[1.0.6.0] Faceroll aether Battlemage & Death Knight (no MI, s&b, cdr, 25min gladiator)

And Death Knight has permanent Spectral Wrath for physical RR.
Why the world has to be so cruel?!

Looks like a great build but I have a couple of questions

1-are any changes needed to accommodate patch 1.0.4 or is this build the same and just as effective?

2-How does this build handle itself if u r playing self found? I wont go to crucible without bis but can it reliably clear ultimate campaign and farm for its own gear specially krieg’s set which is near the end of ultimate?

1. I cannot confirm that this works for all pieces of Krieg’s set, but you can farm the chest and the headpiece in normal if you’re level 75+. This is how I found them.

I’m not entirely sure about the rest of the pieces. People seem to say you can get them the same way (normal, if you’re at least level 75) but I haven’t gotten any other piece in my runs.

For gladiator crucible levels 100-150 everything is the same. 150-170 is absolutely different story. This was one of the most powerful builds in the whole game, full faceroll until new crucible came out. Now it will require at least a super defensive devotion setup probably with permanent overguard to even try new stuff, thats now misanthropic it is.
For now I suggest to end crucible run intentionally on wave 150 and take your reward of 8 legendaries until we will figure out how to deal with new stuff.

It does ok, it is soldier after all. But death knight, which has the same exact playstyle, gear and devotions is easier to level. There is one in my compilation thread.

thanks for the answers guys but i have a very stupid question…where in crown hill exactly is Valaxteria ?

She is in the doorway on the left side of the shrine. She is always there unless you trigger her to move out into the fight.

Weird. I’d think this does very well with just Blitz+CT+Krieg skill into time dilation, repeat then kite till cd. With a few modifications this will still be a reliable build, imo.

is there a particular central resource where i can find where every piece of gear in the game drops from which enemy exactly?

@Zhuugus - would you say the Battle Mage is stronger than the Death Knight? I leveled up one of those cause I wanted to see how the necro skills helped the s&b soldier build. Is arcane a better mastery for soldier with Krieg’s Set?

http://www.grimtools.com/db/

If the item lists “Dropped from: _____” down at the bottom it drops from that specific monster. If it lists a blueprint it may require crafting but might also drop randomly. Otherwise it can drop from anything of high enough level. Needless to say new players are advised to use builds that don’t require specific sets or items unless those items can be easily, reliably farmed from particular mobs.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I tried it with other chars and it is totally inhuman and misathropic. So I have doubts, but we’ll see.

No. For waves 100-150 they are roughly the same. Haven’t tried any of them in 150-170 yet.

well i just got the boots on elite so at least u dont need ultimate for that…got a couple of chest pieces off krieg but not the other part…nothing off Valaxteria though

Facerolling continues! I managed to adjust the build so it can clear gladiator 150-170 reliably under 25 min with 2 blessings. Also added the death knight version, who is a twin brother with the same gameplay, same gear and nearly the same devotions.

I was living real life here, celebrating New Year and stuff. Forgive me people! :smiley:

Real life?? What the mythical thing you are talking about :smiley:

For the death knight build, is there a reason you don’t put a value point into Fighting Form, Zolhan’s, and Necrotic Edge? With all the +class skills it seems like it would make the AoE better for very little cost – just taking a point or two from Reaping Strikes and Mark of Torment, probably.

Well, I’m impressed that the superdefensive devotions work well. I tried my original suggestion of keeping hourglass and making the skills more defensive instead and it resulted in a severe lack of damage, to my surprise. Good thing this worked well.

These are negligible. Main AoE is Blitz. Fighting Form - sure, whatever. Zolhan’s and Necrotic Edge are bad because you can’t proc 2 different skills at the same time. I’d rather prefer to proc Markovian or Reaping Strike because they are actually useful.

I’ve tried a lot of different versions and concluded that superdefensive devotions are the best choice for any melee in 150-170. As a melee you take a lot more damage than a kiting caster, so the scheme where you engage with blitz+callidor+krieg’s wrath, reset them with houtglass and then kite simply does not work. Besides, you don’t have passive regen to be able to kite.
Of course compared to the original version we lose about 30% damage output, but on the other hand we gain like 300% more durability. Totally worth it!

But with the way WPS work, as long as you’re under 100% total they won’t actually make Markovian or Reaper proc any less, they’ll just proc instead of regular attacks. And having those attacks be multi-target means you’ll be getting extra rolls for your On Hit effects and your Cadence-bound devotion. Just seems worth the points is all.