[1.0.5.1] Assassin of the Three - Yet Another A/P Witch Hunter

Melee focused, acid/poison WH that makes use of the excellent synergies between Nidalla’s Hidden Hand, Blood of Dreeg and Amarasta’s Blade Burst. With the poison DoT from Nidalla’s Justified Ends rounding out your damage sources for dealing with the stuff you can’t face tank, which if all goes to plan gets 100K+ damage ticks due to the build having 3560 OA, close to 3900 OA once both Scorpion and CoF take effect.

Based partly off all the other similar, older WH builds that came before me.

Grimtools:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g0eavV

[insert pics here]

Gear Wise - you can substitute the MI’s and such with plenty of other gear and usually retain enough resistances to get through to the end of Elite with relative ease. Used the Valance jewels set for a lot of the levelling, since it gives you a bunch of handy resistances. Mad Queen’s Claw and Venomlash drop pretty easily though, which the level 75 and 94 version of the Cowl of the Venomblade are craftable, so usually you can get core stuff with relative ease. Key though of course is keeping NHH in the Nightblade WPS line high, along with BoD and NJE.

Survivability/Combat wise - Alternate between BoD and PB for heals, bloodthirster for tanking and pop BB when you need a break. For enemies with an over abundance of health, use Shadow Strike and hit and run, which has worked very well for every Nemesis. You can usually SS in which procs Tainted Eruption, pop off CoF and RoS (which procs Manticore), hit them with ABB to increase damage and OA and proc Murmur, SS again and run away and still be alive at the end. Though I do use potions to augment survivability because I’m not always on the ball due to depression symptoms.

Also, Blight’s skill gives are very handy debuff to enemy’s chances to hit you, which combined with the debuff from RoS means you can avoid a lot of damage. Which is why I haven’t swapped it out for a higher level relic like Dreeg’s Affliction.

Nemesis/Boss Notes:

• Aetherial and Ch’thonic ones can be facetanked with relative ease, may need to take the odd breather with Benn’jhar

• Fabius is usually easy, provided he doesn’t spawn with some insane weapon of course.

• Moosiluake should be avoided when he does his over head slap, but otherwise Tainted Eruption clears his ice crystals easily and you have enough freeze resist that you never get chain frozen.

• Iron Maiden has not been tested with this build due to not farming the negative rep required, should be semi-facetankable though

• Reaper of the Lost is “fun” but easier than Grava due to lower health, use terrain to block his projectile attack and try and clear out the wraiths before they can pop off their resistance reduction attack.

• Grava’thul, similar strategy to Reaper, larger health pool means he takes longer to die though and the nullify orbs are a pain as per usual.

• Alexander is easy, just avoid the meteor attack at all costs.

• Mad Queen is straight forward to fight as long as you remember when not to attack, DoT from SS hits 100K+ on her though so you can hill her off with that safely.

• Kupa, again SS in, attack etc and avoid blood pools and breath attack, SS one more time and run away. Dies pretty easily and due to Tainted Eruption and WPS attacks I’ve had clones I haven’t been focusing on drop dead. Can be semi-tanked once it’s down to one clone too, even standing in a blood pool.

• Gargabol takes a while, as for what ever reason he’s highly resistant to poison DoT and so I’ve only ever gotten 40K ticks on him. Just watch his attack patterns and attack at the right time and eventually he will fall. Also, a flame resistance potion + royal jelly potions are very, very handy here, providing reducing burn damage and increased health and rate of healing.

• Deathstalker Manticore should be drawn away from any of the acid spitting plants and other threats before engaging, but otherwise is not as much of a threat as it could be due to this build’s survivability.

Crucible Wise - With banners you could do Challenger up to 150, main issue for beyond that is lack of physical resistances and low DA, along with the unmaxed stun resistance. Haven’t tested it yet though due farming Steps of Torment for the legendary MI drops and more getting more legendaries etc.

[reserved for later]