[1.0.5.1] Venomous Deceiver - Kiting DoT / High Survivability and Crucible 170

Hello folks long time no see. I have been out of the loop for a while so sadly couldn’t update and answer any messages, i was busy with life, career steps and an engagement :smiley: (yaay)
So excuse me that i can’t pan out a long detailed build and will update layout and add videos when i have time which i don’t have at all lately…

GRIMTOOLS : Click

I have been wanting to try this Ele to Acid conversion ever since i have laid my eyes upon it. I think this allows so many interesting and fun possibilities.
Been also trying to make this work as Conjurer with Totem + Devil but have yet to test it extensively.

• Deceiver was my way to go for this idea since Inquisitor provides all around defense and offense to every combo and one of my absoloute favorites to pair with any class.

• We have multiple defensive layers to survive the onslaught of 151-170 such as;
    Knockback, Terryfying Gaze, Focused Gaze, Stun, Toxic Gas Cloud, Giant’s Blood, Wayward Soul and invaluable combo of WoR, BoD spam combo.

• Playstyle revolves around kiting and stacking our Poison from multiple sources we have. Runes wreak havoc when kiting and its such a pleasing sight to eyes.
    It is possible to facetank for a couple seconds but being in motion is always the best possible choice.

• Farming rares aren’t that big of a deal and there aren’t any mandatory suffixes, anything that caps resistances is good to go.
    Only slight problem i’ve faced is sustaining energy so bit of management is advised but its not something an ectoplasm can’t fix.

Good build what are the ticks on this thing like?

Blue text = Grats :smiley:

EDIT:

You missed an opportunity to try Acid Meteors. I personally found it awesome

Interesting, I was thinking of doing something similar but using the WoP and Bloody Pox lines instead as my damage dealers in a more Acid than Poison approach.

I know devotion points are at a premium but is there really no way to squeeze in Murmur or Manticore for RR reduction and more DoT since those seemed high on my priority list when idly thinking about my build? Heck with the conversion game plan I was even eyeing Solael’s Witchblade since the fire half of the dot is converted to acid and the slow is always welcome.

Played exactly that for maybe two months, definitely works and very enjoyable to play:
Grimtools

I had far from bis gear, but was getting 60-70k ticks on most bosses on Ultimate from DAS alone, and then some…

I’m currently testing a Warlock variation, converting TSS and OFF to acid. Will be interesting to see how it fares.

I have that, except I went CT to acid

I was considering that too, but the frostburn from frozen core and the crit from shattered star seem too good to pass.

Except WoTA has a higher DoT potential.

You should just make a cauldron of excitement build for that, no need for fancy conversion items (farming that amulet looks exhausting tbh) :wink:

I might post my Cauldron of Excitement/Throw Shit build at some point.

The CT build jokes aside is good cause you have Mirror + DoTs + Meteors.