[1.0.6.1] Mage Rage Monster Dps - Chillspikes/Hagraad Mage Hunter *170 viable

Basically this is a concept extension from my chaos based chillspikes deceiver. The focus is on pure elemental damage, with extra cold shotgun/ da shred from rune of hagraad. This is one of the highest DPS build ive ever put together… and that’s saying something :smiley: Even after the nerf to flame torrent this build is a powerhouse. Defensively it is a beast also. Huge overcap on maivens and inquisitor seal make you a tank, plus you have mirror for an oh shit button (also works to boost dps with iskandras)

quick gt link : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g40qKV
updated build features 33% more rage and even more defense : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g4MQvV

9 second grava’thul kill

Crucible 150-170 9:30mins

r e s e r v e d

I love your builds, man! Great performance against Grava.

Is this Crucible 150-170 viable?

Also, can you squeeze out bit more oa, since you have so much crit damage?

I think it might be hard to squeeze more oa without sacrificing something of equal or greater value… But with crucible buffs/banner you really don’t need it. Im open to suggestions though.

Tested this build and it’s a beast in crucible. Does 3 150-170 runs (with 4 buffs + vanguard on crucible of the dead) in one blessing duration on top of being safe and consistent. Overall the average run was around 7:30mins. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. I also managed a 7s grava kill in campaign

Very nice build Valinov

1. This thread is in serious need of a bump because this is aweosme.

2. Have you tried squeezing in Assassin somehow? Blades of Wraith + Rune is the most broken thing you can do in this game. I know you don’t convert all of your piercing damage, but you have many sources of it already. It might even be worthwhile try out the Silver sentinel hat or Alkamos rings… Even without conversion, Blades of Wraith almost double the damage of your rune vs bosses if they trigger.

Loving the build man. Seriously puts my chillspike infiltrator to shame. Some questions:

1. Have you considered chilling grips of hagarrad + alkamos rings for greater pierce to cold conversion? I feel that would benefit so many aspects of the build. In addition, the massive OA boost will free up the skills spent into inner focus, and allow you to spend them on IEE or arcane empowerment for moar flat damage.

2. Why so many points in overload? Wouldn’t they be better spent to get that 15/12 chillsurge?

3. How does elemental seeker fare in the build?

Added updated build and a 150-170 video.

1. Thanks :wink:

2. I would have to give up something I feel would be more valuable to do so. I switched the medal to luminari commendation to help convert some of the pierce. elemental balance rings are best in slot by a long slot.

1. Changed build… elemental balance is best in slot. you only gain about 100 OA by going to blue alkamos ring. Then you lose decent amount of flat damage and the amazing proc.

2. I was trying to have high dot damage.

3. Elemental seeker is really strong here… the arcane devastation from the weapon pop them out non-stop