[1.0.6.1] Savage Wildblood Knight - 2H Conjurer Savagery / DoT caster *170 viable*

Utilizes bloodknight 3 piece to bring defensive strength to the table, while supplying a nice attackspeed bonus and boost both of our damage types. Conjurer melts bleed/vit resist. High attackspeed 2h savagery, plus lots of dot damage give the build options. You can kite until there are just a couple bosses left, then go in and facetank with savagery. I’ve been trying to do a wildblood build for awhile. My first variant used the dark one’s raiment… but this is much better :slight_smile:

Gt link : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqRY3AN

Finally took some time to get a vid
160-170 clear

r e s e r v e d

Shows good vit dmg. doing it Ritualist for more WPS. Necro WPS are lots of fun

Ritualist should be strong as well! I mainly went conjurer to utilize all the bleed damage and boosts

Thanks for posting. I was looking for an alternative for my vitality caster that I played till 100.

I could not try the Ultos build from Fluff, I was missing way to many items.

Cornerstone seem to be the weapon and the gloves. Luckily I had both. I have some good vitality items and together with a couple of bleeding legendaries I had I was able to respec (sadly zero BloodKnight or Wildblood atm).

I really like it so far.

Why have you maxed Second Rite but not Feral Hunger?

updated build a tad… added 160-170 vid

I had a very similiar draft but for Ritualist

EDIT: Forgot to add: nice vid!

So 12 minute clear 150-170? What were people telling me when they were like grasping vines becomes so good? Seems a bit slow compared to other builds no? hmm.

Clear time should be under 10 mins now. And this probably needs to be updated a bit, i also piloted that run pretty terribly.

Also my ritualist version is actually stronger too.

Just a generic question on Wildblood and Blood Knight. I never got around meddling in vitality melee and I’m just curious.

Isn’t it better, at least for ritualists, to complete blood knight, drop wildblood set completely and use some other belt? Or keep 2pc Wildblood? I know 4% oa is a lot to pass on but beside that does that mod to the vines do any good? I see the swarm is not overcapped here so one less reason…

What’s the philosophy on what should win the shoulder slot on vitality melee?

I’m a relatively bad player (at least considering everyone and their grandma now do 170, and I still haven’t managed it solo), but I’ve been trying to make melee vit ritualist work for quite some time, so I’ll share what I think.

With Wildblood on ritualist makes no sense. On Conjurer - maybe, but then you’ll have to choose whether you focus on bleed or vit. Those can’t be combined on devotions level, and most vit+bleed gear is caster gear. Problem is, Wildblood is not the best in neither of departments.

Full Blood Knight gives impressive BH crits in crucible, but cd is not so great, and I find 2h ritualist to be rather squishy. I don’t have the best greens, with double-rares it should be much better.
Also, when you cast things you don’t attack. With this low da, low armor, no absorbtion and no invul skill/proc, if you don’t attack you die.

Avengers belt I believe is bis for 2h shamans.

There are tons of great conversion shoulders, but none for Vit Ritualist. There’s one that converts aether to vit, but the flat gain seems to be minor, and the item is otherwise meh.
What would really help is elemental to vitality conversion. All the BH-SH cold and Savagery/Brute Force lightning would be put to use. But the only item giving such a conversion is Radaggan helm. Have not tried this one yet, will definitely try when I get one.