[1.0.7.1] ACID Blade Burst Witch Hunter - Crucible Farmer [c+] [g5] [vid]

BUILD
with permanent buffs, Blood of Dreeg, Pneumatic Burst, Hungering Void, ABB and Battle Cry

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23KQzE2

CONCEPT
Maximum usage of tuned Amarastas Blade Burst (The Vileblade Pact Set + Conduit), Shadow Strike and Ring of Steel with reduced CD via Belgotian Carnage relic and celestial power Time Dilation.

GEAR
Head: Myth. Cowl of the Venomblade
Shoulder: Zantarin’s Shoulderguard -> choose pre- and suffix as you feel comfortable
Chest: Myth. Stealth Jacket of the Venomblade
Hand: Myth. Viperfang Grips
Leg: Myth. Nidalla’s Legwraps
Foot: Thunderstruck Stoneplate Greaves of Kings -> cap res (stun) and collect HP, DA, OA
Gridle: Myth. Blade Breaker Sash
MH: Myth. Razor of the Venomblade
OH: Myth. Fist of the Venomblade
Amulet: Conduit of the Night Whispers with ABB bonus
Rings: Myth. Widow’s Sting -> Judicator’s Seals, Viloth’s with well rolled pre- and suffix, Myth. Ring of the Black Matriarch or Elemental Harmony with Putrid Necklace for additional conversion
Medal: Basilisk Mark -> choose pre- and suffix as you feel comfortable

VIDEO
7:00 Min Waves 154-170 3 Buffs / 1 Banner
https://youtu.be/ebUxJA4iJzk
forgot to record, sorry for the missing waves; a good pilot is certainly faster :wink:

CONCLUSION
I’m playing this guy since the first days of Grim Dawn, it never felt better :slight_smile:
Cons:

• could be more solid

Pros:

• very solid for a dw witch hunter
  • nice aoe-damage

Nice boots

It’s been done already http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80100 and imo better. Some feedback: 1) You want Nidalla relic there. 2) You definetely want more phys res. 3) Dmg from RoS is mediocre unless it’s full Korba trickster so medal slot would be best put to use hardcapping BoD and increasing global flat (Mark of Lethal Intents or Undying Oath) and those points in RoS are imo wasted. 4) Why exactly go for Aeon there and once you do why take Wretch instead of Viper? 5) You main dmg on this toon should be ABB and procs, wps are way overinvested here. 6) Investing in SS and NJE without mod support to SS is imo a waste of points. 7) Unless you wanna use Biting Blades Vitriolic Gallstone is always better that Seal of Shadows.

First of all, I apologize for not having looked again into the Build Compendium bevor i made this post. I’m working on this build since several months in the meantime, thejabrixone has released his great build! Nevertheless, there is a clear difference. Time to clear crucible seems to me very similar but i use more cd-skills for damage with lower auto-attack damage. Also Devotions are Edritch Affinity vs. Primordial Affinity.

Thank you for feedback!
1) I used Nidalla’s Outbreak for a long time. I think Belgotian Carnage (+Time Dilation) supports more my build idea to deal damage with reduced cd’s:

Equipment
MH: Venomspines 1,8s
OH: Venomspines 1,8s
Set: Venomwrath 0,5s
Rings: 2x Acid Spine Nova 2,0s
Amulet: Annihilation 1,0s
Leg: Nidalla’s Revenge 1,0s
Foot: Battle Cry 30,0s
Relic: Carnage 4,5s

Mastery
Blood of Dreeg 13,2s
Ring of Steel 2,6s
Amarastas Blade Burst 1,3s
Shadow Strike 2,3s
Pneumatic Burst 4,4s

Celestial Powers
Acid Spray 0,9s
Hungering Void 26,4s
Raise the Dead 1,8s
Time Dilation

All this active skills become their cd reduced by 1 second every 4,5 seconds and by 6 seconds every 14,1 seconds. In a perfect world, if we watch only 4,5 seconds with RoS, SS and ABB ->
1,73x RoS + 0,38 RoS through Carnage
3,46x ABB + 0,77 ABB throug Carnage
1,95x SS + 0,43 SS through Carnage
Roughly 22,2% more skilldamage and more fumble, freeze and movement.
Every 14,1 seconds nearly all cd’s are resettet. More uptime to Battle Cry, Hungering Voit etc.

2) Yes.

3) Hardcapping BoD with Myth. Undying Oath means 1 more point (18OA, 17HR/s and 9 flat acid damge), 1s reduced cd to Pneumatic Burst and BoD, 1 more skillpoint and ca. 5,5 flat acid damage which is nice but -for me- to a high price -> a lot of cd damage, cd’s are already reduced by Carnage/Time Dilation, with witch hunters prefix for example you get 3 skillpoints in comparison and flexibility in choosing pre- and suffix.

4) With 2 huge OA boosting skills in mastery combination (BoD, ABB), Cunning bonus and Vanguard Banner in Crucible you crit a lot therefor i go for hungering void. Aeon’s Hourglass is a powerful devotion with rare resitances, stats, dodge and DA and on the way. The Celstial Power supports my build idea.
I choose wretch mainly because of bleeding res. If i can cap it otherwise i take the viper, thank you.

5) Without Hungering Void and Battle Cry i make 3,33 attacks a second. Boosting WPS is not a bad idea. Which skill would you reallocate with how much points?

6) Where would you put the points?

7) Yes! Thank you :slight_smile:

I noted this build has a ranged weapon on swap.

In this build’s case - because the set bonus includes the weapons and weapon swap kills the set bonus - your statement is most likely true.

But in cases where you swap weapons frequently…then not having an aura to reactivate is attractive. Each time you fail to reactivate the aura you’d lose 25% acid (relative) rather than gain 50%. Any component auras on the swapped weapons will be turned off, even if the swap has the same components.

GD is not really a tactical game where you typically think of an alternative weapons load, but it is possible to play weapon swap madness for a change of style, a quick defense or change in stats, or maybe even … an aura or proc…hum…exploit?(for lack of a better word). QoL with not having to reactivate Envenomed Weapons aura x 2 with each swap is worth something.

That’s because Jabrix posted a no-banner run.

TD is imo only worth it for long cd skills like Devastation, Mirror, MoT, etc. For ABB it doesn’t really matter if whatever fractions of a second left when TD procs are reset every 15 seconds. However, it does give you ~100% uptime on Hungering Void and that’s something but… is it worth dropping most acid devotions? IMO, no. But if that’s your concept then… (read further)

(BTW I have read somewhere that Belgothian Carnage doesn’t work on procs from items like Battlecry. Never actually bothered to test it…)

…if your concept is a ABB/RoS/SS nuker with Belgothian relic and everything then you don’t do 3.33 attacks per second. On Venomblade autoattacks don’t do as much work as they would on, say, Deathmarked because you’re busy casting. Investing so many points in WPS while your Aspect of the Guardian and Dual Blades are at 1 point isn’t optimal. Besides, you got CoF at one point so think about how many times a minute you have to cast it with that radius.

BTW sorry if I sound to criticky.

-n Seconds to All Currently Active Skill Cooldowns does not apply to *item passive skills.
(*Any item skill that is triggered rather than manually activated.)