[1.0.5.1] The IceBinder - Rune Infiltrator 150-170 Gladiator - 12:00 min

Chill them to the Bones

So far I haven’t seen someone using the Runebinder Set so I gave it a try and developed this Infiltrator around it. I had this concept lying around for 3 month now and finally leveled this character. It worked out pretty good and is a reliable crucible farmer with good speed so i decided to make my first guide :D.

Why is this combination performing so good?

Defense:

1. High DA (around 5k with proccs, ~4.6k without)
  2. High chances to avoid melee and projectile attacks (22%)
  3. Good resitances (all overcapped by atleast 30%, physical res over 30%)
  4. Good armor, high %absorption and flat absorption from seal/devotion

Offense:

1. High OA (3k without buffs, 3.5k with Deadly Aim, with cruci buffs even more)
  2. DA shred (-250 DA for even more crit)
  3. Good RR (2 being passive auras, 3 proccs -> quality of life)
  4. Good crit multi for 1.9x up to 2.7x damage multiplier (the abilities used have build in increased crit multiplier)

Of course those values require the proper gear, but with best values on every piece you can get even more damage and defense. I know those items are not easy to come by and I don’t know whether you can replace some with legendary pieces.
So this is not very beginner friendly right now.

In the image above I used 2 blessings (empyrion and amatok) and the vanguard banner. I guess it can be done without any blessings or banner but ofc it will take longer and hey we get some tributes anyway so why not use them.
Wave 100 - 150 took 23 mins with banner and empyrion, could be faster with amatok.
For wave 150 - 170 I had 12:12 mins on the clock but with the thoughened mutator during the last waves so might be faster with better mutators.
Potions are not necessary but i suggest keeping some PoM for spicy situations, finished it more than once with not even thinking about using one though.

Grim Tools:https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoGQOBZ
Update with Murmur: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BGmbzV
Devotion Binding:
Chillspikes -> Elemental Storm
Ring of Steel -> Cleansing Waters

Gameplay:

Stand on the seal and cast the Rune of Hagarrad to your feet or the the feet of the enemy you want to take out quickly.
Throw some Chillspikes around but don’t spam them like crazy because they drain your energy quickly especially when there are not so many enemies around, throwing skills at you and replenishing your energy via energy absorption. On bosses and later waves I usually spam a bit more :).

Use Ring of Steel on cooldown and attack from time to time to get the %RR from Viper and leech some energy with Arcane Spark.

Be careful in the campaign mode when facing Reflect mobs, they hurt ;). Just use your rune, its not affected by reflect.

Leveling:

I started with Nightblade got Veil of Shadow/Nights Chill, Pneumatic Burst/Shadow Dance and put 1 point into the passive dual wield line up to Whirling Death.

At lvl 10 get your Inquisitor mastery and level the complete mastery bar to get Aura of Censure and get it to the maximum.
On the way take a few points in Rune of Hagarrad, Word of Renewal and get like 10 points in Seal.

The Rune of Hagarrad mod Biting Cold should be leveled sooner than Rune and Chillsurge to get the neat 250 DA shred.

Passives like Deadly Aim, Arcane Empowerment, Artifac Handling, the mods for Word of Renewal, Phantasmal Armor and Anatomy of Murder just get 1 Point at the beginnig.

Use and dual wield the Ugdenbog Chillstrife from level 40 onwards. It gives you a crazy damage bonus to Veil of Shadow so you basically can just walk up to the trash mobs and they die from it.

I leveled mainly as a DW Infiltrator and used the Lokarr Set till level 60 for good level speed, but sometimes you take some big damage with Lokarr so if you like the adrenaline kick then I can recommend it ;).

Between level 60 and 85 I leveled the Rune and its mods to the max and made the transition from dual wield to caster. I guess it was level 75 when I made the final transition and specced out of dual wield.

Well thats it! :smiley:

In closing:

I think its a great character and for me he was fun to play.

Update: Like x1x1x1x2 pointed out I forgot Murmur…updated the Grim Tools link, now with Murmur.

Attachment: screenshot11.jpg

Already have 2 runebinder builds in the compendium :p. Great build. Weird to see a cold build without murmur, though. Wonder how much DA you lose if you go for it. Also, enjoy it while the patch still isn’t here yet :smiley:

Yeah i was about to edit when you already wrote the reply, cause i saw your Runbinder DW Warpfire right on the first page :D. So I’m sorry but when I wrote the guide I haven’t searched well enough it seems :o.

Well I don’t know about the new patch, what is it nerfing?

Edit: Yeah your right I forgot about Murmur :rolleyes:. Turns out there isn’t much of a loss DA wise and you get 3% more chance to avoid attacks, but the resistances suffer a bit (5% fire and lightning). Going to update the grim tools link.

Lol no problem. Wasn’t really mad or anything.

Well I don’t know about the new patch, what is it nerfing?

It’ will nerf DA. Will give it a cap at 60% PTH (subject to change) which is around 3900 DA. But they’ll also nerf crucible alot and buff blessings/banners so it won’t require DA stacking to clear.

Just need this last reply to be able to send PMs, cheers.