[1.0.5.1] The Elemental Proc Deceiver - Let It Do Someone Else (Selber machen lassen)

A similar build compared to Superfluff’s (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0wg6M2), Bevdogg’s and some others, this deceiver focuses heavily on proccing devotions instead of item skills to do damage.

The goal of this build is to spread easy to apply damage/debuff skills onto the enemy horde and let it activate devotion procs which act as the major damage dealers, Elemental Seeker (Blind Sage) and Arcane Currents (Attak Seru), all while running around in circles and sporadically applying Storm Box for the extra damage and massive slow. I especially like to take the Mad Queen for a walk on a lightning leash:).

After a small adjustment (switched GAC Medal for MoD) I was actually able to beat Crucible Wave 170 with the two standard buffs (damage and health) and no banners. Earlier runs ended after receiving burst damage due to the lack of a circuit breaker.
However, the build can certainly be tweaked to handle some enemies better, especially Fabius, who is just a pain to fight due to his safe travel with SS and burst damage. Combined with Valderan teleporting you around and messing up your kiting it truly is hell :mad:

Build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqaoB6Z

Some explanations regarding gear choice:

• GoE for the bigger AoE for AoC
  • Double TFB Rings mainly for the slow res
  • Bargoll’s Heart for the -elemental res
  • CE Tome for the +1 to all skills and the added stun res
  • Galakros Dread Plating for the added Stun res
  • CoD instead of SoB for the DA
  • DOG Gloves for the added OA and reduced damage dealt to BP

It is also worth noting that multiple Insight-procs on gear basically eliminate any and all energy shortages which otherwise would probably be an issue with this buld.

Why Occultist and Inquisitor as class choices?
The Occultist class provides some of the best easy to spread OA/DA/Res debuffs for the build while the Inquisitor class provides AoE debuff-like damage (WoP) and much needed MS with WoR for kiting as well as AoC for the -elemental res and reduced damage dealt to monsters that can somewhat keep up or constantly charge into you (looking at you, Iron Maiden)

Devotions:
Aside from BS and AS the devotion setup also includes Crab, RC and Dryad for the respective procs, which are pretty self-explanatory choices.

TL;DR: What the heck is OA!?

Attachment: Screenshot (3).jpg

Hi Softstring,

I can say you aren’t the first with this build. A notable few -
Superfluff ( http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68620 ) & ArchHeretic have similar builds already posted on the forums.
I myself have a similar build to Superfluff: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aOpaOZ although i haven’t posted my version officially on the forums.

Anyhow, interesting variant & choice of gear. I would recommend you run the full cataclysm set as the 3-piece bonus is awesome. Also, the elemental balance rings would fit your proc heavy build well also.

Cheers.

Oh man, Im looking dumb now:o I scouted the build compendium for 15 minutes looking at similar damage types and their devotion setups, totally overlooked the similarity in concept on those builds…
Anyway, I thought about the cataclysm set but I prefer the DA from CoD and the + skills from the bero amulet, even though the set gives you nifty resistances and a very good proc.
I noticed that you went for RoK and Inquisitor Seal in your build. Do you play the build by kiting a lot or do you stay in the seal for the DR? Also, I always wondered how RoK performs damage-wise. Is it good or did you take to CC the mobs?

Anyway, I thought about the cataclysm set but I prefer the DA from CoD and the + skills from the bero amulet, even though the set gives you nifty resistances and a very good proc.

The Cataclysm Set is amazing for this build & is worth testing. Depending on game mode, I would say your sacrificing alot of OA (very low) for DA. Try bumping your OA to ~2700 (more & greater crits) & perhaps drop the DA to a similar level too. Depends if you favor crucible over campaign or vice versa.

I noticed that you went for RoK and Inquisitor Seal in your build. Do you play the build by kiting a lot or do you stay in the seal for the DR? Also, I always wondered how RoK performs damage-wise. Is it good or did you take to CC the mobs?

With RoK and IS, I can mix kiting & face tanking. RoK I find is good for bringing down hero’s / Bosses (& trash) quicker (if need be). You can swap out RoK for RoH for the DA shred too. IS helps when dealing with nasty hero’s / bosses, particularly Nemesis bosses.

I must ask though, whats your experience with Arcane Currents? In all my time playing GD I’ve never used the devotion so am not sure as to it’s performance.