[1.0.5.1] Iskandarian Berserker - DW Elemental "Skullcrusher" Mage Hunter

Preface
I proudly present to you an original concept I made when I am first studying the conversion mechanics of the game. I found that using mythical Iskandra’s Focusing Prism + weapon conversion + weapon component + 17/12 Iskandra’s elemental Exchange can yield 100% physical to elemental conversion.

This is a berserker build without hard circuit breaker and without absurdly high DA that can kill enemy so fast due to the mix damage nature of the build. There are no nemesis that has full resistance to the tri-elemental damage.

The Build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXPb9ON
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Iskandra’s Prism, word of renewal, deadly aim, mirror of ereoctes, and standing on inquisitor seal.
DPS shown is beronath’s fury.

Build Feature

• Huge Weapon Damage
    + 100% physical to elemental conversion
  • Mixed Damage Type
  • 94%+20% ELemental RR
  • Good Crits Damage
  • Good Lifesteal
  • Really tanky due to Iskandra set 4 piece set, Aura of censure, maiven, and inquisitor seal. Mirror of ereoctes is only used if surrounded by high attack boss and nemesis.
  • The Nukers came from item (sacred and scourge strike)
  • Really nice visual due to so many procs going, I absolutely need to learn how to record my gameplay
  • Dual wield melee
  • No mobility skill
  • Most of the time need to stand still in Inquisitor Seal
  • OK CC resist, it is enough for finishing no buff and banner 150 Crucible though.
  • In Glad 151++, need to consume Aether cluster for facing multiple nemesis
  • MI weapon with some specific prefix+suffix for optimal damage
  • Cannot spam immortal skill
  • Dual wield melee

Equipment Choices
Core Items:
Iskandra’s Unification Set minus the off-hand
Main Hand + Off Hand: 2x Bargoll’s Heart. Build defining items, adding 24% Elemental RR to word of pain. Preferred prefixes are the one that can convert physical to elemental and gives flat elemental damage, “Enchanter’s” prefix is BIS for its flat elemental damage and good procs. For suffixes, “of Scorched Runes” is the best for overcapping Aura of Censure and gives additional flat elemental damage; other option can be “of arcane balance” to overcap inquisitor seal
Medal: Mythical Direwolf Crest. For dual wielding
Rings: Elemental Harmony set. Adding additional flat damage to fire and cold, really good procs
Relic: Scourge. Build defining relics, get %DA for completion bonus

Others:
Belt: Mythical Scales of Beronath. +Inquisitor seal and +Inquisitor, good multiplier to elemental damage, +crit damage
Gloves: Mythical Runesinged Handguards. +DA, +Attack Speed, +% Elemental damage
Pants: Mythical Fateweave Leggings. I absolutely love this pants because of its procs, mainly to further overcapped our resistances when dealing with enemy debuff. In addition, it also gives plus to the skills we use
Boots: To cover resistances.

Devotions
We will be taking most of the flat elemental damage we can find in the constellation. For procs, we will take the best of the best procs for elemental damage, which is Ulzuin’s Torch, Blind Sage, and Fiend:

• Flame Torrent --> What is better to celebrate the huge weapon damage and elemental damage multiplier? Flame torrent of course!
  • Viper --> Important Type 2 elemental RR
  • Elemental Storm --> Staple for RR and flat elemental damage
  • Ghoulish Hunger --> soft circuit breaker that really fit to this build who need to always stand their ground
  • Arcane Barrier --> Decent defensive procs, it was taken mainly for the flat elemental damage though.
  • Meteor Shower --> Really good fire damage procs, it also deals huge flat physical damage that will be converted to elemental.
  • Elemental Seeker --> Really good elemental damage procs that deal huge flat elemental damage with low CD.

For sequence:

1. Crossroads Red
  2. Fiend, bind to Storm Box of Elgoloth
  3. Viper
  4. Quill
  5. Toad
  6. Rhowan’s Crown, bind to Word of Pain
  7. Crossroads Yellow
  8. Crab, bind to Maiven’s Sphere of Protection
  9. Scholar’s Light
  10. Hawk
  11. Crossroads Green
  12. Blind Sage (to procs only), bind to beronath’s fury
  13. Ghoul, bind to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
  14. Ulzuin’s Torch (to procs only), bind to inquisitor seal
  15. 1 point Spare, I pick the first node of Empty Throne for stun resistance

Gameplay
Keybind:
LMB: Beronath’s Fury
RMB: Scourge Strike
Mouse scroll up: Word of Pain
Mouse scroll down: Word of Renewal
Middle mouse button: Storm Box of Elgoloth
Keyboard 1: Inquisitor Seal
Keyboard 2: Sacred Strike
Keyboard 3: Nullification
Keyboard 4: Mirror of Ereoctes

Standard procedure:
Scroll up & down to activate Word of Pain and Word of Renewal
Cast Storm Box of Elgoloth to strong enemy to trigger multiple flame torrent
Cast Inquisitor Seal below you
Mash LMB, RMB, keyboard 2
Make sure to stand on Inquisitor seal and flame torrent always active
Rinse and repeat, absolutely do not kite!
Cast Mirror of Ereoctes for tougher enemies (complete immunity and total damage modifed by 15%)
Use Aether Cluster if facing Grava + Reaper or double Reaper.

Build Explanation and Performance
This build utilize the Iskandra set fully. Apart from the full physical to elemental conversion, Iskandra provide insane 55 flat elemental damage to Inner Focus + 30 flat elemental damage from its amulet procs that will always active due aura of censure. For weapon, bargoll’s heart is the best for its super high physical damage, flat elemental damage, and RR modifier to Word of Pain. Good prefixes and suffixes are needed for optimal build though. Scourge relic is used for its highest %weapon damage attack that utilize both weapons, it also deal cold damage and nice ADCTH that really valuable for this build. Components on weapon are utilized for giving us additional nuker (sacred strike) and reliable way to procs elemental seeker (beronath’s fury), also converting the physical damage to elemental.

MageHunter itself has so many source for flat elemental damage from Iskandra’s Elemental exchange and Arcane Empowerment. Also, full flat physical damage from steel resolve get converted to elemental. Quick pic on the build maximum damage dealt:

The build can consistently and easily clear 150 Crucible with no buff and banner. Beware of Zantarin and Mad Queen though, as it can shotgun you to death, I suggest to use nullification when their aura is active and mirror to stand your ground.

Regarding its performance for 151++, I finish 169 on my first try using 4 buff + Vanguard Banner, I died to Theodin because I am trying to approach him and going out of inquisitor seal’s range. Well, the build will surely be able to deal with 170 in the next patch when the dev buff the buff and banner of crucible. For now, I will be moving next to polish my other builds.

Afterword
Thank you for the attentions. I hope you guys can enjoy this build as much as I do

Reserved for Budget, Mythical Malakor’s Infusion version

Congrats on creativity.

A while ago wanted to make this infiltrator for the 60 extra rr+ execution . But this one seems to be doing well too:)

Seems like a strong build.

By the way, there is a better weapon component for you: Sparkbloom Powder. Because you could use some OA and your pierce is overcapped by 20%.

Also, did you try Ignaffar’s Combustion + Cord of Deception for more DA/attack speed/RR?

BTW, you mean that having like 160 RR to Cold? Because I don’t see that you can achieve that number for all elemental damage with infiltrator.

Thanks Madlee.
Sparkbloom might be a minor improvement for OA. 2.8K unbuffed OA is enough to trigger deadly aim, add to the fact that it will always trigger due to aura of censure damage aura. The build also have already high +98% crit damage bonus.

Regarding ignaffar’s combustion, it will be good for this kind of build, however in addition for giving me a great melee skill, scourge give ADCTH that is invaluable for this build that need to stand their ground. It will be useless for having more RR and flat elemental but without the skill to utilize it.

Regarding cord of deception, I already consider it first. However, plus crit damage and inquisitor seal is quite valuable for this build as I mainly rely on seal to survive harsh wave in crucible. I would rather test mythical mageguard leggings for giving overcapping inquisitor seal + arcane empowerment even further.

EDIT: One last thing, the build need only “enough” attack speed and cast speed. Beronath’s fury is only an additional source of damage that proccing elemental seeker. Main source of damage is scourge strike, sacred strike, flame torrent and meteor shower, which does not scale to attack speed.

Got ya!

That Sparkbloom Powder tho, use it! :slight_smile:

With that amount of crit damage all the extra OA becomes super valuable

Nah was just referring to wop+censure.

dual blades + this medal would also be ok

Hasn’t the build you are thinking of already been done? Valinov did Nex+Ortus infiltrator with that set and lot of life steal/inq seal and did 150-170 with it. Or are you cooking something else? :slight_smile:

Creative build, it looks fun and using Iskandra’s for a melee build earns you bonus points :slight_smile:

But getting those weapons, yeah, that will take forever. Not realistic for me sadly.

Those weapons give -12% Elemental Resistance to Word of Pain regardless prefix/suffix.
Make WoP has 24% Elemental RR which is nice since Aura of Censure also gives %Elemental RR

Yeah, just like @TZ said, for this build, bargoll’s heart is the best due to RR. At least you need to get the one that convert 15% physical damage to one of the tri-elemental. It is just a shame that no one use this great MI.

One weapon that are close to it is Malakor’s infusion. It lacks the RR and plus to skills we used though. However it can potentially be better in the right build due to +20% damage to Eldritch and inherent healing it has.

Also, like I said in my 2nd post. I will try to make 2nd budget version with Malakor’s infusion when I have time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I did! Also as a Mage Hunter but focusing on lightning damage!
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeaP40Z
Your set-up looks nice too ! :smiley:

Try it and you will be surprised. :wink:
I will try to record some video of its gameplay. What is the best gameplay video recorder? Is play.tv ok?

In my opinion the best overall recorder, free, is OBS!
https://obsproject.com/

This build is a masterpiece!

Thanks, will try it right away.

Thanks, You are too kind… :slight_smile:

Nerf on flame torrent hit quite a bit, nerf in MoE doesn’t affect this build at all though.

Will check the performances and in the new crucible this weekend…

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk