[1.0.6.1] The Blazing Marksman - Flame Keeper Based Fire Strike Purifier

I beg your pardon

That’s with banner, honey… I am talking about without banner here because apparently it’s the current standard here.

I understand that 3 buff + 1 banner should also be able to farm crucible endlessly if it can do 3 run. But I just want to compare apple to apple.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

170EX;DW auto-attack; 3 blessings and 1 banner

If you wanna mention the BANNER thing, I just wanna say 170 without banner is too easy, don’t need any proof:p:p

I have wondered about those blue sets like this Flame Keeper, that Covenant pet set, Calidor set, etc. I never thought they could amount to anything. But 8:20? Nice job!

I do have a question, though, cause I see it quite often lately and I don’t understand that trend: the mines at one point. Why? -2% rr for a point always seemed like a fair deal to me…

more like 0%RR in crucible, they never up when you need them.

Well, my statement was, it is hard to do below 9 minutes for no banner crucible 170 with a pure auto-attack build. I am happy to be proved wrong though. Still, banner usually can reduce 1 to 1.5 minutes clear times.

I haven’t done crucible extra spawn though. Does it yield better loots?

I am operating under a good faith that crate doesn’t create some item or set just for it to go to waste. O:)

Because of the mechanics of thermite mine itself. It is not reliable, they are not immortal like wind devil, their health is low, their radius is low, increasing their level doesn’t increase their health and their attack radius.

Yeah, I kinda knew this would be the answer: the mines are clunky (to the point of uselessness maybe). I always worked under the assumption that for an rr hungry dmg type that is fire keeping them at least at 10/16 is a must anyway.

So I got inspired by your build to try a blue set on a ranged class. And ended up with this pierce Purifier. All the gear was clicking and I was so happy with my theorycraft. But then I tried it in Crucible and got my shit kicked in so hard at like wave 151 then wave 154 and long story short, I have no idea how to play Purifiers :slight_smile:

EDIT: I have just realised I completely forgot Death Sentence. But not sure it would’ve helped.

Quite crazy WD you got there. In your case though, you really need death sentence. It’s quite sad that you need to break the set for it :(. Have you tried its WPS though? It seems really good with fire strike.

I actually contemplated between sharpshooter and flame keeper before levelling a purifier. Ultimately decided on flame keeper because of its crazy rifle.
Skill bonus from sharpshooter is more relevant though. Also, I think demolitionist can never support pierce damage. Honestly pierce is only good with belgo, or in some cases, reaver’s claw blademaster or tactician.

I tried to help you by making it to be fire pierce build with fire as main, but no phys>fire conversion on the rifle seems hurting. 10% chance of that huge flat fire seems good though, but still need to be tested with dummy kill.
Maybe try this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2z4qXaZ

Offense seems good but defense seems lacking. It’s worth to test IMO.

I did try to make a purifier pierce build with the Valdun set.
I haven’t tested it though, so I’m not sure how it will do.
On paper its seem inferior to a fire based purifier, but I’m not sure how powerful the Valdun wps are.
Edit A better Devotion setup

Valdun wps is good with fire strike, no doubt about it. But it’s demolitionist itself that cannot support other damage type other than elemental.

mixing two elements never works :frowning: And 10% of that huge flat fire turns into pierce, but it’s still not enough. Purifier just too paper and not enough skill points for Blast Shield. In fact, not enough skill points for anything.

And it’s a real shame because with elemental to pierce conversion Fire Strike + flat RR from Agonizing Flames support pierce pretty well.

Not using censure in purifier is just suicide IMO. Your reliable form of defense is only seal. That’s why I suggest to mix the damage up.

BTW, I will try to test the build in the Grimtools I link above. I am also curious how it’s perform because I haven’t seen sharpshooter’s WPS yet…

How about Kymon’s Will? That’s like a mini-censure without realy using censure.

Do come back with results! I was just kinda disappointed by how much flat pierce we lose if we don’t use that stupid Pack of Treacherous Means. I thought 30% crit damage + 1 wps can’t really compare to almost full conversion on all 3 of Inquisitor’s WPS plus that huge weapon damage. And god damn Purifier is so much glassier than Vindicator, Feral Hunger makes a world of difference it seems.

I think you cannot treat fire strike to be the same as savagery. Savagery depend on raw damage, thus big flat WD is essential. fire strike depend on small damage inflicted together, thus spreading, multi-hit, or big radius WPS will incredibly help fire strike build.

I will try to check it tonight and see what happen.

That’s good too, but devotion pattern there require so much sacrifice and you will be losing so many good fire devo. Maybe not if you pursue Pierce damage though.

Why pierce? How about going fire route instead =) Luminari medal+fire conversion gloves+cindersome belt.

I was trying to find a way to not break the set, lol.

If not, the build will be just like a poor man version of fluff’s desolator build.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrqABLV
Dunno, looks fun the way .

looks fun but it also looks like the first sneeze from any nemesis and it’s very dead