[1.0.6.0] DW Cold Malkadarr Reaper

Hi guys. New day, new build tested. This time I went for a suggestion from Superfluff and stoya to try to use dw malkadarr swords to overcap and overpower execution WPS.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVARM81Z

Build focuses on pure cold damage and little piercing. Devotions are 100% cold oriented. The build is suitable for crucible and wipes out bosses pretty fast imho. I currently only got lucky for a 650k crit on SP, full buffs and banners. How lucky are you?

Have fun playing it and suggestions, criticism, improvements are as always welcomed!

1. For the love of god, why do you spec intro cold with such build? You miss so much dmg its not even funny.
  2. Not maxing dual blade is a sin.
  3. 12 points intro Master of Dead? You traded 12 points for 82 DA and 1.5% moar dmg?
  4. These weapon augments don’t fit the build.

5.Mersiless repertoire is a waste of skill points.

Just my vision after just 2-3 weeks since i started playing grim dawn :D. Please do come with precise suggestions for improvements.
I wanted to make it 100% stacked cold damage for high execution crits :D.

Hmm. I suggest using the korba set, then. Savagery gets converted to cold damage.

Mechanics 101:

%Bonus charge damage on savagery * %WD on savagery * %WD on WPS (e.g. execution) = Final damage

This of course excludes any flat damage from the savagery line itself.

tbh I thought of using korba helm for lightning comversion and ultos (I believe it was called) constelation. Have so many ideas in my head since i’ve started to understand how stuff works.

Some tips/advice I have for you. But bear in mind I’m not a top tier theorycrafter by any means, so take what I say with a fistful of salt:

1. I would start with something simple first. Don’t jump right into conversion-based builds. There is quite a far bit of ambiguity regarding the ins and outs of this mechanic which baffles me still to this day.

2. Read veretragna’s ‘build your own gladiator’ guide under guides/tutorials

3. Read ‘Tips I wished I knew before playing’ under guides/tutorial

4. Check out the new player’s compendium.

5. If you’re interested in making a certain build (be it a skill-centric build, a damage type centric build, or a set-centric build), check out what better players than you or me have done first to understand the logic behind their theorycraft.

Then reapply this knowledge in your own unique way to fit your own unique theorycraft.

Thanks for the tips :D. I’ll keep in mind and see how it turns out :D.

Somehow randomly came up with this. Might work.

Being a nitpicky ass hole, but I think this might be better: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqKbRA2

More attackspeed, and more dodge in exchange for slightly less powerful necro WPS.

BTW - I really like this concept.

Thanks. Maybe even take it a bit further and max swords devotions for more piercing? No idea how this would play out.

About attack speed I think it wouldn’t be an issure once you get 190% attack speed from gear and skills. Belgo adds 10% attack speed with first strike. For example, my belgo infiltrator does have just 181% attack speed on sheet, but 191% once I make the first hit with belgo strikes and plus two Battle Cries (from boots and from pants) will keep you at 200% roughly 90% of time.

Makes me wonder if a Korba Ritualist can be done using winterbane…

pm me the concept, I am curious

Nah. I’ll just post it here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing more than a thought/very rough sketch - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EAvQP2

EDIT: Rough GT with winter’s bane: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoDlnkN

Imo, you are stretching it a bit with Nightblade items and Ritualist. It will work to some extent, but as a very gimmicky build: not enough skill points, little synergy, etc… You can, however, do a much better Vitality WPS machine with Wildblood + 3 piece Blood Knight.

Yeah. It was just something I threw together on the fly. It needs to be min-maxed WAAAAAAAAAAY more.

Maybe something like avenger’s belt, empowered essence of beronath, etc.

I like the idea and you can be sure it will become a reality sooner or later. I myself, like feelingodstoya come from a d2 mod background where I had over 100 build videos, making impossible builds work. I can assure that I will probably do the same here since Grim Dawn actually got me :smiley:

EDIT But coming back to the topic, I actually want to know how to make this cold REAPER concept even stronger. I would like if ptirodaktill could come with a concrete example of that, maybe modify the current gt link to what it should be to actually reach a high execution crite machine without turning it into something else?!

I’d run with mad_lees suggestion. Looks extremely promising.

Actually the concept is not that bad. The thing is you rely too much on execution proc where the %WD is only about 480% and your other WPS is not strengthened much.

If you are using beronath’s fury as the auto-attack replacer, I suggest you to use 2x ugdenbog chillstrife instead, that way you can get higher weapon damage sheet and will increase all your WPS equally.
EDIT: Because you need >>30k weapon damage sheet to make beronath’s fury strong. Aim for like 32k minimum.

Try to cap soul harvest & lethal assault as much as possible, only put bone harvest as 1 pointer as you want to go all out in auto-attack. For exclusive skills, don’t underestimate harbinger of souls, I’d rather pick it than master of death as OA/DA source is not that hard to get.

Also, replace your amulet, the blue beronath amulet should be better. For relic, you can get nemesis, or the general good relic like mogdrogen’s ardor.

Your devotion is not bad. If you have sufficient OA, bind blizzard to one of your high % chance WPS, if not bind it to beronath’s fury. I’m still learning to make an efficient devotion map though, so others may be able to help you more.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi guys. Came back after further reading and testing and I just wanted for your opinion to know if I’m getting anywhere near close to what I should be in terms of item choices, skillplans and such. Here’s what I could came up with based on all the suggestions I received till now. Further info, advice and criticism is welcomed. Best regards!

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYDE67Z

Too lazy to do it out, but I would suggest:

1. Using 3/4 korba set. The set bonus is too good. Heck, I’d even run with a full korba set personally to get more points into savagery.
  2. Ellena’s necklace is probably BiS (it’s another green one)
  3. You’re lacking attack speed (look to components)
  4. Silver sentinel shoulders are BiS for sure
  5. I also wonder if nidalla’s outbreak may be better here because it gives waaaaay more relevant skill points than EoTS despite the nice flat damage.

EDIT: I’m assuming you use GDstash (welcome to the party, homie). I would swap out the of frostbite suffix with ‘of fury.’ You can easily get 30% more
attack speed which in turn translates into 30% more DPS.

SECOND EDIT: Before I forget - m. alkamos rings + chilling grips of hagablah are BiS as well. You can get ~66% pierce to cold conversion with GG rolls. And why is that important? Because maxing out dual blades is a must.