[1.0.6.1] Nature's Guardian Physical Pet Conjurer - No MI - 14 min 151-170 - very safe

If you want to use lightning, I would recommend this or this.

thank u very much for your response … i also send u a PM … i analize your suggested builds i think that https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b286vryZ it’s more damage oriented than https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXzp0BV imho … but anyway i’d like to ask some questions …

-why in https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b286vryZ u go for the winter constelation as AoE damage instead of Widow for additional RR + lighting dmg

-why in https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXzp0BV u go less skill point in Storm Spirit if it’s more damage oriented? i would put 12/12 in storm spirit since al pets benefit from it and u have 2 birds … also why winter constellation instead of widow …

i also wanna ask u … i’m not a big fan of wendigo totem cause i always cause the bosses to attack me and then i have to kite outside of it’s range and plus that the healing factor of the totem seems not so much to me but instead the vitality flat damage of blood pact will be more helpful. can u give some tips about to play without drawing aggro

another thing it’s the relic choice … i have eye of storm(more melee oriented imho) primal instinct (more pets but no so great bonuses) bysmiel domination (great bonuses) and mogdrogen ardor (this i dont have it but i can farm it, except for superbosses all AoM content its a piece of cake to me, including nemesis) … u suggested primal spirit … why?

dont get me wrong i appreciate a lot ur suggestions just want to understand why because i want to get better at this game

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOpA9e2

please tell me ur opinion thanks in advance

Arcane bomb cannot bind to pets, so you need to use an extra active skill and end up drawing more agro, also you already have 107% lighting RR. Arcane bombs are also summoned under random enemies and take time to arm after being summoned, so it doesn’t end up hitting your intended target. Blizzard deals great AoE damage, and can shotgun single targets as well. You have 107% full elemental RR, and most of your damage bonuses are all/elemental, so it ends up being much more useful against lightning resistant enemies than Arcane Bomb is.

The extra bonus from storm spirit is very small compared to the damage your pets already do. There are only so many points to go around, and I think they are better spent elsewhere.

In my experience, between Primal Bond, Wendigo Totem, and Ishtak’s you can pretty much face tank anything in the game other than Ravager. The flat damage from Blood pact is pretty much irrelevant.

You have a lot of general elemental RR and all/elemental damage bonuses, and a decent amount of flat damage. Swarmlings deal 200 flat fire, most of their physical will be converted to Lightning, and you have a bunch of flat damage on top of that. They also provide a lot more targets to draw agro. In my experience Primal Instinct is the best relic for non-skeleton pet builds.

hi there bro … it took me a while to test my new build that’s the reason i havent write you sooner … i appreciated a lot ur help in shaping my character for the engame’s challenges…
this is my final build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbDOmEN

i took in consideration must of your advices… here is a list of changes i made and the reason for them

• constellation … i changed blizzard for hand of ultos because i did not have enough level in blizzard and ultos incorporates elemental reduction that can only be achieve by viper constellation … so i get RR AoE damage … less cooldown … i certainly lost CC because blizzard slow and freezes must non-bosses

-familiar summon skill point … familiar are greats … deal a lot of damage with orbs but according with a thepowermediocrity post i read they lost a lot of that attack to the walls because the angle between projectiles it’s big
so i decided since i have 2 familiar to let them have 2 orbs each that in my perspective covers enough AoE without wasting additional points … by the other hand i put hand of ultos to familiar so they proc a lot of lightning including lightning strikes … the saved points i put them in my hellhound … that makes him more tanky and deals additional damage … now i dont need to be constantly reviving him …

-the other thing i changed was the pants … i prefer wildshorns over chausses of barbaros because the +3 to the flat auras and the retaliation damage … one of the most wonderful things about your advices its that my only aggro spell its CoF so must of the time my pets are the ones taking the damage as should be so … more retaliation damage accompany with the hound constellation and emboldening presence can be very effective imho.

results well i dont measure times of completing challenges so … i did finish mogdrogen , ravager(again), and finally crucible gladiator 150-170 with 4 blessing no banners … lokkar, and the kraken(this one was lame)

well that’s all … i was wondering if you could review my changes and tell me your considerations … thanx a lot in advance … im looking forward to the new expansion Forgotten Gods and the shattern realm mode to really test my build …

Thanks a lot for this. This is my first character (2nd ever) in over a year. I tried all the new FG builds, but I was squishy against anything powerful (not to mention I was getting murdered in SR), plus I don’t have any of the decent gear yet. A non-mythical Beastcaller’s Cowl is the closest I have so far to your list.

Even still, I’m now (just) able to face tank Fabius where before I’d spend 2-3 minutes kiting/healing/re-summoning (or dying). Given that I’m trying to farm for better gear, and Nemesis bosses seem to be giving me the best return for time spent, this is a huge help.

I’ve had a near identical skill/devotion setup before which was nowhere near as tanky, but never had the totems. They make a hell of a difference. The only part I strayed was adding a point each into Grasping + Entangling vines (assigned to Cleansing Waters). Since I have a few +1 to all items it’s really 4 in each. Is is not even worth those two points for the extra flat/% phys/bleed damage?

I have maxed pretty much all the big elemental offensive devotion abilities (Blizzard, Elemental Storm, Whirlpool, Tsunami, Reckless Tempest, Flame Storm etc). Is it worth shuffling points around to get one of those considering this is phys-focused?

My gear is good enough for now in terms of DA/Res but it’s my weapon/off-hand that need a bump. I have a thunder/vit Salazar’s blade, in part for the extra pet, and an Empowered Malformed Effigy, mainly for the +1 in Occultist. Any better alternatives in the meantime?

I’m reluctant to drop Salazar’s since I only have the summon from that and Primal Spirit to back up my main three. I was following the old Familiar conjurer for leads on better gear, but for this build I’m guessing Ultos/Stormbringer don’t fit so well.

Cheers.

Your budget Fluffy build (as close as I could get it) was the one I ran with pretty much all the way to 100 (using the Ishtak + Tree of Life devotion path). It was quite powerful (note, I only ever played a Cabalist once in AoM well over a year ago so I don’t have much to compare it with), but I had to kite a lot.

I don’t even mind kiting. It was fun to play. Spam Curse of Frailty, run around the pack and keep the pets in the thick of it, firing off Blood of Dreeg when we got low on health. This one isn’t as much fun since I’m mainly stuck within range of the totem, but I’m more resilient.

Your build was where I found out about Salazar’s Blade, and focusing on +pet gear while leveling. That said, there is no way I could stand up to someone like Fabius. A few seconds in his face and I was dead. The only way I could handle him was to run around in circles and let the pets chip away.

The main difference that I can see between this and yours for tankiness is the totem, unless it’s something more subtle.

Outside of either build, the familiars are a pain to keep having command into place. I wish they’d be like all the other pets and aggressively attack at close range instead of hanging back. I’m tempted to just get rid of it (or divert most of their points to Briarthorn/Hellhound), but I need to wait until I get +1 summons on those. The herd is already too thin (I had 8-9 different pets at one point).

That is because the Budget Fluffy is exactly as what it says, a budget build. While this one is not.

You are supposed to upgrade the Budget Fluffy to the Birds of Bysmiel one before tackling harder content.

Don’t worry about the Birds, they wreck face even if you AFK.

I did try moving to Fluffy’s Vengeance, which is what I will use once I get geared, but it was too flimsy for my gear/ability. The only piece I have is Og’Napesh. Having to kite so much made me too easy to pick off. That said, I do need to get better in general. Never so much as touched an ARPG until last year and I’ve been gaming since the Spectrum 128k.

One other thing I noticed about a lot of the pet builds (maybe it’s in others but I’ve been mainly reading about pets for now until I improve) is that the Poison/Acid resistances seem to be really low, some even in the negative. When I was leveling, that and Aether were two of the most important to keep up. Is there a reason why it isn’t being buffed as much as the rest?

Yeah, Og’napesh is kind of the lest useful thing in that build, so no surprises there :stuck_out_tongue:

That pet needs a buff in general.

As for the Poison&Acid resistance, Blood of Dreeg > Aspect of the Guardian.