[1.0.6.0] Radaggan Apostate- Dual Wielding Gargabol

I have been trying to build an Apostate build for some time that uses Aura of Censure and have never been happy with the results. With the new Radaggan set I dusted her off and got cracking- and I’m happy with the results.

Even though I built it as a DoT caster it’s a fairly sturdy build that can face tank all of the old nemesis and Aleksander, and can kill Kaba and Grava’Thul easily enough, just need to run around a little now and then. Have downed Lokarr several times consistently, but the fight is engage while Mak of Torment is up drop lots of DoTs and then run around throwing runes on the floor and engage once you have access to potions or Mark again. Can’t quite just sit and face tank. On the plus side you can drop almost all your spells while in motion, so moving around isn’t really an issue and Aura of Censure nukes most of the screen causing item procs to go off regularly. Gargabol and the new kraken are also relatively easy. As for crucible- It’s not my thing but I’m sure given how it’s preformed here someone could make a few adjustments and it could work.

Grim Tools Link

Some Build Notes

There is a lot of RR- 25% on Aura of Censure, 42% on Spectral wrath, 25% on Will of Rattosh, 30% on Ill Omen, and 15% on the ring. Most of that goes up quickly and reliably.

The greens aren’t necessary or BiS, I’m working with what I had from a previous build that I had put some time into. Physical resistance is hard to come buy for this, so take it where you can get it, but having experimented with items like Boots of Ill Omen, Handguards of Justice, and Harmony leggings I can tell you that it’s not the end of the world if you can’t find some. Those worked decently as well as a few other more common items.
Here is link with no greens that works ok- GrimTools

Damage output is decent- Can’t tell you what is ticking what, but average crits go up around 20K, something regularly ticks at 40K and the occasional 70K+ crit isn’t that uncommon.

With the duration mods on the guns your dots can stick around for a bit and continue to do some decent damage. Even being halfway across the screen you can keep applying new stuff via Aura of Censure as well. Generally all the trash mobs die as you run through any given area.

Skill Notes
Aura Of Censure- It’s easy to max, though your relevant RR from it is set at 25 regardless of level. The damage from it isn’t huge, but the damage reduction helps.

Ill omen- Normally not a big fan of the skill, but it works really well for a build set up to gun things downa dn do almost as much damage from afar as up close. It works great when you tie it to Will of Rattosh and the 30% RR it gets from the guns is great.

I’m not 100% sold on siphon souls, but the debuff from blood boil is great.

Rune of Kaistor- This is your best targeted damage and needed to bring down anything with serious hitpoints. Works well in combo with DoT kiting as you can run mobs right over it.

Devotions
I’m content with what I’m using, but I’ve had some that created more burst damage while giving less defense and I felt made the build a bit squishy. Fissure would be nice, as would Fetid Pool or Meteors. In the end I think Will of Rattosh is a must and I really like the strength of Hungering Void.

Bindings
Will of Rattosh-> Ill Omen
Wendigo’s Mark-> Word of Pain
Twin Fangs-> Reaping Strike (not thrilled with this)
Hungering Void-> Siphon Souls
Aetherfire-> Rune of Kalastor

Really enjoy this build and sure it can be improved. Even in this state though I find it my favorite to play (despite other builds I have being a bit stronger) and is very fast and effective in campaign. Hope ya’ll enjoy.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=609489#post609489

And nice build, ofc :slight_smile:

Indeed.
I’ve adjusted.
Thanks

Oh, this day has come, the Gods are heard our prayers and now we got a build that uses this pistol. Hallelujah!

Jokes aside - interesting concept.

Thanks. Yeah I’ve normally dual wielded Decree of Malmouth or paired it with an offhand like Valguur’s Focus. With the Radaggan set I really like the pistols more for all the additional decay and the ability goes off very regularly with Aura of Censure, which does some decent damage.

Getting two of those damn things to drop however I think took me almost 200 runs I suspect. On the plus side at least you can farm them as opposed to being at the mercy of an increasingly large world drop list.