[1.0.6.1] Deathmarked Jim, the reaper's Reaper

once again, special thanks goes out to Sir Spanksalot for help and discussion on the build

Deathmarked Jim, the reaper’s Reaper

reap1

he may be marked for death, but aren’t we all?
he can freeze enemies before they can say ‘popsicle’ and their life is his for the taking!

reap2

I present to you this fine reaper, strong defenses and an even stronger offense to boot
fast, tanky, but still mostly a caster
it makes use of reaper’s mark’s RR, as well as the RR from rumor and elemental storm, it also uses the skill from Shard of Beronath for extra damage potential
the way this plays is by casting ABB-Reaper’s Mark-BH-Ill Omen, supported by the healing power of PB
also for defense it makes use of SS and/or MoT if needed followed by RoS, because of its fumble chance

pro’s:

• massive RR
  • strong defenses (mostly overcapped resists, 40% stun res, 3.4k DA, 100% AA, 46% phys res)
  • a ton of damage
    reap3
  • high survivability/near immortality if piloted right

cons:

• requires some practice in piloting

=GRIMTOOLS=

youtube evidences

HUGE improvement in piloting skills. Well done!

EDIT: Dat 30k flat damage doe.

I like the name, “Deathmarked Jim”. I would change some stuff especially if you have access to gdstash. Does it need to be that defensive? It feels like a good Main Campaign farmer, I would do it all-offensive for that reason.

Curious…what would you change?

I will look at it tomorrow. But it feels like more can be squeezed out of it. I might be wrong, because Deathmarked set is currently in a weird place.

I like the name, “Deathmarked Jim”. I would change some stuff especially if you have access to gdstash. Does it need to be that defensive? It feels like a good Main Campaign farmer, I would do it all-offensive for that reason

of course some stuff can probably be min-maxed, I do plan to level this normally though, and for that GDstash is basically out of the question
that said, my test toon is indeed GDstashed
I’m not a crucible player myself but I think it would be neat if it could handle the higher crucible waves, also, I do have SR in the back of my mind for this

if this were for MC as well as crucible and SR, would you still think it too defensive?

I wouldn’t know about SR though I’m sure plenty of people here could answer that. :rolleyes:

You know what annoys me the most about this build?

The fact that I can’t figure out how to get 18/8 execution.

My ocd is going nuts. :rolleyes:

It would be fine stat wise for Crucible but I doubt it would work well, because of class/set limitations. I changed my mind about trying to optimize it, it just seems to me that Deathmarked Reaper is not going to be Infiltrator/Trickster/Blademaster level autoattacking beast because of the class combo/gear limitations. So I think your draft is fine, you can of course twinkle some stuff in it.

EDIT: Also, I found overcapping Execution extremely overrated when I was min-maxing my Belgothian Infiltrator. Once you get your wps to soft cap or respectable level it’s the last thing you want to dump spare points into, imo

First of all…“Hello Jim” xD. Second, Really like the build but I think this could be squeezed a lot further. Other than that, it really looks eye candy. Gg

What would you do differently?

Can’t actually test this right now since i’m at work but I would replace the boots with some stoneplates for their damage proc and extra stun res, and I would probably add some points to reaping strike for extra leech, probably would ditch leviathan constelation for hungering void for the extra crit damage. Just a general opinion.

I’d be surprised if that yielded more DPS, but can’t validate my stance with any empirical evidence. Just intuition. :rolleyes:

Wouldn’t be surprised if I was wrong though.