[1.0.5.1] Diviner's Spellbinder - no pets, just pure reap spirit power

That combo is almost too much. One of the reasons I’ve chosen apostate over spellbinder for drain essence build. Diviners don’t really have a choice:)

Apostate has more DPS potential than Spellbinder for drain essence tho (if we don’t factor in Drvastation). If you don’t need both mark and mirror then you don’t go for it. It’s so boring to have both.

Exactly!

No point in being basically invincible when you can life steal so much. And damage is just better, so more life steal. You still need TD though in crucible, that 50% slow res on it is insane too. I wanted Attak Seru as it seemed fitting but…no. That devotion is in a weird place

Skill points are hard though. Chose Decay over Seal

Patch 1.0.6.0 brings some nise buffs to this build (25 All Resist Reduction for 3s modifier for Reap Spirit, Increased Aether and Vitality Decay damage scaling with rank for reap spirit).

No changes in gear/masteries/stars. All just started working a little better.

Been playing my diviner a bit the last couple of days, the wraiths are so much better now. They teleport like crazy, basically they barely “walk” normally anymore. And their damage is noticeably better now, with the nova skill fixed. I haven’t finished the campaign yet with it but I’d say a hybrid version is perfectly viable now. Crucible, probably not so much, but progress nonetheless.

I always theorycraft and try a build by my own hands, before checking the compendium to see if it’s been done and how good it is.

I theorycrafted it almost identical except for 2 constellations and tried it in the Last Dungeon and Lokarr. It’s excellent for Campaign: great AoE damage, good sustain, decent CD. The Pets do a great job (damage, mobility, keeping aggro).

A shame, now I have 2 builds I love on my Spellbinder.

Congratulations on a great build, Safarel.

Out of curiosity, what are the specs of your PC? Because I love the way game looks and runs on your computer. I’ve benn thinking of maybe getting a new computer myself in a couple of months, and one of my first prirorities is to be able to run Grim Dawn well. So would you mind sharing your configuration?

Intel Core i7 4790
NVidia Palit JetStream 1060 gtx (6 GB)
16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64

This hardware are not necessary and it’s a much higher to the system requirements of Grim Dawn, but I’m a streamer so my PC must handle a a double load (from game itself and from streaming)

Thanks a lot!

I’ll be on the lookout for a similar setup.

Hey there, I made a similar build but I went for Rattosh and a bigger focus around pets.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYD9ErZ

I have a bit less DA and Aether%, but my Reap Spirits deal quite a lot of damage, even in AoE, and the build also get lots of sustain from Wendigo Mark and Tip the Scales.

You can switch Tip the Scales for the Revenant if you want even more pets.

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

You can use this dedicated thread to get your post numbers up to 3.

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48496

This is my hybrid variation

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDL8MQZ

I would include revenant in it but the only way is to drop widow, which is not an option. Pierce resist is a bit low, I made up for it by crafting all craftable items with pierce resist at angrim, there’s not much armor to increase here anyway.

Thanks Fleecestealer!

Some green boots could fix this issue if you don’t mind to add some green items in build

Why would you use Master of Death when your build uses no pets save for the Wraiths of Reap Spirit? Harbringer of Souls seems like a better choice.

Because it’s a hybrid and master of death works both ways. I mean I’ve seen plenty of builds that use it without any pets, it’s a good skill. Meanwhile harbinger of souls offers me nothing I need (cast speed? meh, more damage, hardly need it) and makes the pets weaker.

On Grim Tools the char has 11k hp but on the video it has 14k+, did you change any setup? Or is it some other buff?

Due to changes in patch 1.0.7.0. Star Pact are changed to Reckless Power, Arcane Will now 10/10, and Decay are replaced to Ill omen

Our reap spirit are becomes much more stronger (i saw a 160.000 crit), but cooldown are also was increased (from 0.5 to 0.8 seconds)

Fresh GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqR3W4N

Here is my build, Diviner set is getting stronger every patch. I dont want to use Ill omen because monsters keep fleeing from me.

Kallagadra kill