[1.0.7.0] Deathmarked Infiltrator - Ravager killer, no greens

Quick update to my Deathmarked Infiltrator that killed Ravager. Now with video.

Wanted to see how good the Deathmarked buffs in 1.0.7.0were. All in all this fight is definitely smoother than before.

Grimtools

Video (5 min kill)

Strategy/tips:

Pre-buff with:

• all 5 royal jelly potions
  • Elixir of Dranghoul
  • Ugdenjuice/Ugdensalve
  • Vilescar Ointment
  • Spiritbane ointment (fought Ravager of Souls, who does aether damage. You want 55% overcapped aether resist in this fight).

Quick bar:

• Aether Cluster
  • Courageous Tincture
  • Hungerer Oil
  • Slithblood Tincture

You want to stack as much physical resist and armor as possible, as Ravager will debuff your physical resist by -55%. So his auto attacks wreck you. That’s the reason for the relic, pants, boots and devotion choices. Also I put a lot of points into Phantasmal armor and Circle of Slaughter, just to survive those auto attacks.

At the same time, the defensive choices will hinder your OA a lot. So I got Mageslayer amulet, Direwolf crest, and 2 piece blue Alkamos rings to offset the poor OA. With this gear you can just barely crit Ravager and proc Deadly Aim.

Time your potions! This is very important. Always have an ‘o shit’ button handy in case Pneumatic Burst/Word of Renewal are cooling down. These buttons are:

1. Regular potion
  2. Courageous Tincture
  3. Slithblood Tincture
  4. Aether Cluster
  5. Blade Barrier

Always keep up Inquisitor Seal, Pneumatic Burst, Word of Renewal, Reaper’s Mark, and Hungerer Oil.

I highly recommend fighting Ravager of Souls (sacrifice Jordyth). This is because he does Aether damage, and a great amulet for a Deathmarked Infiltrator is Mageslayer’s amulet, which provides +8% max aether resist.

Another interesting tip is that Ravager has an AOE attack that causes 100% fumble. This completely wrecks you. Not only does it cause the fight to go on much longer but also stops your life leech. The workaround is that he DOES NOT use this attack if you facetank him for the entire fight from the beginning. If you move at all he’ll start using this fumble attack and it will be much harder. If you die and have to run back up to him, he’ll start using this 100% fumble attack and the fight will be much harder. Honestly I recommend just restarting your game so that you can face-tank him from the start.

Thanks to:
Mad Lee’s Luminari Godkiller guide for general tips on killing Ravager with Infiltrator

Cheers.

Salvation is an odd choice when Ignaffar’s Combustion exists. I also think Direwolf Crest is a worse choice than Undying Oath, and if you use the legendary Alkamos ring set you can get 100% pierce -> cold.

So, this is an update to existing build? Why not post this update there?
I mean. What’s the purpose of this separate thread?

Hi kidpid and veretragna,

I recently completed the Deathmarked set and wanted to use it with my Infiltrator to beat Ravager. I searched online, and found no guide for Deathmarked infiltrator vs Ravager, so I worked it out myself. Since there’s nothing online, I wanted to post it here for other players to reference. Especially since this forum has been so helpful for me.

My goal was to do this without extremely rare items, so no GDstashed greens or the purple Alkamos rings (which I don’t have yet). I tried lots of combinations of skills/gear/devotions and settled on this build. It kills Ravager very reliably and is friendly to casual players since nothing is absurdly hard to get. It does require 5 piece Deathmarked of course.

Kidpid I’ll edit in a gear choice section into OP for everyone’s reference. Basically all my gear is specifically tailored for the Ravager fight, not for campaign/Crucible.

Salvation (aka Aegis pre-1.0.7.0) is for the great DA, heal, and armor. I tried Ignaffar’s combustion and quickly got wrecked, Salvation makes a huge difference.

I did try Undying oath but this build needs to get as much OA as possible to be able to crit Ravager to proc Deadly aim. Especially since all the devotion choices are to survive Ravager auto-attacks. Direwolf Crest stats are perfect for this fight.

Purple alkamos rings might be better but 1) farming them is insane, and 2) the OA offered by the blues is very much needed.

Thanks for the comments and if anyone has questions feel free to ask. Cheers