[1.0.5.0] Dreeg Witch Hunter, The Painful Journey.

I already posted my Dreeg with high DA on Korean GD Community in Naver earlier as Korean.

Mostly translating the post with my style again.

Here is the original link.

http://cafe.naver.com/immortalthrone/54485

As I said in original post. THIS IS NOT MY SHOWOFF ABOUT HOW MUCH FARMING I DID, this is HOW HOPELESS DREEG WITCH HUNTER IS. If you expect something super OP (Broken) Build, check another build. I warned you!

Introduction.

So, you are willing to read it even it might be a terrible build. I got a lot of good feedback from the previous Dreeg build (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68765). mad_lee commented as can it survive in AoM area? I didn’t get offended, I was curious as well. Can it survive without many hassles? I was thinking about defensive Dreeg Witch Hunter (Sorry Drizzto, I will try Witchblade next time)… soon I made awkward (or idiotic) goal as “Let’s make a Dreeg Witch Hunter who can clear Crucible 150-170 solo!” It sounds crazy. But I did. Nevertheless, it took too long to beat that solo… (in otherwise, it is not that time or cost effective)

Here are videos that I did.

First video 1 hour with defensive devotion (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxdq4eV)

Second video 50 min with offensive devotion (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m2385JBV)

Before I continue to explain further, I want to thank Cmak414’s Mortar build which taught (inspired too) me how DA is important.

here is his build link

Why DA is so darn important?
If you are experienced, you do not have to read, I might explain slightly those who are not familiar with DA (even though I am just newbie too). Simply put, DA reduces chance (or times) that you will get hit and even if you get a critical hit, it reduces huge amount damage taken. Why I spent so much on DA to get close to 5k? Dreeg is caster gear, in other words, it is not sturdy armor. So, I had no choice, but farming some greens to get a lot DA (Stalwart with possibly protection) to survive better. Thus I had zero problem in Ugdenbog farming (I have not tried Lokarr or Malmouth yet :P). Yet The Major problem was Solo Crucible though.

Class, Skills.

1.I have to admit. It may sound cool as Witch Hunter to try a poison Dreeg, but it is not when it comes to defense a.k.a survival issues(No wonder Drizzto did as Witchblade in old time). If you are really thinking about Dreeg, try Witch Blade (Occultist + Soldier).

2.I want to thank Strannik, who gave me feedback about skill tree. Thus I didn’t spend too much on Vulnerability and Night’s Chill. I just put them until it reaches initial max points.

3.About Dreeg’s Evil Eye (DEE), Max its base skill and Blood Burst as much as you can. Rest of them, just put 1 point.

1. Do not underestimate Nidalla’s Final Strike. It has solid poison damage with a short cooldown.

5.Spam Pneumatic Burst as much as you can. Seriously, you may want increase DA and Elemental Resist as much as you can by Shadow Dance and Elemental Awakening. If you really need to heal yourself, use Blood of Dreeg.

6.Blade Barrier a.k.a Circuit Breaker… Do I have to explain?

7.Wasting from Bloody Pox is very effective debuff skill which lowers enemies’ OA. In otherwise, enemies’ attack is less and you can survive better. Bloody Pox and Black Death, just put 1 point on them.

Gear

1.Just in case, I write this who made a silly mistake like myself. Make sure you PUT SEAL OF BLADES INTO DREEG’S DAGGER! NOT SHEILD. Thus you can benefit slightly from Life steal by this way. Its component has an aura which increases pierce resist and armor rating as well. You may need this aura to activate some devotion skill.

2.Rings… sign…RNGesus gave me only Mighty + Protection for my rings… Idealistically best rings would be Two Stalwart Vine Ring of Protection because Vine Ring also increases your Vitality resist.

3.Shield…I thought a lot about it, yet I cannot find a better shield with huge DA than Myth. Untouchable. Maybe Myth. Will of Living can… sadly I am DA Manic, thus I vote Myth. Untouchable. If you think about that shield, make sure that shield has min. 160-170 DA with 6% DA bonus.

4.Glove - Myth. Colossal Grasp. Min DA that you have aim would be 100.

5.Boots… I personally wanted Stalwart Stoneplate boot of King. Sadly only boots with stun resist I can find is Featherstep. it is not bad though.

6.I could choose Kymon’s Badge. Typical excuse, they don’t give me stalwart with of Protection… Thus I gotta pick what I have - Stalwart Basilisk Crest of Readiness.

7.Pants, if you are desperate you might choose Myth. Barbaros pants or asking that homo sapience blacksmith Angrim to craft good pants with Stalwart, of Protection (he never gave me). I managed to get Stalwart Kuba’s pants of Protection by luck. Other nemesis pants is okay too.

8.Waist… I thought about stoneplate waist until Good Korean named Consarada gave me Stalwart Ugdenbog Girdle of Protection, yet I got superior version of that belt with slight more DA, which sadden me some moment.

Devotion
Why there is two version from above?

First version (1 hour) is pretty tanky with 5022 DA with Pneumatic Burst. There was another con. which it has too low damage with low OA. So it took long time to kill every enemy(no wonder it took 1 hour). Still, it is not bad, yet I thought if I change my devotion as an offensive one with some damage with slightly OA improved… I might reduce the time… I was wrong too.

Second Version (50 min) could be some improvement, but even though it has 4884 DA (with Pneumatic Burst), it can get you killed ironically. I never realized slightly below 5k DA can make you uber squishy without some defensive Devotion skills (I miss Tree of Life). Thus I had no choice but hit and run every time when I have no celestial buffs middle of Crucible.

So which one is better? Hard to say (Admitting How much terrible I am with Devotion). Yet If you can make 5k DA with ease, pick second one. If not, go for first one, which makes you survive better.

Crucible… Seriously?
1.Even with high DA, YOU ARE NOT TANK… you just survive slightly better. Thus avoid maps like Dead, Void (Small ones). Pick Sands which provides you some escape route if things get hairy.

2.Celestial buffs -> Empyrian’s Guidance (2nd) and Amatok’s Power (3rd). Some may say “Hey you clear Crucible more than buff time (25min), why do you need Celesitial Buff?” because I want accelerate clear time asap and I really hate to drag some time in 154 floor… which I cannot face tank at all (those pesky enemies are Graveyard for my Dreeg).

3.Never stay in one spot, keep moving.

4.Never stay in AoE from Enemies.

1. When Celestial buff runs out (if not, congrat, but Dreeg is DoT… it probably runs out), things are different. If the devotion is first one, choose carefully when to face tank a.k.a throwing every damage skills to pull serious dps. However if the devotion is the second one, just keep kite enemies… I am not kidding. Some may say “it is just some DA is gone”… not for me. If you really want to know how does it makes big differences, Try to take that huge poop from Alek. If the DA is more than 5k, you can laugh. yet when DA is below 5k, you cannot laugh at Alek. and may consider kiting that Alek. if things hit a pan badly.

6.Just do not do it solo. Do it as Party (I am dead serious, for your mental health).

Conclusion
it was long, to summarize…

1.Seriously Pick Witch Blade. Not Witch Hunter.

2.Try to reach more than 5k DA or you gonna have bad times.

3.For Crucible, do it as party.

4.Dreeg Set… Blow them up! or if you wanna try, invest that build thoroughly!

I dunno why I spent so long at Dreeg Witch Hunter, but at least IT WAS FUN.

Sadly I never gonna use this Dreeg Witch Hunter solo again!

Thank you for reading my long post with bad grammer.

As you can see, I am South Korean, who have not used English for long time Q.Q

I am curious, have you tried myth wretched time of Nar’Adin and dark one grasp for DEE increase damage and bloody pox reduced target damage?

I’m thinking something like this:
Https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXPkjXN

It’s has not been field tested though because I am still levelling a witch hunter.

I feel like if we use shield in witch hunter for dreeg build, soldier will always be better because their inherent support for shield.

Congrats for the build though. It has been a bloody journey indeed… :grin::grin:

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Man, high DA meta is great and all, but you are taking mad damage in Crucible with uncapped resists. Especially that uncapped.

Also, Dreeg’s set is a bit underwhelming. I would use Dark One’s set as a caster, because of its direct damage mitigation.

I drafted a Dark One WH long ago, here it is. Craft an amulet with -10% poison resist to Bloody Pox.

still it is okay. i gonna stick with Dreeg and… feeling lazy to change another gear again… (i feel burn out as well)

back from Crucible (not solo, party), there are few thing i like to say (it might be offensive due to i didn’t have any sleep.)

1.True, Dreeg is terrible set. if you are saying get Dark one, that means you are forcing me to change the concept… which i am not feeling comfy.

2.I cannot play all day to farm another gear. unless you give me full dark one set, which you will not give them to me :frowning:

1. resist… true. not fully capped, but if i change few stuff, i might cap some resists.

5.Some korean dude commented about low armor… well i am begger thus i cannot have them all. in first devotion, that’s why i picked stone form and… targo i think.

6.that amulet is cool but i am poor as hell. i dunno if i can craft with right option with my limited resources. Dreeg set has its amulet too… which… as i said Dreeg is terrible set (why Dreeg has amulet :frowning: ).

to conclude, i know u care about my build, yet I am not that comfortable with ur comment (maybe i felt extremely fed up and sensitive with Dreeg witchhunter currently).

if you feel offended, i am sorry, but i gonna stick and already dropped Dreeg to change further.

I would like to share concept of DEE build with no CD based on skill modifiers granting weapon damage bonus. Build setup is not finalized and optimaized yet due to the lack of gear, access to new augments (working on reputaion gain) and other reasons.

Grim tools calc: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRn9axZ

Screenshot with main character window:

P.S: If someone is interested in detailed DEE damage statistic, you can find it here.

Regards,
Strannik

Good guy Strannik, thx for sharing your build. your build is not bad either. but as I said, i got greedy for clearning solo Crucible which is painful. I recently fixed one of my Ring thx to some good Korean called Nero

You are always welcome. :wink:

I see. I am not big fan of Crucible and at the first focus on campaign content. The crucible will require to change at least gear and devotion setups. Maybe will play around with build setup once finish AoM on absolute to give a try for clearning solo Crucible.

Yup Enjoy Dreeg build. I used be Dreeg Warlock too. but to me, witch hunter seems better for me… cuz of additional poison damage from nightblade (Merciless rep. thingy). Still Arcanist is good too. Can borrow some stuff from Arcanist skills in my thought.

I continue experimenting with warlock DEE build and found ineteresting & fun fact. Despite Mythical Runed Dagger of Dreeg granting flat chaos damge (weird to see this) it is however BiS for the build - we have higher DEE damage and DPS compared to epic dagger (same augments used for both daggers).

Screenshot with main character window:

Detailed DEE damage statistic:

Will be interesting and nice if you share the stuff with us.

I am not big fan or still not familiar with Arcanist. it was very old time when i try Dreeg Warlock. I would not try Warlock as Dreeg recently (that Dreeg Witch Hunter gave me burn out). Yet I would pick Maiven’s Sphere to protect myself better. also Elemental’s Balance too. why? cuz it increases your crit damage… besides those, I cannot remember well now.

Yeah, it is good and wise choice, but I want to test the build without the sphere (and damage penalties) at first for campaign.

Yes, bonus for crit damage is not only nice to have but is useful.