[1.0.6.1] Blazerush Elementalist

Greetings to all who read.
I’m not one for posting builds but I thought I’d share as I have yet to come across such a toon.

I present to you a fire damage based elementalist using Firestike + Upheaval.

Inspiration for this build came from the Natures Avengers Set (which I also have & thoroughly enjoy) & the Blazerush 2H Mace (Recipe from Covens Faction).
With a spare toon & items laying about I thought I’d give it a try.

Boy does he hit hard!

CHARACTER SHEET

GRIMTOOLS LINK
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLzl36N

GENERAL INFORMATION

Firstly, for those of you who may not know, the Blazerush item converts all lightning damage on Upheaval to fire damage, as well as buffs the %weapon damage by 60%. Upheaval combined with Explosive Strike provides great AoE and fire power.
This toon does a surprising amount of damage with over 300k in campaign.

Now I’m not one who’s particularly fond of crucible but I can assume this toon would perform reasonably well in good hands (points at fluff ;)).

There is plenty of -RR (Wind devils, thermite Mines, Eldritch Fire Devotion, Viper Devotion & Elemental Storm Devotion).

Some resistances are hard to cap notably Aether & Chaos (See toon sheet above). The stun resistance at roughly 60% (give or take roles) is reasonably acceptable.

I recommend crafting the Blazerush Item at angrim for his %Armor bonus. My weapon currently has 17%

As mush as I’d like to use the ignaffars Combustion relic, the Korvaaks Deception relic is fantastic ticking all the boxes for damage, OA, DA, Resistances & +1 to demolitionist skills. Blazing charge is a great gap closer & hits hard, with over 100k hits common.

Stormcaller’s pact is used solely for Crit (40% at 14/12) with a total of 84% on the toon.

Most of the items, augments, components, devotions & devotion bindings can be seen in the grimtools link above.

IN CLOSING

Although this toon is young (only a few hours of actual playtime with this setup) it may be possible to squeeze a little more out of him & so I’ll continue with further testing. All constructive feedback is also welcome.

All in all though, a great toon.

Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

(P.S. The greens are genuine!)

Try it with Savagery, it skyrockets the Upheaval and Feral Hunger much better than Fire Strike.
Example.

Thanks Veretragna. Interesting Idea & would agree considering Savagery’s %weapon damage. Will have to try it out.

Thanks Veretragna. Interesting Idea & would agree considering Savagery’s %weapon damage. Will have to try it out.
I do wish Firestrike had a smidgen more %weapon damage.

Novadays Firestrike shines with Archon’s Warmaul, Blazerush is more suited for Savagery

IIRC I’ve also seen a neat fire cadence warder using Blazerush.

As for Firestrike I think Sharzul was better than Blazerush even before Archon buff.

Interesting you mention. I am in the process of leveling a commando with focus on Archons Warmaul + Zolhans Technique (w Conduit of Warring Whispers).
Obviously, purifier would be awesome here aswell, but was keen to test ZT in conjunction with Archons.

A rough GT build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeOzad2

Rings could be changed for elemental balance but need resists.

Fire Cadence! Looks like fun one. Do you have a link?

It took some time.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=644157&postcount=7

Hm, it will perform good with some adjustments but I highly doubt it will live in Crucible.
Thanks anyway!

If you expected it to be on par with avenger or PS ultos I’d say it was rather naive of you :rolleyes:
Why do you think this build won’t make it in crucible if your 2H cold and 2H aether can?

There was a time when Blazerush had +3 to Deadly Momentum instead of +2 to shaman, so Cadence was part of the original design. It took a step away from it recently towards Savagery setup, but since most other things in Shaman are lightning the item is still in a weird position.

My Cold Cadence could make it because extra 35 cold rr :slight_smile: Aether was good too due to insane heal and lifesteal, but its rr doesn’t allow it to clear crucible in 12 minutes. Here I see no rr and no sustain, so most probably it’s no.

i am kinda %95 sure this weapon will be better on fire strike than savagery, people always underestimate how strong fire strike and savagery is imo… in most situations they are far better than cadence :slight_smile:
just use fire strike and savagery line as booster for phys res and da oa aspeed…

with some adjustments this build will be raping rolling crucible btw, i dont know why you think it cant finish crucible, i kinda feel that it can go down even 9 mins :slight_smile:

NOTE: my bad if you talk about fire discord cadence… i doubt about cadence warder aswell maybe baby doable.

1- going over more than 10 pts in thermite mine is meh, you spent 12 pts leave it to 10 or 8, after lvl 10 it gives %1 rr which is meh…

2- dont go over 11 pts in vindictive flame. you spent 12… 11 is fine.

3- change glove component to attack speed one, you want more and you dont need psn or bleed res from there… 20 da is okish but ill take aspeed there.

4- 1 pt into maelstorm on wdevil part, its pretty much needed to spread its RR in wide area…

5- do not spend your pts to temper + mog pact… i know you convert phys to fire and you wanna benefit from them.
but in reality putting more pts to explosive strike will give far better result, its flat phys scales X2 more than mog pact and temper…
so keep in mind that, if you wanna get more flat fire from your skills, explsoive strike > mog + temper

6- i dont like ulzuins wrath on melee builds unless you are pure vindictive flame reteliator or caster… you can save 1 pt from there.

7- try to get savagery line and use it like lethal assault buff… %8 phys res, oa da slow res some aspeed and hp regen is so huge…

finally, i hate giving ideas about people’s guides but imo this skill tree will result far better result than your current one… you may try and hopefully see improvement…

grimtools -> https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jKa9vV

Thanks for the tips Feelgodstoya. Have taken into account & the build has been adjusted.

Cheers

Heh, I looked at this and saw that I have been experimenting with a slightly tweaked but similar style of build . It seems I’ve been following on your heels.

It’s really fun to play

Anyways, I’ve been experimenting with a variant of this with Demo/Occult. Similar idea with Occ for RR and some %PhysR. a more-burn-focused weapon, most of the same Justice set, and a similar devotion idea. .

I found the Korvac’s relic not long ago (finally!) and couldn’t resist experimenting with Blazing Charge. I had been using melee more and more…except that I did swap to ranged at times for easier kite of some of the more dangerous hitters, such as second-form-Gargabol, Grava, and Lokaar. (Stutter-step with a controller is a pitha).

-couple of suggestions:

-You could use a Kymon’s Medal [Stalwart of and of readiness/defense] for quite a bit of extra DA. I’m just guessing the DA would be more helpful in things like Crucible. Medals are easy to swap in and out and Kymons is a guaranteed find (vendor). Kymon’s also has free chaos%R - if that matters.

-Consider Oleron’s blood on the weapon. 20% dmg reduction really helps staying power, especially since you have good armor and you seem to be focused more on non-dot and face-tank. I don’t think the loss of the %component is going to make a huge damage loss, considering your already high % boost. Since your apr is 2.56@FS 128% and Oleron’s bonus is 3.55x, you might actually gain damage with it, certainly on crit. - I could be wrong as I’m just estimating and not adding in the whole FS line.
Note that it is another button to hotkey…so that could influence your choice.

-Assigning devotion procs can be done at any time, so it is a bit flexible for play style. Yours will vary as you have Feral in the Mix and might be already optimal.
My newest test is:
Elemental Storm->blazing charge (85?% proc) As a comparision, when ES is on my weapon it has 25%, which means @3x apr ~58% proc on first round, single target.
Meteor Shower->oleron’s might (this has same exact CD and 100% proc). Oleron’s Blood is on the weapon for 2 reasons: burn stack of wpn dmg and 20% DR.

Standard practice (one-two punch kind of game play):
-charge
-Oleron’s the most dangerous boss/hero
-then depending on whether inside group or not–various actions -in my case and at this point the target usually has a fair amount of burn stacked…so maybe kite, maybe tank.

Blazing charge is impressive for kite and clears. I’ve mostly been testing in the Grove for trash clear speed and using it on Gargabol (face-tank to 1/2 second form then charge/kite a few times for kill). It can potentially be used for extraction from bad/surrounded situations, as well as doing fair damage and fast hopping. Should be fun if the next xpac has a timer angle.

Heh, I looked at this and saw that I have been experimenting with a slightly tweaked but similar style of build . Mark Twain was on point here (No such thing as a new idea) as seems I’ve been following on your heels.

Anyways, I’ve been experimenting with a variant of this with Demo/Occult. Similar idea with Occ for RR and some %PhysR with a more-burn-focused weapon. 3/4 of the same gear. It’s really fun to play.

I found the Korvac’s relic not long ago (finally!) and couldn’t resist experimenting with Blazing Charge. I had been using melee more and more…except that I did swap to ranged at times for easier kite of some of the more dangerous hitters, such as second-form-Gargabol, Grava, and Lokaar. (Stutter-step with a controller is a pitha).

-couple of suggestions:

-You could use a Kymon’s Stalwart of and of readiness/defense for quite a bit of extra DA. I’m just guessing the DA would be more helpful in things like Crucible. Medals are easy to swap in and out and Kymons is readily available. Kymon’s also has free chaos%R - if that matters.
-Consider Oleron’s blood on the weapon. 20% dmg reduction really helps staying power, especially since you have good armor and you seem to be focused more on non-dot and face-tank. I don’t think the loss of the %component is going to make a huge damage loss, considering your already high % boost. - I could be wrong.

-Assigning devotion procs can be done at any time, so it is a bit flexible for play style. Yours will vary as you have Feral in the Mix and might be already optimal.
My newest test is:
Elemental Storm->blazing charge (85?% proc)
Meteor Shower->oleron’s might (this has same exact CD and 100% proc). Oleron’s Blood is on the weapon for 2 reasons: burn stack of wpn dmg and 20% DR.

Standard practice (one-two punch kind of game play):
-charge
-Oleron’s the most dangerous boss/hero
-then depending on whether inside group or not–various actions -in my case and at this point the target usually has a fair amount of burn stacked…so maybe kite, maybe tank.

Blazing charge is impressive for kite and clears. I’ve mostly been testing in the Grove for trash clear speed and using it on Gargabol (face-tank to 1/2 second form then charge/kite a few times for kill). It can potentially be used for extraction from bad/surrounded situations, as well as doing fair damage and fast hopping. Should be fun if the next xpac has a timer angle.

I had the same idea some times ago. I started to play with Grim Tool but could not find a good way of doing it. Because the weapon is screaming “Fire”, while the whole Shaman tree says Lightning. Savargery is better than Fire Strike for 2-handers and WPS, Brute Force is a monster but again you should go Lightning. And in this game, I think that mixing 2 damage types is not the best way to go…

Your build is strong. No doubt about that. But my feeling is this is just another traditional Fire/2-handers/Justice set build. Of course it will work.

Sorry if I sound grumpy. I mean no offense, just sharing my thoughts :smiley:

I would love to hear about this. My first toon was a pyro and I can’t find a way to make it shine. I have been pretty unlucky with the drops, but I feel sometimes that without Darkblaze, life is tough for pyromancer. Too squeashy for melee, despite great damage potential thanks to Fire based damage. So prove me wrong please!

I had a thread about it (here). We could continue this discussion there if you want, or you could start your own thread to share your build with us.