[1.0.6.1] Storm Strike Slayer - DW Melee Lightning Elementalist

Just a quick build post, as I’ve been tight for time again lately. Fill the screen with constant chain lightning procs (4 of them) Lightning strike away while buffing with savagery occasionally. Throw out mines and flashbangs as needed, while spamming wind devils on cooldown. Overall a somewhat squishy build, but with the right piloting very enjoyable. Wind devil with bat provides a lot of healing, weapon damage leech does the rest. Hungerer potions from barrowhelm are a nice boost to leech since it’s a bit hard to fit it into this devotion setup.

Grim Tools
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g4yj7V

Fire strike crits in the 130-160k range on dummy, good dot damage, and lots of aoe from chain lightning procs

Videos to come late week hopefully. This is can faceroll campaign content, and can do crucible 170 with careful piloting.

That’s really original, using two autoattacking skills and making Elementalist work in melee. Good job!

EDIT: One thing I dislike is pants choice. They suck so hard imo. No relevant resists, no skill points, no physical res, nothing.

A build I’ve considered doing for a long time.

Some quick questions -

1. Is the shit attack speed crippling? I feel that this will become even more pronounced if you have to constantly proc savagery to keep OA/DA up (i.e. every savagery attack you do detracts away from FS).

2. Why not legwraps of the tranquil mind, or chausses of barbaros?

The attack speed isn’t that bad as the storm touched bonus doesn’t apply in grim tools… And you really don’t need to use savagery that much just to maintain the buff tbh. Im pretty sure im at like 197% in game with above average attack speed rolls on crystallum and the gloves.

As to the pants I chose them for the lightning damage/oa/da/the proc. Basically they fit the build theme. Barbaros is probably better for crucible for obvious reasons. Or better yet formidable kubacabras chausses of the dranghoul lol… But i was trying to stay away from greens.

Nice build, gratz on making it!
So, Stormheart is not garbage after this build :slight_smile:

I’ll probably try to put together a early gearing guide on this one, as you can make a pretty efficient farmer since the weapon is available early… Unfortunately im on track to work 80 hours this week sooo not sure when that will be