[1.0.6.1] Gifts from Above, Eye Candy Devastation Mage Hunter

blessings + deadly aim up with 120 crit, %28 phys res + close to max all cc resist without ulo

GRIMTOOLS build tested in video

Teaser

>>Click 150-160 crucible test run first +150 try test Click<<

all my procs are lvl 6-10 even aetherfire and flametorrent, meteor lvl 8 etc… testing bunch of stuff before releasing guide, by no means final setup, had to test 1 million things to finalize it.
before making guides i generally record 3-5 crucible run videos and see build performance, just wanted to share early build up stage of new eye candy char i am planning to release soon…
sorry for music, radio from background since i didnt record this to put in guide :frowning:

guide will be ready today or tomorrow i hope

2nd SETUP on test, and kinda fail…

in town no buffs, +100 crit, %20 phys res %98 armor absorb nearly maxd cc res

click me>> grimtools << click me

finished 4/6 crucible 150 170 runs, died once to greedy mirror hiding habit thing which shouldnt happen in normal circumstances…
2nd death was on 163 wave i guess, acid retaliaton mode fucked me so hard :smiley: build has no form of sustain and these kind of mutators are hard to pass, 5/6 runs is huge success under 10 mins still ill work on final form… not %100 satisfied yet… need to find abit more sustain rather than good playstyle.

and i kinda feel no matter i will do this is build cant perform better than lets say CT, TSS druid or PB casters imo, but its insanely fun to play and visually pleasing.

lets see

Without Gt I can’t tell much but from what I can see it feels like you’re using TSS as secondary skill to devastation. Is it better than going CT? Or is it just because it fits the ‘gift from the sky’ theme?

my bad forgot to add grimtools, dont mind resist didnt fix augments… its tss + dual devastation + meteor shower with other procs and spells. CT maxd already…
dont know maybe seal, chillspikes, different rings, allagast set… i need to test some more stuff to be sure… lets see whats gonna be end game optimized setup…

Grimtools added, sorry i missed that…

Hmm. I see. I never thought you could afford maxing all three of devastation, CT and TSS like that. I’m interested seeing how this performs upto 170. The fire version of this by JoV was so optimized for no buff/banner clear so it was slow. This should be a lot faster but I’m kinda worried if reaper or someone gets that lucky crit on a 9.8k hp char with 2.7k DA.

well pure devastation no matter what you do is extremely slow playstyle perspective, you group up enemies and spam devastation- and out of my playstyle taste… i dont wanna wait and just spam devastation at all, cant resist waiting even with tiny downtime.

best performance i got till now was, CT on spam mode + devastation and sitting on seal… but i already played CT spam build…

storm box even with aetherfire proc perma good dmg, pretty meh skill with high investment.

Tss variant suits concept but missing something OR something i didnt satisfy yet dont know, we will see…

avoiding rune of haggard already.

oh btw, idc reaper at all or any hard hitter nemesis like iron maiden kupa fabio and such… they are pancakes… weirdly valdaran gives me trouble, esp if he spawns with alex…

i completed 6/7 runs till now with various setup, died once to 170 wave to benny lul ya benny… tho my bad i accidently clicked nullification instead of mirror… happens sometime when you have 1 million buttons to smash.

added 2nd setup, which is okish…

Play pure Allagast TSS no Devastation if you want to fell 100% involved. The super low CD of TSS and Box will keep you busy:p

missing chest piece to try full allagast but allagast will just be extremely pure version of any TSS druid, tho will result better and faster than pure devastation i am trying…

changed rings to judicators and made some small tweaks, clear time went worse :smiley: 11-13 min crucible finish time, and worst part is build has insanely TRASH single target dmg… people might think that how the hell devastation single target dmg sux? answer is, build lacks %aether dmg, i sit around %1600ish and going necro wont solve jackshit and also build lacks high RR…
meteor shower visually good but its dmg is jackshit aswell, you cant convert phys and burn part of proc, its only good vs trash and who cares trash anyway, goes on build has many problems. its like visual masturbation nothingelse at least to me :smiley:

finally this pure devastation is not worth even playing at least for me, i have 1 more magic thing to try before new build :eek:

I beg to differ

Didn’t really record time but that should be around 10 mins based on buff timer, give or take 30 seconds maybe. That’s my first time playing binder after 0.6 patch and it seriously is a lot stronger than ever. Didn’t even move a lot aside from 160/169/170 kiting. And that’s without TD.

I know this isn’t really on topic, but how does allagast’s set feel?

Is the bonus to storm box any good?

It’s good, even without Da stacking during the DA meta. But it feels like you’re playing keyboard smash instead of grim dawn with box having around 0.3s cooldown.

What’s the mechanics of stormbox like?

it says it has a 6 second duration, so wouldn’t the flat damage occur every second for 6 seconds?

What’s the benefit of spamming it? Is it just to use it as an auto attack replacer?

Well I don’t really know but one reason for sure is Lightning tether, though that’s limited toom

i tried something similar on binder aswell, with zero points in mot to see class difference…

abit stronger than magehunter defensively unless you dont use seal on magehunter ofc. so get seal and they are equal on defences aswell, maybe hunter wins here due to more nutural da+cc resist and heal on demand… even with mot i kinda think magehunter is overall better on defensive part anyway since there is an augment called kymon’s will exist in game… which makes decay 1sec dmg reduction pretty much nonsense on this VS…

i did like 4 or 5 runs similar setup to yours on both binder and magehunter all were over 10mins trick is just pushing %aether to over 2000. you can do same or better as magehunter aswell np.

my point was, going necro for 10 more RR and mot and %100 more aether dmg wont make miracles for this char. it will just make it 30sec or 1 min faster which i am not looking for.

on the other hand if we move on A tier caster with active playstyle and uber dmg and also maintain eye candy parts, this > all devastation setup i tried

no buffs in town, +94 crit dmg with dying god, %2650 aether dmg, %16 phys res etc…

• %20 dmg to humans, %12 dmg to undead + chthonics, %30 dmg to aetherials aswell…
  • get starpact for more devastation route playstyle, it kinda 1 min faster for crucible
  • -135 aether RR in ez apply, tons of oa da debuffs etc…

grimtooolsss

so if we look for efficiency which i should always, this guy kills fabius in 4 secs and finish crucible 7-8 mins depending on mutators, i went down 6.45ish in some runs aswell, kinda rare tho…

finally, i am not saying pure devastation all those shiny meteors is bad char… just not suits for my playstyle and slow to me…

That’s where I was wrong lol. You wanted below 7 mins clear while I just needed below 10. Only a few builds would be able to do that, though. And all well-supported ones. I can think of vit and cold PB (wh, infil), rune infil, lightning dagallon purifier, that binder above and ptiro’s binder. Good luck finding more of them.

Edit: about Kymon’s will. Wouldn’t that work only on weapon attacks? Which isn’t abundant if you’re not spamming CT. I know for a fact that things like essence of chthon’s % chance of RR works only during weapon attacks so I assume Kymon’s will too.

PS (with 2x glyph), Elemental FW, Potentially Korba. But baely under 7 min without shit mutators

Forgot about PS. Korba RoS or Malkadarr? Ros could consistently do below 8 for sure. Haven’t seen Malkadarr in a while. Also thought your FW was 8 mins?

RoS ofc:p (edit: and one of the most fun i’ve had btw) and consistently 7:30 imo.

Do not underestimate my lag, after Tora kindly tested stuff it’s easily ~1:30min penalty for me

Same for Arcanor. Tora got just under 7 min but but it’s not as reliable

actually there are many builds that potentially go 7 even 6 mins runs, some posted here some not… i dont mind crucible timer alot btw, devastation playstyle was just not for me, i am hyperactive person with hectic playstyle. many people dont like 4-5 button builds, i am fine with 10 buttons build and enjoy them more than others… some people like retaliation build, i wanna kill myself while even watching them etc…

you are right about kymons will augment, but its not so hard to apply with spear proc+flame torrent + any proc with wd + chaos strike and callidors…

for crucible finish time, its kinda what mutators you will get, and what mutators are bad for your char, which nemesis is hard for you, what nemesis combination you got on some waves like 160 170 etc matters most… %95 of time under 7mins finish time is not accurate call…

plus, i wouldnt call any korba build outside of fluffs RoS variant as an A tier char esp malkadar versions…

i like fluffs forcewave+ RoS trickster chars and my TSS druid + and ct/devastation variant i posted above as prolly A+ tier for crucibleor my favs due to mix type of dmg, aeo coverage, RR and debuff/buff defensive wise all covered. forgot to add, PS conjurers and druids, pb infltrators&whunters, cheeze of haggard builds aswell or many others anyway…