[1.0.6.1] DW Cold Melee&Hybrid Infiltrator - Gladiator 150 170 in 9-10 mins

Intro

hi again :rolleyes:
with AoM, i started GD again on holiday time yay !! with fresh empty chest and it took some time to gather this char around since i have 1 million build ideas per day. *hi jov + fluff + drizzto + cthon :stuck_out_tongue: *

but cold melee hybrid chars are always my main as former spellbreaker fangay, first it was pure melee -> than pbwhich is GOD actually then i decided to play around cold traps didnt like playstyle then finally merged melee and runes together on super strong build which is easy to build and fun to play.

Build Basics
its actually simple melee dual wield swinger cold nightblade, which converts flat pierce damage to cold around some items.

first i designed this girl as pure melee which i farmed all content with what i found on the road + faction gear then pure melee braindead click click playstyle bored me and decided to add some sauce to build.btw i still play main campaign as pure melee LUL since its faster

then i tried to use cold rune as massive DA debuffer. which was serving great then i decided to jump crucible, and everybody knows that i hate and never play crucible… and some waves gave me some trouble since i didnt have godly gear and dont think i will farm… i decided to cut melee part a bit and focus more on hybrid style.

so basic playstyle is, jump with shadow strike drop seal drop cold bomb and swing your daggers… which is actually working wonders.
finally if you want to go pure melee it requires more focus and clean sheet rate on crucible is 6-7/10no matter godly player you are

with this finalized setup i finish glad crucible with just blessings*1hp blessing is enough,2 is faster, 4is for chaining* no banners around 9 to 10 mins depending on my focus and waves spawns 9/10 time.i am pretty sure some runs were under 8.10 to 8.20

Grimtools for crucible
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7M4A6N , not something set in stone, you are tailor here… i dont think build needs that much da but w/e i have absurd boss damage so i dont mind low OA here as being oa whore. build has all resist maxd in game 45 stun res which is fine.

Grimtools for main campaign
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLzPBMN , belgothian relic is just for farming bosses and jump around faster, use ignaffar relic for main gameplay. again not set in stone you are tailor here move pts around for your needs. all resist maxd in game.

ProS

High RR with no casting
-30 to 40 RR from night’s chill, -30 35 RR from Aura of Censure, ignaffar relic 10, -14 from weps, - 23 from rumor = min -107 RR
-32 OR -15 from wep*plague whichever procs, -122 RR min -139 RR max
-%15 from augment
best part of our RR is its kind automatic which is huge bonus for melee smooth playstyle imo.

High DA without bullshit da cheezing method
3025 flat DA + 226 OA shred from procs 3250 reliable DA potential 3.3k
-130 OA from veil
-96 for rumor
-70 from seal of ann which is not %100 reliable
note: on main campaign i have 2.7k DA which is enough for anything actually its even enough for crucible but w/e lazy to farm pots before changing to pb… so id say 2.750da is fine for you… dont go under tho

Good Single Target Burst
both pure melee Or hybrid
Campaign Or Crucible
bursts single targets pretty much insta, especially class combo has dmg to MORE dmg to humans and cthonians high oa spikes crit and high RR, Da shred etc… you can even change body armor component to add dmg to undead and finish the combo.

Easy to lvl + Easy to Gear
no crazy mi or super hard unqs to run this build… i started fresh chest with just faction gear reliably and slowly farmed SoT, BoCfaster and started beast dungeon with trash daggers. none of the item i have is core or must to run build, tho i would say i pretty much love shoulders and call them BIS for the build.
super easy to lvl with word of pain + elemental storm proc then cold rune aswell.

Awesome Layer of Defences
%35 dodge
%53 deflect
12-13k life which is fine for main campaign, 11.8k life on crucible setup cause of hp buff and its more dmg oriented
Aura of Censure -> %20 enemy dmg reduction CHEEEZE
Super high DA
Decent phys res 15-20
1700 armor with %92 absorb which is weak part of this char can be upgradable
freeze and slow from procs
maxd seal dmg absorb
%23 fumble chance
2 insta heals + blade barrier + ghoulish hunger proc
decent life steal

Good Aoe Clear for Melee build

reason to go rune and hybrid playstyle… this build has good aeo clear

Cons

End Game Gear kinda boring to farm
fuck yeah alkamos rings man… prep yourself and sanity to go SoT min 80 to 100 times… for maximizing this run always go solael area then go SoT… good rolled solael pants can be Bis for the build aswell…

also getting good rolled chillstrife dagger can be hard tho i find it more managable than alkamos shit… cause farming pattern for dagger is MOST efficient farming pathing on the game.
go ugdenbog portal, run up

• farm 1 witch topside of portal
  • then go down from portal you will find 1 or 2 wendigo unq bosses which drops wendigo spirit and tons of unqs and there are tons of rare bosses nearby
  • then step upto kra’val area farm that
  • go ahead down for witch den farm her
  • you can find kupa on the way , check spawn points
  • proceed to ancient groove

Low Armor
build has low armor with %92 armor absorb but i never felt any issue vs phys dmg… on glad crucible i facetanked 2 iron maiden + 1 fabius without moving or using pot, same for kupa you can facetank kupa sitting under blood pool, grava and such.
i would love to get +2k armor with build seems dmg trade off is not worth it…

easy trick: get shield wall and done…

Items Explained & Replacements
Helm
i went for cheap blue item here which i find common drop with %4DA + pierce res and 1 both class skills. i got this helm so early tried to upgrade it but dont think its worth to upgrade this
-clairvoyant head awesome solves mana issue of build
-ravagers helm awesome - tho i didnt like it
-silver sentinel set helm- completes set awesome bonus and such but +1 all skills hard to give up, prolly 2nd choice to go

Chest&Shoulder
yet again common drops, shoulder is CORE of build and BIS. armor has +250 hp 2 high Res + phys res +%10 dmg to cthonics , set bonus gives +25 aether chaos res…
i dont think breaking 2 bonus of set worth it, esp shoulder converting flat acid of lethal assault to cold and flat psn from wep + merciless repertoire to frostburn. which is key

• i was using rare arcanist chest before finding this with hp and high res, i dont think any other chests beat this rare with shoulders… rimetongue chest has high %oa and hp maybe baby

Pants
they are really great… this item drops pretty often, i even got blueprint one of my crucible runs… covers spirit need of daggers, +1k hp, dodge, chaos res, +100 cunning to boost oa…
good roll solael pants might be good option, i didnt find anything good yet.
grava mi’s, dreeg’s for more oa, any rare which suits build…i would love to get hp + resist from this slot to move more pts into cunning and such.
not core of build go any with hp res cold dmg etc.
- proc of really great pants greatly reduces your crucible finish timer… interesting thing to note btw for this speed maniacs.

Boots
any item with hp stun resist and some more resist. MOOAR Resist :slight_smile:
it took +1200 craft to get stonehide of kings, its not worth time investment imo… use stormtitan boots and call the day and change augments and components.

Amulet
we are in AoM but amulet i use EVERY single build is same, +1 all skills +100 oa + crit… how to beat that ?
beronath amulet for +1 skill aspeed works till peerless fine, rare amulet with hp and such. long time i used yellow amulet with +100 oa and some resist to mimic peerless.

Rings
fu alkamos rings… hard to farm, long way to reach SoT even with shadow strike eh. still BIS for build,
reign of ice and fire - craftable speed and oa + crit + some trap bonus
old alkamos rings
coven sky seal %4oa %4da, i used them till i complete set… prolly best and most underrated faction item in game to me.
any rare or epic ring with aspeed cold damage, nightscorn for %15 pierce to cold etc

Relic
ignaffars combustion pretty much bis, -%10 rr and aspeed. i dont care rest stats, da is welcomed aswell
i am using belgothians for main campaign to reset shadow strike for boosting farming speed
nemesis relic is awesome aswell
mog ardor, +1 stats hp total speed yey
i used deathchill for looooong loong time and its underrated for this build till ignaffar to me

Belt
spellbreaker waistguard is bis, if you dont have anything that gives +1 inq skills.
worst case scenario, valbury bosses drops some sick belts i used for long long time tho i hate to farm valbury without being arcanist ‘null me bro cleanse me’

Medal
undying oath, MoD for circuit breaker
i used ghetto crafted yellow watchers eye with high oa + stun res and some other stats

Weapons
chillstrife’s are so so hard to beat, i am sided with order so i cant reliable farm malkadar and i dont like transferring items from other chars like this.
tho chillstrifes has aether RES , oa , +nights chill bonus -7 rr, i am not sure any godly malkadar can beat decent rolled daggers tbh…

any chillstrifes with cold damge, aspeed… !! farming gonna be a bit painfull but like i said, farming pattern is amazing with tons of loots aswell and not boring to me.

any sword daggers with flat cold damage, aspeed works fine for build. even flat psn ones are ok cause of shoulders imo. Nex sword has okish damage and cool proc for build can be used. tho i dont have it.

why you have psn plaguebearer chillstrife, well i couldnt find good one after 1million runs yet… but i got many godly light and fire ones… rng sux sometimes, tho this enables 1 good trick for build.

• you can remove rhowans crown entirely with this prefix and save some points, but i couldnt cause of elemental resist chaos resist and spirit from constellation… feel free to tailor around
  • for elite go for kymons max their faction buy all augments X min 20 :slight_smile: then switch to order for ultimate is what i did, and you can do vice versa and farm malkadar wep easier btw.

Playstyle

1. jump on with shadow strike middle of pack - elemental storm
  • i am not entirely sure its best to bind elemental storm to ss, ring of steel seems better but you always open with shadow strike tho test yourself
  1. use ring of steel for freezing pack and proc whirlpool and fumble chance
  2. ABB for oa and flat dmg buffs +beronaths fury for smack downs rumor bind to this
  3. seal first then cold rune IF NEEDED… i just use these vs bosses like sharzul and such strong bosses
  4. repeat
    – dont forget to keep your buffs and heals, try to chain them on crucible and not panic and use both same time*requires sometime to get used to
    – blade barrier to save your ass from nasty moments.

for campaign to boost farm speed, use belgothian relic and ignore trash, just jump pack to pack till you see rare enemy.

Bosses

Alexander, prolly dies under 3 5 secs… dodge meteor with blade barrier incase… his pants are cool but i hate spawn points of him

Kupa, you can tank him under his pools without potting even after he splits to 4… so i dont mind him at all… he always drops shitty pants to me aswell

Grava, same as above dies in 5 6 secs max or less… dont go far away he purges your auras. sometimes he hits like truck which procs ghoul… you need min 12k 12.5k hp for these moments min… rarely happens but i called it !
dmg to cthonics nuff said

i can upload small portion of my crucible run with 2 iron maiden + 1 fabius same spot no pots facetanked so i skip these guys. ez as pie
dmg to humans nuff said

Crucible

-i dont use banners for crucible, i dont even know which banner does what so, feel free to use them and build tactics around them. no idea this part

Blessings

for 110-150 you just need hp blessing which is empyrions guidance, %60 hp buff

150 to 170 you again need 1 blessing, same hp buff
150 170 if you wanna chain 2 wave in a row, get all blessing and reduce your timer which i find worth it, but technically you are fine with hp buff and maybe baby dmg +oa bufff which is amatok…

some bosses you need to be carefull
1- rashalga mad queen, she dies extremely fast but she is still dangerous even with %53 projectile dodge…i never died to her but i got some close calls when i yolo’d.
best strat is, shadow strike unleash your full combo -> wait for ss time -> repeat and kite abit for better safe than sorry… try not to mess with her when she has her red aura aswell :rolleyes:

2- zantarin, his vita leech nova is super dangerous for melee toons… he raises his hand up before that shotgun spell and repeat it twice…
always play safe vs this guy, died to him once yoloing around middle of shadow strike animation and lesson learnt. play safe wait for nova spell and burst him down. dies super fast again… yolo if you want but not worth it. you are warned

3- kupa + 1, grava mainly, maybe reaper
well this is hard to explain, he is super ez when he is alone… but if you try to tank or yolo kupa + grava you die %70 of the time… play safe and kite around… try to kill kupa first in any wave he spawns. always but always try to seperate kupa from other bosses is key about this guy.

4- reaper , you can tank 2 reaper at same time ez pz… but keep in mind that you cant tank kupa + reaper or some sort

last wave, kill AoM last boss as soon as possible before anestria cause so many issues… she reduces your resist a lot… and theodin slam dank actually deals so much dmg… whenever you see theodin going up, insta blade barrier… you can survive it but i never experienced the dmg of it or risk it LUL

rest bosses -> super YOLO, uber yolo i didnt find other bosses hard or caused me single propblem.

BIG NOTE, most of the time your clear with super cautious playstyle is 9 to 10 mins and i see no reason to rush… with super yolo style 8.30s are ez pz but reckless playstyle might cause you problems

• you need to remove really great pants for under 9 min runs… its proc confuses trash and you basically lose min 30 sec to 1 min running around for trash.

BIG NOTE 2, dont forget you are still DW melee guy which is not favorite char to farm glad crucible… you still need to play cautious and know what you are doing…it takes some time and getting used to playstyle for crucible…
esp you have so much things to spam and keep buffs up and kiterarely when its needed. so if you are new to GD feel free to play this char in main campaign its OP but not your FACEROLL GLAD farmer btw.

VIDEOS

Crucible final waves -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abS6JdAy5Wg&t=6s this is chill run not rushing stuff, i decided to record video and done it :slight_smile: and took 4 hours to complete guide as usual… lost in details

sorry for trash video quality, i havent recorded video since ages and fraps seems not recording more than 2 3 min videos with trash quality.feel free to give me advice for new recorder and compressor ty

i will add more video soon… pm me if you wanna see some bosses etc

laters for Faq

Good build, just now I realised that Okaine’s Lantern supports daggers and scepters as well as off-hands, lol.

EDIT: also, just 1,2k crafts to get Stonehide of Kings? Damn, you are lucky. Close to 4k crafts and still no such pair, and no Thunderstruck of Kings/Featherstep either.

Hi Stoya,

Nice Build!
Glad to see you come back :slight_smile:

Good one, my kinda build. :slight_smile:
Very similar to my starter AoM build, the nice thing about this kind of build is that you can get pretty good performance even when using 3 or 4 blues and mediocre weapons like Chilled/Alacrity on a decent MI base.
Damage is good and it can do 170 pretty comfortably, which is nice considering low barrier of entry.

Rings can be easily replaced with blue Alkamos ones too, the build can definitely use some more OA, and farming for the purple rings is a pain as it can easily take 100-300 runs to get both.
Especially now that Censure gives damage reduction, the Dreadfire proc is not as important as it used to be.

Hey Stoya:) Nice original concept, kinda pisses over poor DM

Hope you snoop around when FG comes

feelgodstoya lul :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Nice to see with new build :cool:

Looks awesome, great job with completing gladiator.

Think your devotion setup is not so optimized, I made some adjustments here:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b2834BpN

You gain Giant’s Blood and about 150DA from Wolverine, but lose out on some flat frostburn from Amatok. You can always drop Giant’s blood and pick up the lost Amatok nodes and you’ll still be ahead.

ty mate.

well i will mention your guide aswell when i have time to rewrite some stuff. we kinda play similar chars most of the time i realized long time ago, more nblades more dw more cold stuff :slight_smile:

i wanted to change rings to something else but i dont have any good green rings and my decent ones cant cope with alkamos ones.
also i dont have non unq alkamos rings and i have zero intention to enter SoT any time soon :slight_smile:

main campaign version has no oa issues but crucible ones using 105 physq which is pure overkill 70 35 cunning is way to go and it would fix oa abit. and you still reliably farm glad 170 anyway.

i will be here for sure, waiting for new things :stuck_out_tongue:

ty mate

ty

well you probably look crucible one. crucible one already has overkill DA and stats 105 phys which has to be 70 35cunning imo. melee nightblades doesnt need more than 2750 2.8k DA over it is pure overkill due to veil of shadows and rumor debuffs. and my hp is around 11.5k one crucible one since to farm glad 170 you want only 16 17k barrier hp which is 18 19k with blessing. last 6 7 runs i never see ghoul procd so you can cut some more hp. main reason that i dont get giants blood aswell. i mostly dont rate giants blood on melee toons where if its possible to sit and leech. those kind of devotions are more suited to casters to me.
on my campaign under 12, 12.5k hp is no go btw. when i had faction gear and greens etc i was running 13.5k hp with more armor from shield wall proc. then farmed my way to goodies and get greedy ofc :slight_smile:

like i always say, players are tailor when it comes to devotion and skill setup… feel free to move pts around and suit the build for yourself.

I have been building my first character to eventually end up with this build [1.0.5.1] S&B Cold Infiltrator - Rune of Hagarrd Frostburn Tank (unable to post link as this is my first post, and yes, that is a DW build and up to date.)
Could you tell me the main differences between your guys builds to know what direction I may want to sway?

Level 65 in elite leveling with Word of pain, any leveling tips would be helpful btw :slight_smile:

this will be my next build to try :smiley:

hope you will be successfull with your first char in GD :slight_smile:
i didnt change much till ultimate word of pain -> ele storm
spread pts to shadow strike and its frostburn part + rune of haggard
shadow strike drop rune run around was my boss killing strat same way for trash with 1 cold proc on ring of steel.

i have no idea why would you want shield on this build or any rune type build unless you convert all to physical with unq sword. but try both i dont think shield worth it on this char

That build is dw now. He initially had shield but some people convinced him to switch sides.

So I finally got to level 84 and swapped to this build for a Pain leveling build(Which honestly still owned really hard lol) And now my character really sucks. I am clearly doing something wrong but idk, i just do no damage. I waited till 84 to get the faction sword from malmouth that gave +2 to rune of haggard. Any advice?

I see you said you start with just faction gear, but that is really vague for someone like me who doesn’t know the game well.

Any thoughts on when to switch from Word of Pain and rune to standard build? I am at 74 just entering elite. Still going pretty strong but expect it to fizzle out here at some point. Just didn’t want to switch too early and limit myself. Thoughts?