[1.0.7.0] Iskandra PRM Spellbinder (No banner 7:42)

Don’t read. This build no longer functions due to the recent update.

Welcome to my 4th build write-up in these noble forums.

GT

YT (7:42 4B/NB)

(video taken before updating the build with the changes suggested by thejabrixone)

Credits go to…

This build was inspired and heavily derives from cccsenn2’s PRM binder from 1.0.6.1 but includes a few fundamental differences that in my humble opinion warrant a separate write-up.

Also, thanks to thejabrixone for pointing out that Bone Harvest is better for proccing Hungering Void than Siphon Souls as it carries the full strength of the new rr bonus on Iskandra set.

Panetti? Nah, thanks, I’m not hungry…

For a long time was Panetti’s Replicating Missile seen as an underperforming, point-hungry younger cousin of the two AoE monsters in the Arcanit’s tree: CT and Devastation. Its lack of popularity was only overshadowed by the complete failure that was (and still is, sadly) AAR. Much of its gear support suggest leaning towards elemental solutions and Inquisitor mastery which in turn usually results in considerable lacks in both defense and offense. However, not only does PRM fit perfectly to the Mirror-MoT-TD ethos with but one piece of gear for target support being more than enough, but it also has the potential to compete with the division’s two heavy-weights: Agrivix and Clairvoyaint.

Did 1.0.7.0 make it happen?..

No. Cccsenn2 made a similar build in 1.0.6.1 which also boasted insane clear times (better than this but I’ll risk saying that it was mostly because of the author’s top notch piloting). What 1.0.7.0 brought about was elevating the Iskandra set to the level of Agrivix and (somewhat nerfed now) Clairvoyaint with the brilliant flat rr bonus for set completion. Agrivix already had a similar bonus which was of one of the main reasons for being able to compete with the all-powerful Clairvoyant. This buff was exactly what Iskandra needed.

Dressing up Panetti…

The core of the build is Slathsarr’s Crest medal. Elemental to aether conversion to PRM allows for more liberal approach to gearing and frees the build from depending on Decree of Aldrich, Reaper of the Accursed, Magelord rings and other conversion gear. Newly buffed weapon damage is a cherry on top.

Build can function with various gearing options. It’s possible to make it with Clairvoyaint. It is also possible to mix things up and go for non-set pieces (some MI shoulders, Spellgaze helmet, Decree&Reaper, etc.). However, imo full Iskandra and Wrath of the Ascendant work best due to double rr and cast speed.

The rest is standard for a spellbinder. With this one I made my first leap of faith and went below 50% stun res by using Wraithwalkers instead of Thunderstuck Stoneplate Grieves or Stoneplate Grieves of Kings/Featherstep. For more safety, however, I recommend the above or replacing one Sanctified Bone with a Leathery Hide.

Another option that I like to choose on binders is replacing Eternal Haunt ring with Screams of the Aether. IMO more devastation and racial damage sometimes warrants dropping the rr proc with somewhat long-ish cooldown. I did that on Agrivix/Anasteria binder but there Devastation is much more often and almost fully converted.

Strategy and gameplay…

Not much to say here. It’s a bit harder than Agrivix because you actually have to look at the screen to point PRM at someone. :smiley:

There is some weapon damage and some adcth but it’s mostly to get back on your feet during Mirror and stay on them during MoT when health pots are out. It’s not the easiest toon to pilot as you can die in 0.1 seconds if you don’t know what you’re doing. 3 hard hitting nems (Reaper, Grava and Maiden for example) can still burst through MoT. Mirror can jam. You might miss with MoT. Or just don’t cast it on time. So some minor repositioning is needed sometimes but when I move I usually do it to maximize clear times and not because I need to kite. It’s still a binder after all.

All 4 blessings are recommended. Could easily do without Ulzuin but you’d have to watch the energy bar as well.

I will post a banner run as soon as I record one. I did 3 with looting on one set of blessings and had about 3-4 minutes left so it’s definitely binder-tier.

Thank you for reading. All comments and criticisms more than welcome. Have a grim day.

Nice nerf to Spellbinders we got there :smiley:

Decent spec. I keep thinking that maybe Clairvoyant with an off-hand that gives RR and Conduit that gives PRM more weapon damage might be a better option.

Like this? Shit, yeah… It looks stronger… Thanks for killing my vibe! :smiley:

I was making a clairvoyant aether prm and linked it in ccsen prm thread. It might be good now with prm buff.

Still, 7:40 without banner is really good. Nicely done…!

Edit: just remember that iskandra’s got a crazy flat RR buff now, so you may want to put one pointer in bone harvest to apply it’s full RR to the enemy. Iskandra may be a better choice for PRM now.

Edit2: with that, you should have sufficient RR, what about clairvoyant wand for main hand? Crazy proc + casting speed + CDR, sounds really good for this build

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the brilliant suggestion. I overlooked that RR scales with weapon damage. I’ll update op with that.

Another alternative is to max CT (as it is reaches 100% wd somewhere above 20/16) in order to avoid having to use another cast and slow down on PRM. But since I hold back on CT for TD… Fucking decisions…

Let me run the numbers:

350% aether vs. 430% aether + 400% aether and 20% crit (half the time) = 0:1 for Clair
+1 all skills vs. +2 to devastation = 1:1 draw
-95 oa/da shred + -20% rr + 20% to humans + 4% cs vs. 5% cdr + 30oa = 2:1 for Wrath

I’d say they’re very close. I like the Wrath better. I find Clairvoyaint crude with that 1,000,000% aether damage. Just… unsophisticated! I’ll quietly confess I never liked him and I always rooted for Agrivix. :smiley:

Wow, thanks for the comparison.

I actually haven’t tried wrath of ascendant myself. Is the proc really reliable for RR? Is it only single target though?

Edit: you can always eliminate siphon souls and put it in bone harvest, then bind bone harvest to hungering void.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Updated op. Should squeeze a couple seconds more now.

Nice build Marek :wink:
Will give it a shot after I finish gearing my conjurer and cabalist.

Regards

Good idea, but everything comes too fast.:rolleyes:

Glad you showed up. I was wondering if your original build would still be faster due to extra conversion from Decree of Aldrich affecting Spear of the Heavens and some more Devastation, Fiend and Imp.

I also came across a brilliant idea of using Cindertouch gloves instead of aether gloves on binders with global elemental conversion - might work with your version if you mustered some more cast speed.

Everything comes too fast 什么意思?

Never mind. I just woke up to the realization that this build has been pushed to irrelevance by the recent update.