[1.0.6.1] Rick and Morty's Vindicators: few simple and powerful ranged builds [vid] [c+] [g4]

*me and my latest build inventions in absence of Forgotten Gods

Introduction

Since Forgotten Gods or 1.0.7 patch both take forever to arrive I keep messing around with different build concepts in GD Stash. In this episode of our build adventures I wanted to share few ranged Vindicators builds that can completely decimate Crucible Gladiator 150-170 with minimal piloting skill.

Builds Concepts

I wanted to make a ranged Vindicator for every element to prove that Vindicators are the best sharpshooters in Grim Dawn, because they are

Simple

Very few buttons to click, no clunky thermite mines, no Flashbang.

Powerful

They obliterate Crucible with ease. Only thing that is holding them back is your computer’s power, because all of them are walking firework and lightning shows.

Tanky

Obscene damage coupled with ADCtH and overcapped Inquisitor’s Seal always do the trick

The Builds

Fire Ants in My Eyes Johnson

A simple fellar with very few buttons to click. Wrecks stuff with ease. Resists capping might be a problem without a good pair of green boots. Procs galore.

<<<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>>> in 1.0.7 I would recommend using Bat instead of Fiend.

<<<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>>> NO GREENS SETUP. In 1.0.7 I would recommend using Bat instead of Fiend.

8:08 3 blessings/1 banner Crucible Gladiator 150-170 run (I think it can go as fast as 7:30 on a good PC)

Cold Meseeks and Destroy
(scroll for much faster clear times below as demonstrated by user MercyMaker)

Chill dude, couple of more buttons than the fire guy, but bit tankier as well because of additional CC.
<<<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>>>
8:30 3 blessings/1 banner Crucible Gladiator 150-170 run (probably as fast as 8 minutes on a good PC) (scroll for much faster clear times below as demonstrated by user MercyMaker)

Lightning Squancher

The most powerful of three, using unrealistic green M.I. weapon and overpowered Thunderous Strike make this one a complete wrecking ball. Downside: your Crucible timer really depends on your computer power, on my PC it looked like I was missing a lot of dps because of lag. (yes, I am aware that Chton was the first one to post this kind of build, but where is your god now?)
<<<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>>>
8 minutes 3 blessings/1 banner Crucible Gladiator 150-170 run(probably as fast as 7 minutes on a good PC) (scroll for much faster clear times below as demonstrated by user MercyMaker)

Mad Queen 9 seconds kill

Bonus build: Elemental Noob-Noob

One thing that ranged Vindicators do worse than Purifiers is dual-wielding. Didn’t stop Noob-Noob from going for those two shiny pistols. Because Noob-Noob is a simple guy, he doesn’t use any fancy green items.

<<<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>>>
9 minutes 3 blessings/1 banner Crucible Gladiator 150-170 run

In Conclusion

I think for two-handed ranged builds Vindicators are stronger than Purifiers, fight me.

Also, big shout out to Chton who was the first to post a Vindicator build concept based on ranged Thunderous Strike back in early AoM days.

Discovering builds true power with user MercyMaker

[quote=“Mercymaker,post:12,topic:47955”]
Run results!

Cold Meseeks and Destroy
(7:12)

Lightning Squancher (5:57)

All the runs were the fastest of 3x runs i made with each build. All 3 builds are capable of 3x 150-170 runs with 3 blessings + a vanguard banner no sweat. Minimal tweaks to the builds were made (1 or 2 components and augments. Managed to squeeze in ancient armor plate on all 3 builds). Exact build i used can be found in the video descriptions.

Times for all the runs made.

All in all, they performed even better than expectations. A wonderful addition to the 2h ranged autoattack builds! Now if only we could get rid of those pesky green double rare stoneplates :p.
The weapon for the Lightning Squancher can be swapped for a less rare one (like charged of scorched runes or even charged of alacrity) and should still manage, albeit with slightly lower clear times.
The Cold Meseeks and Destroy build does struggle somewhat with bursting down Kuba, which could potentially be dangerous on the nemesis waves if you get reaper/kuba combo since you’ll have a hard time killing kuba fast or bursting reaper before he winds up with kubas healing pools healing him. Maybe direwolf crest would help out on this build? You’d lose some 100%~ cold% damage and DA but you’d gain some slight flat cold damage from the +2 savagery, OA and the much needed % racial dmg to beasts

And finally here’s the Bonus build:
Elemental Noob-Noob (7:37)

Did 3x 150-170 runs with 3 blessings + vanguard banner no problem! :)[/QUOTE]

1.0.7.0 is coming next week :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, Feral hunger only hits 1 target with ranged. Better get upheaval with the cold build 40% no wps can imo get a decent amount of upheaval procs. Unless you’re a pussy and you really need the lifesteal :stuck_out_tongue:

Cough… Flame Keeper… Cough…

Jokes aside, have you considered exonerator in your luminari vindicator build?
I have a similar build and it’s actually decent:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPe07BN

Also, Why don’t you use bloodrager’s or ultos’ shoulder in your cold build for further capping savagery?

85% WPS chance, thus no Upheaval. And Feral is huge for healing, you leech back full hp with every 4th shot. It’s also pretty sick single target damage.

I think both Fire version and Thunderous Strike should be on par or better than Flame Keeper Purifier. I would say for 2h Vindicator > Purifier and vice versa for DW.

Not using Bloodrager in cold version because Korba helmet converts Lightning to Cold on Savagery and is a key item in this build. Shoulders - I just liked those blue shoulders for more skill points (and relevant %damage).

I had considered it, but vindicating doesn’t feel right with two pistols. Just not the same punch that DW purifier, double Brimstone too strong.

85% with feral hunger. That’s why I suggested to remove it to make room for upheaval unless you really need the healing :stuck_out_tongue:

Two quick questions:

1. Wouldn’t some Blood Pact (good adcth on 1/3 all hits) solve some of the heal issues and made room for Upheaval as per 1x’s suggestion?

2. I don’t get it why Raging Tempest isn’t softcapped on the fire one.

Nah, man, Feral Hunger at 10/10 is the shit. The damage alone makes it worth it. Healing is of course needed despite how trivial those 150-170 runs might look.

I only took Blood Pact on Thunderous Strike one because I had points to pump Wendigo Totem, no spare points on other builds (and other builds got Feral Hunger).

I think unsoftcapped Raging Tempest is probably a mistake in Grimtools that I haven’t noticed, thanks for pointing it out, will fix it!

I think I tested a similar PS build long time ago but with a legit rifle borrowed from you (I think it was Thunderstruck of Alacrity - I still have it if you want it back :)), Kylrian Soul on the chest, Dying God instead of Spear of Heavens. If I remember right it had similar results: over 9 min no banner.

Fights you
But seriously, good job on the 2h ranged vindicators. I tested a slightly tweaked build from Chthon’s Crit Striker - Thunderous Strike Rifle Vindicator recently using savagery shenanigans and it did 150-170 with 3 blessings and a banner around 7-8mins (edit: not 7. rather 7-8mins. EDIT2: Scratch that 8mins average) too. And it’s pretty similar too your Lightning Squancher version. I used to have an elgoloth vindicator too but i wasn’t entirely happy with her performance and remade her into a ultos vindicator instead

That Chinese Arcanoweaver build is some serious stuff. Same unrealistic weapon as in my Thunderous Strike build. You are welcome to test run any of those by the way :slight_smile:

EDIT: I think 2h ranged Vindicators edge it because of Feral Hunger and bigger hp pool. And Thunderous Strike Vindicator is just broken op.

I was actually going to i swear :slight_smile: But since the patch is right around the corner i haven’t been motivated to play GD much at all lately, I’ll see if i can’t assemble them and do some runs before the patch. No promises though. Also there’s 2 different links in the fights you. One is the arcaneweaver, the other is superfluffs terminator without the double rares though

Run results!

Fire Ants in My Eyes Johnson
(7:15)

//youtu.be/nEQyCYTSMAc

Cold Meseeks and Destroy
(7:12)

Lightning Squancher (5:57)

All the runs were the fastest of 3x runs i made with each build. All 3 builds are capable of 3x 150-170 runs with 3 blessings + a vanguard banner no sweat. Minimal tweaks to the builds were made (1 or 2 components and augments. Managed to squeeze in ancient armor plate on all 3 builds). Exact build i used can be found in the video descriptions.

Times for all the runs made.

All in all, they performed even better than expectations. A wonderful addition to the 2h ranged autoattack builds! Now if only we could get rid of those pesky green double rare stoneplates :p.
The weapon for the Lightning Squancher can be swapped for a less rare one (like charged of scorched runes or even charged of alacrity) and should still manage, albeit with slightly lower clear times.
The Cold Meseeks and Destroy build does struggle somewhat with bursting down Kuba, which could potentially be dangerous on the nemesis waves if you get reaper/kuba combo since you’ll have a hard time killing kuba fast or bursting reaper before he winds up with kubas healing pools healing him. Maybe direwolf crest would help out on this build? You’d lose some 100%~ cold% damage and DA but you’d gain some slight flat cold damage from the +2 savagery, OA and the much needed % racial dmg to beasts

I’ll check out the Elemental Noob-Noob build tomorrow

Holy fucking 5:57. How does that compare with melee PS?

Advice for posting builds. Don’t put your clear times in the thread title. Wait for mercymaker to do the runs…:smiley:

Vindicator has just so many right properties for ranged PS. Double RR, double attack speed bonus, and many flat damage. Although the latter is in the form of mixed elemental damage and unable-to-be-converted Pierce damage.

I wonder if warder can have the same performance with melee PS, maybe not.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Fastest i’ve gotten with an Ultos vindicator and warder was 6:30min-ish

How about conjurer? It looks a lot better for full ultos.

The same, vindicator/warder/conjurer ultos builds i tried perform basically the same. In fact veretragna’s Ymirsol ultos build is so solid you can do 150-170 with just the shaman mastery (it’s fragile, but entirely possible). So that build pairs with any mastery. The 3 classes mentioned above perform the best though for obvious reasons (elementalist too in theory, but thermite mines :eek:). I used either double glyphs or glyph + green ring for the runs so damage output should be a bit higher than the coven rings.

Holy shit, Mercymaker, you always make my (and everyone’s) builds look so good. Ranged Vindicators are definitely OP as hell. 5:57 clear time make some Spellbinders scratch their aetherial heads.

Thanks for sharing, will be adding it to op.

EDIT: Gonna mention Chton once again, since he was the first one who posted a concept of ranged Thunderous Strike Vindicator back in early AoM days. He didn’t mean it for Crucible (because he doesn’t play it), but his hunch for sniffing out good builds is undeniable.

Wow, was it my Ymirsiol warder? =)