon.

Nice build!
I want to try a PRM build too, but iam not sure if your Setup is better than convert elemental damage to aether?

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11363

Glad you like it.

Well, the better thing is you have more RR compared to aether counterpart.

Try the new MI from new rogue dungeon for panetti:)

But it’s aether version though:cry:
Maybe I will try it later, when I have more time and manage to farm that medal.

You are right. Was only thinking of %wp dmg mods

aether version should be more powerful in paper but not sure with the new invoker set. now I am torn between two lovers.

nevertheless I’d still put my money on aether over elemental any day in terms of sheer prm dps.

Fuckin’ 98% Poison Resist. That would explain why farming is taking so long