[1.0.6.1] Rick and Morty's Vindicators: few simple and powerful ranged builds [vid] [c+] [g4]

It was yes, want me to post the video in your thread?

Sure! I’ll be grateful if you do that. Will add it into OP.

So! I screwed up on the Fire Ants in My Eyes Johnson runs. For starters i used faceguard of justice rather than Bloodrager’s Cowl and secondly and more importantly, i forgot to bind Elemental Storm devotion to a skill :o What’s even worse is that i did 3x runs after i equipped Bloodrager’s Cowl and didn’t notice it until after the runs. So in the end i ended up having to do another 3x runs with Elemental Storm bound.
BUT, surprisingly i did manage a 7:01 run without Elemental Storm. Overall times (For comparison to the runs i did with the full Justice Set): WITHOUT Elemental Storm runs.

And here’s the new run with Bloodrager’s Cowl and elemental storm (As it should have been from the start :o)

Fire Ants in My Eyes Johnson
(6:52)

[spoiler]

//youtu.be/0Xiyi2LGy_s
[/spoiler]

And finally here’s the Bonus build:
Elemental Noob-Noob (7:37)

Did 3x 150-170 runs with 3 blessings + vanguard banner no problem! :slight_smile:

6:52, I knew that build had more potential then the cold one! Faster than any Purifier too :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Hmmmmmmm…

Only your dw RoH + double sigilis comes close. But it’s technically a hybrid. It’s probably between Thunderous Strike Vindicator and fire Savagery one.

Nah, my 7:10 run is without banner… :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a good time for hybrid caster/auto-attacker Purifier. What about pure auto-attacking Purifiers that don’t use game’s weakest spell Rune of Hagarrad? :stuck_out_tongue:

(I wonder what Mercymaker can do with your build with 3 blessings/1banner tho)

Yeah, that is a hybrid. So cannot be put in the same basket as auto attack build.

But still though, i think ±10 seconds is just a variance in run. I believe the build perform the same.

BTW, I am a firm believer that RoH is the best skill in the game; beating PB, devastation, and primal strike. Let’s see what’s change in 1.0.7.0 though.

EDIT: Mercy really need to test that build before the patch hits

EDIT 2: Just you wait, I will make a hybrid RoH + evoker of elgoloth. Will see if I can polish it before the patch hits

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Well, no shit :D. Let’s wait till someone makes Arcanor Forcewave + 4 piece runebinder RoH hybrid Tactician and breaks the game.

Evoker is sexy, I used to play it in early AoM days. But nothing beats Thunderous Strike I am afraid. But you saw.

EDIT: God damn it, now I am making RoH + Forcewave Tactician in GT and it looks kinda sick.

You remember I have made that right?
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79144

It’s good, but RoH+elemental devastation and RoH+primal strike is better. I feel like forcewave damage is lacking there. I haven’t polish it again, but Let’s see if you can increase the damage of forcewave while still maintain good RoH damage.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Dediced to test one of those builds in 1.0.7. Took Fire Ants in My Eyes Johnson for a spin, ended up swapping Fiend for Bat for better sustain and build still rips.

Here is the video, 7:57 run (but easily 7 minutes on a good PC): https://youtu.be/UuPuDRrDC_Y (for some reason forum is glitching and not letting me to edit it as a hyper link).

Did a test run with your Lightning Squancher after someone said vindicators are even more fragile after the nerfs to inquisitor seal/aura of censure and that there’s no reason to go primal strike over savagery :rolleyes:
No vids for now but it still destroys crucible 150-170 with little issue. 6-7min runs. Obviously the weapon is unrealistic, but it should still be doable with something charged of scorched runes/skyfallen of alacrity or even charged of alacrity.

Lol those guys have no clue about vindicator power.

Thanks a lot!

But seriously, guys, let’s keep it hush-hush, I was the one who was advocating to tone down Thunderous Strike a bit, but I take my words back after 1.0.7.1

Got bored with my Purifier around 70 a while ago, today I thought maybe I’ll feel more motivated to continue playing it if I switch out Demolitionist and one of my first thoughts were of Shaman.
I threw together a build on grimtools and realized it seemed pretty good, then I looked in the build compendium for Vindicator builds and saw this. I came to a pretty similar conclusion as the ‘Fire Ants’ build but I have some questions.

Why not at least a value point (or more) in Upheaval?
Is 9 points really worth the investment for Maelstorm (assuming you’re not using Wendigo Totem and Blood Pact)? Seems like you could squeeze more damage out of those 9 points.

Hey mad_lee thanks for all the builds they are all amazing, just wanted to ask if its possible to use the fire ants build as a first character(using same devotions and skills). I did play grim dawn before and i know a lot about it, its just that my stash is empty cause i accidentally deleted my stash file before.

Upheaval is totally worthless here I am afraid. We have 85% WPS pool, so Upheaval can only proc if we roll 15% and then roll crit (and we don’t have any points to get it to a decent level). Maelstorm and mastery points are definitely worth it. Build is overly simplistic and super effective, that’s the whole point of it really.

Fire Ants in My Eyes Johnson does require green boots plus all the mythical gear ofcourse. Not sure if you are asking if you can play it with faction gear or random gear or something, because you can’t probably (or can but it won’t be nearly as strong).

Maybe something like https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAOXj1N would work for no green setup?

Nice, will add this to op.