Is Warder still the best for the generic melee Primal Strike build?

By Primal Strike, I mean the variation where Primal Strike is EVERY attack. I never remember the different names of the modifying Mastery points. I played one a while back and wanted to pick it back up but the build I was following is gone and I am a retard at making my own.
Or if I were to respec, what would be the ideal combination?

So it can not be a vindicator since there inq seal do attacks :stuck_out_tongue:

It never really was tbh… maybe at some point in vanilla. Right now I would say Vindicator and Druid are the best. Conjurer is also pretty good. From next patch on I can imagine even Elementalist being better than Warder.

elementalist has always been better than warder even if you neglected to so much as spec into thermite mines. The only niche for warders was/is “I have two thumbs and no gear” since soldier provides a bit of defensive padding for people that aren’t familiar with how to build characters for durability.

Here is the Primal Strike Warder fully tested by veretranga: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77977

I’m not sure how it compares with the Conjurer, but Mercymaker tested Vindicator and it turned out to be exactly the same in terms of clear times as the Warder. Mad Lee built the Ultos Druid and he mentions in the thread that the Warder performed similarly to the Druid as well.

I was looking to see if veretranga compared his Warder to a similar Conjurer, but I didn’t see any comparison in his thread.

Mercy did conjurer tests too, it performed more or less similar to Warder and Vindicator, but in my personal opinion conjurer is the glassiest one amongst them.

Already called meme-police, stay where you are.

If serious. If we’re speaking about full Ultos set(and current patch) - his best users are warder and vindicator. Why only them? Only they are tanky enough to wear ultos set comfortably. I prefer warder, he has movement skill and more resistant to burst damage. And he has minor dmg diffirence with vindi (AS and sham ulti vs censure). But vindi is good of course.
Don’t forget, ultos set have problem with skill points, so your support class gets really few points.

Conjerer. Strong class, ±same dmg, but much more glassier than upper two.
Druid - more buttons, less dmg, has mirror with nullification, controversial choice, but interesting to play

Elementalist :confused: - really meme class in 1071. Only pain and suffering.

BUT! If you’re going to use light def set and make hybrid like this, vindi is your choice.

I am a bit retarded, what does “more glacier” mean?

is it a synonym for “slow but tanky” ? :eek:

“less tanky”, “glass cannon” I meant

tried to make comparative degree from “glass”, sorry for my poor English

ah that make sense! :smiley:

Appreciate all the feedback, definitely checking out that Warder build that was posted.

Conjurer also exists for that. My ranking for Thunderous Strikes in general (not just Ultos) is:

1. Vindicator
  2. Conjurer
  3. Warder
  4. Druid

IMO Warder never was the best.

In FG there are a few things that would make Conjurers more competitive with Vindicators:

• Rune of Korvan Swiftness: 14% reduced damage with 75% uptime makes Censure less necessary. The 4 second cooldown is perfect for triggering Arcane Bomb with 100% reliability. A more offensively-oriented alternative is to go for Rune of the Stormtitan and rely on the proc on Stormtitan Treads for at least some damage reduction.

• Plagueguard Grips: most people take Light’s Defender Gauntlets for Ultos builds, but the poison resist on that glove is totally useless for a Conjurer. It also has no bonuses for Conjurer. Crafted Plagueguard Grips can easily compete with LD Gauntlets, especially if you get something like Thunderstruck of the Honor Guard. Emberguard Gauntlets can also work if armor is preferred over attack speed. Note that Plagueguard Grips could possibly make a Shaman immune to poison damage when combined with Dryad’s Blessing due to duration reduction.

• Dreeg’s Omen: Crafted gloves can free up some armor augment slots so that they can provide much-needed DA to a Conjurer.

• Eye of Korvaak: Provides much need OA/DA debuff over time that Conjurer cannot naturally provide. It is possible to take EoK while also getting Spear, Hand of Ultos, Bomb, and Storm.

I am not big fan of Warders,even if they’re good.Vindicator is nice,but you’ll need Censure for RR.In conjurer RR is the skill CoF,so you can take Shaman exclusive skill and have both damage and two sources of resist reduction.Ofc Inquisitor and Soldier offers a lot of defensive goodies,so its close call.

That’s a great rune but I wouldn’t go as far as to bind a Arcane Bomb to it. Hard 4s is too long.

• Eye of Korvaak: Provides much need OA/DA debuff over time that Conjurer cannot naturally provide.

Conjurers have Wasting which iirc is the cheapest stackable oa shred in the game.

That’s correct but conjurers have more active casts per minute which, compared to vindicators, is DPS loss for Thunderous Strikes. What’s more, conjurers’ naturally low core stats often force a different jewelry choice (like Justicar Seals) whereas vindicators can choose whatever they want (Kephlats, Sky Seals, Time-fluxes, etc.)

I know it’s been tested by more experienced players than me but according to my tests vindicators are ahead on all accounts and both for Ultos and Light’s Defender/Stormreaver.

this is a theory craft i did not too long ago https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAYBn4V not sure how it would be, but i might test eventually.

Looks great but Censure and more Savagery, I think. Stressing totems with no cdr/duration mods seems like a miss.

Oh, I meant debuffs in the form of X for Y seconds. Vindicator has Biting Cold, which somewhat devalues at least the DA portion of Eye of Korvaak. But Conjurer naturally has no OA/DA debuffs of this type.

Wasting might be cheap, but it still requires precious skill points and it’s another button to press. Biting Cold also requires skill points and is another button to press, so I guess you can say Eye of Korvaak is equally attractive to Conjurer and Vindicator when skill points and # of active skills are concerns.